Gratitiude and reflections from Class

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Father Ed will be leading a pilgrimage to Lourdes, Fatima, and to the city in France from whence the Miraculous Medal came. He will be going this year in thanksgiving for his new hip and other medical issues that were taken care of.

In alignment with today's reading/homilies, he mentioned the need for 1) prayer 2)faith, and 3)gratitude. I am getting better at prayer, and my faith is stronger, though it wavers. It's that third one that I struggle with.

It's so much easier for me to say a quick prayer of thanksgiving after a big thing has happened. I need to work on the small things. Like the stars in the sky, my kids' smiles...

During the class today, Deacon H asked us who Jesus is to us. Everyone had great answers. Me? Not so much. I will say that I feel God the Father and God the Holy Spirit closer to me than Jesus. I don't know why! I do know that He was there when Mom died...I could see it in her eyes and in the sound of her last breath. I know he was holding my daughter during and after her open heart surgery.

But...I am struggling with this...! Horrible, I know!
October 15th, 2007, 12:34 AM
mudholemama
it's okay to struggle....maybe our good Lord, Jesus Christ wants you to struggle so that you can come
to understand His love for us in the cross. Especially in the small/big crosses we carry on a daily basis.

In time, God will give you the strength to remain vigilant in PRAYER to grow stronger in FAITH and to
be truly THANKFUL/GRATEFUL for His love on the cross....

I came to a deeper appreciation for Jesus by meditating on the Rosary...and the Stations of the Cross....
what did me in was when I watched The Passion...

I will pray for you...you're doing so AWESOME and being so patient and brave. God Bless you!
--Christine
October 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
No, it is not horrible! Once you achieve something after a struggle, it is always more precious because of the difficulties you overcame. Besides that is a huge question! I don't think I could put in just a few succinct words who Jesus is to me... perhaps the best answer is the one your heart cannot put into words.

Gratitude in the small things... Sounds like the "little way" of St. Therese!

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

October 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone struggles. You shouldn't feel bad about it. Its how life is.

Gratitude - Just the fact that you're aware of the need to be grateful, that you're paying attention to it... that in itself is an accomplishment, and one that will come easier and easier in time.

God bless and keep going!
October 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, ladies! I really appreciate your support...

My friend from class and I were saying that we were impatient to 'get it over with'. SHe's already baptized, and we are both due for confirmation in November. I don't think I will leave RCIA, though. This weekly dose of Catholic education is AWESOME!

I hope you all don't mind me sharing. Sometimes I just need to sound it out, you know?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search