Do you ever feel...?

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Do you ever feel like you've asked God for something totally reasonable, and He still doesn't help? Like God has been SO good to me. I have a wonderful life. But I am totally getting screwed right now and I keep asking God to help me get it fixed, and there is only so much time on this particular issue and He hasn't answered yet. And I do not know why He isn't answering this prayer I keep asking him. I am trying not to be whiny here. And I am really depressed about this issue so please don't lecture me, but I just feel so at a loss. I keep thinking, God must want me to drop out of school if He isn't willing to help me get this fixed. I keep asking myself if this is a lesson I have to learn because I have done something to cause it. But I just don't feel any of that is true, so I just feel so at a loss.
I just keep crying about it and I do not know what to do.

November 3rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For sure, I've definitely felt like that. I don't know the nature of your prayer or the situation, but I know when I've felt like that it's made me have to stop and re-focus. First I have to remember that God isn't like a vending machine, insert request and out pops what I want - you know? He is so much more intimately concerned with my life and what's best for me. Sometimes I have to stop and take the time to consider that maybe, just maybe, a closed door or an unanswered prayer IS the answer that is best for me. That whatever I've desired or been asking for isn't actually His will for my life. Every single time that has happened in my life, I was only able to see later why the thing I was praying so hard for was not in my best interest at all. And every single time that has happened, what His plan turned out to be was FAR greater than what I had been praying for - far beyond what I could have imagined. God does answer prayer, with the same kind of love we show our children. Sometimes the answer is NO. And sometimes the answer is Not Yet. And there was a lesson in all that for me, that God's gentle "no" is not something I need to fight so hard...because when He says "no" to something I've asked for, it's because He's saying "yes" to something better for me.

Hang in there, many prayers for you - whatever the situation is.
November 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
I don't know how to explain it, but it just feels...different.
I have had what you described happen many times where I later knew why God said "No" and I was happy with how it all turned out, even though it did not follow my plan. And often in my life when I have truly wanted something that I thought would never happen, God has provided it. So God has been great to me, and answered my prayers, "No" or "Yes" many times.
But somehow, this seems different. This seems like a "No" answer is like being forgotten, like I'm on the outs with God. I know that isn't possible. God loves me, God blesses me every day through my two children and husband and so much else. But I just can't figure out how this will be good.

I have gotten in over my head and I keep hoping He'll pull me up, and so far He hasn't...and the only Earthly solutions are running out. I turned to Mary and Thomas Aquains (I can't spell at all) today and asked for their intervention on my behalf...I just have to trust that He will show me why things are falling the way they are, but until He does, I feel like I'm really lost.
~Christen~

November 3rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't know how to explain it, but it just feels...different.
I have had what you described happen many times where I later knew why God said "No" and I was happy with how it all turned out, even though it did not follow my plan. And often in my life when I have truly wanted something that I thought would never happen, God has provided it. So God has been great to me, and answered my prayers, "No" or "Yes" many times.
But somehow, this seems different. This seems like a "No" answer is like being forgotten, like I'm on the outs with God. I know that isn't possible. God loves me, God blesses me every day through my two children and husband and so much else. But I just can't figure out how this will be good.

I have gotten in over my head and I keep hoping He'll pull me up, and so far He hasn't...and the only Earthly solutions are running out. I turned to Mary and Thomas Aquains (I can't spell at all) today and asked for their intervention on my behalf...I just have to trust that He will show me why things are falling the way they are, but until He does, I feel like I'm really lost.
~Christen~[/b]

Hang in there Christen! Is there any way you can go sit with the Eucharist at Adoration or even just before the Tabernacle? Sometimes when I feel lost it helps me to go sit with Him, and just remember how He is always waiting there, locked in the Tabernacle, maybe feeling lost, waiting for us to come to Him...the way we wait for Him to come to us. He knows how you feel. In the garden of Gethsemane, He felt lost too. Hanging on the cross, when all the disciples He loved so much totally BAILED on Him except for John....He felt lost. But without any of that, there would have been no Resurrection! Whatever cross you are carrying now, it will bear fruit somehow. It will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsS6Yv7l5_I

November 4th, 2007, 02:51 AM
God opened my eyes a little tonight. I had been saying I couldn't see how the path I was on COULD be good. But tonight dh and I were joking and he was talking about being together and I said it was the wrong time of month, and I'm only on my way to my 2nd postpartum period right now so I really am trying to focus on the signs that I'm ovulating, so I said we couldn't do that tonight. But then I joked about having a baby. And suddenly I could see scenerios where being out of school next Fall was the best thing for me and I said, "Maybe I REALLY haven't given God enough time to show me what direciton I'm supposed to go." And it gave me a sort of peace with the subject again. At least until my professor that is causing me the troubles talks to me again, because he always upsets me when he does.
~Christen~

November 4th, 2007, 04:26 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I am praying for you and with you, too. Whatever this situation is, it sounds like you are determined to have trust no matter what. Next time you have to deal with this professor, go into it with a prayer that the Holy Spirit will protect your inner peace. God bless you, sweetie!

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

November 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Quote:
I am praying for you and with you, too. Whatever this situation is, it sounds like you are determined to have trust no matter what. Next time you have to deal with this professor, go into it with a prayer that the Holy Spirit will protect your inner peace. God bless you, sweetie![/b]
Thanks! I need you ladies...I really do need to make this a regular stop on my JM visits.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search