My playgroup!

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Church playgroup met Thursday for the first time! It went sooooooooo well. I am really looking forward to getting to know the moms better. There were five moms and we have one more joining us next month. There were 8 kids there, all ranging from 7 months to 2.5 years. The kids all did really well!

The only bad part is that for some reason I woke up and thought the playgroup time was 10:30. But as soon as I got there I realized it was supposed to be 10:00! Ugh, I felt so stupid, since I'm the one who organized it and recruited people, and made the time around Nathaniel's nap time. Oh well.

Here's one funny story... one of the moms has a daughter named Gianna. She introduced her kids and I didn't really take notice of the name. Then later she was talking about how they did the baptism for her daughter during Mass on Sunday. All of a sudden I realized I had actually been to her daughter's baptism! And not only that, but I specifically remember the event because when I heard what they had named her, I turned to Jeff and got a little emotional because Gianna is the name of a saint who was a big inspiration to me while we were TTC a baby. And when I said that to the mom, she told me she had actually named her daughter after that Saint. I thought that was so cool!

Oh, and an added bonus is that we discovered that all of us are way big into scrapbooking. So I'm excited that I may have some scrapbooking buddies to crop with.

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice and encouragement that so many of you gave me regarding this. It really was a success, and I'm glad Nathaniel has more opportunities to play with other kids.

September 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM
mudholemama
how exciting!!! I'm so glad that it turned out well....

September 29th, 2007, 03:16 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so great! Prayers that you all have so much fun together!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search