Log In Sign Up

Delia Violet

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 325
I can't believe it is my turn to write our birth story.

On the Dec. 30th I had my 38 week appointment. My doc checked me and said that I was almost two, soft, and high. Since my DS was born two weeks early I was thinking it could happen anytime. We talked alot about how I could tell if my water broke as a trickle. As I was leaving the doc's office I stopped into the bathroom. I was bleeding a little from being checked, but as I was leaving the bathroom I felt a little gush. That was 3:15. I didn't know what to do. I felt it was different than I had felt before, but seeing the full office I just left. I was in denial!! What would the chances be? I just spent an hour with the Doc talking about water and how much I really wanted her to be born in 09. Thought there was no chance at that point! Haa

So DH and I went and ran to office max and to the grocery store. At the store I had a couple contractions and more gushes. I went and waited in the car. Still in denial. We got home around 5:00 and made dinner. I also had bought pop-tarts to be my treat for New Year's Eve. Well, I sat down and ate four!!! I was starting to come out of denial and had promised myself no junk food after baby was here. I was not going to miss my treat! My DH was trying to finish up some important work on his laptop and I was starting to get my stuff together, which was easy since I had ben packed for weeks.

We called Doc on call around 9:45 PM and she told me to come on in. She is the same Doc that my husband said after an appointment with her "she is going to deliver us". We had about 14 other Docs it could have been.
We drove to the hospital 45 min away and I had only about three light contractions. It was so surreal I kept thinking I know this is it but what if I'm wrong.

When we got there I could barely walk. Still in denial though. They checked us in gave us a room and gown to wear and that was it. My husband was in so much denial that he was like we could be wrong don't you want to check her. The nurses just laughed and said no she knows and I had just come out of the bathroom and finally I was positive it was just too much fluid.

I had fantastic nurse who is also a midwife at another place so she was very comforting. I labored for a little while I'm not sure how long couple hours and the Doc said I could get and epi anytime I wanted. So I went for it since my last labor was rough and natural. It took the doc forever since there were a couple c-sections first. The contractions were not too bad,but when he got there I was happy. It didn't take me long to see that it didn't take, at all! In the hour that I was waiting for him to come back the contractions got really intense. I only had to wait an hour so it was not bad but I couldn't move around so it was hard. Finally he came back did another epi and it was glorious. It took and I could feel the contraction but it was just not painful! We labored like that just talking and hanging out. My husband couldn't believe how calm and easy it was. We ended up getting a little pitosen Sp? to help me a long and before I knew it we were pushing. The nurse and DH held my legs for some pushes than the nurse said I was still high up. She had to go help in another room and so DH And I pushed with the contraction and by the time the nurse came back she did two practice pushes and said stop I need to get the Doc. The Doc came in and I could already feel the head and could not stop the erge to push was too great, even with the epi. I told them I couldn't stop she was coming. The Doc only had one glove on and they didn't have time to break down the bed. She came flying out. She was perfect and screaming. Dh and I were crying. It was beautiful! It was just an incredible experience. I could feel her coming out but there was no pain! I had a 2nd degree ripe but it never gave me any trouble.

Delia Violet was born 12/31/09
7 lbs 10 oz 20. 1/2 inches long
Reply With Quote
January 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
4Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,432
Congrats she was the same weight and length as my son (bron Dec 28th 09)

Reply With Quote
January 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 35,234
Aw congratulations! I love how she came 'flying out' hehe!

Reply With Quote
January 10th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Georgia, USA
Posts: 3,136
Congratulations!!! Aren't epidurals wonderful?!
~*Sally*~ wife to Chris since 2000, mom to Morgan (12), Jonah (8), and Jaxson (3)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0