Log In Sign Up

Grace-Elizabeth's early arrival Jan.16,2010 @ 34 weeks

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2010, 08:25 AM
We love Grace-Elizabeth
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 767
Wednesday night Jan 13th I was in incredible amount of pain from my gallstones( which had been a problem for a few months). And having contraactions and alot of pressure. So I called my OB's office talked to the Doc on call which was my Favirote doc in the practice Dr. Lambert she said to go ahead and come into L&dD and get IV fluids and IV pain meds and go on the monitor. So we headed there no bags packed not mine not baby's since we were not expecting to stay. We got there they put us in a room (should have been the first hint it was an actual labor room not just an assestment room). Doc Lambert came in while I was changing into gown in restroom and I could hear her chatting with hubby and she was not playing around this time was telling him to be prepared to stay until delivery. So i came out and they hooked me up to the monitor gave IV meds and checked me I was 1 cm high and thick which was good. I was having ALOT of mild contractions so they gave me a shot of tribudaline to stop them. Then they did ultrasound to check gallbladder to make sure there was no changes there like infection. Then doc Lambert came back in and was like this is the fourth time in the last month we have had to do this so I am keeping you for the duration and the other docs in the practice and I will meet and set a target delivery date. In the meantime they gave me the steriod shot to develop her lungs (just in case) Second dose of steriod was to be given 24 hours later. So we stayed on L&D and continued monitoring and taking meds for contractions which still had not stopped. Now they started giving me procardia by mouth to stop them. Slowed them but didnt stop them. Next day Thursday Jan.14 Dr Gee is on call so she came to see me and checked me and no change still 1 cm high and thick. So she was like continue with the meds and monitoring. So my hubby is in a mad scramble to find someone to take my two cheerleaders to Charlotte NC with them for a competition which we were supposed to go to but we now realized there is NOWAY we are going. So that all works out Thank God for good friends who kids cheer with mine. Then he had to get my 14 yr old daughter ready for a church ski trip to Tenesse. All that taken care of he went home and packed me up a few things since I had nothing no bag packed. He brought the girls by to see me before they all left out of town. They were like mommy you arent going to have the baby when we are gone are you? I was like no way not a chance that is why I am here and not at home. So off they went. Hubby went home for the night and they gave me second dose of steriod that night. Thank God in 24 hours her lungs will be protected as much as we could have done. So relived I got a little rest. Next morning and day (friday) all the same still moniored and IV fluids and meds still having contractions. Oh also friday morning Dr lambert came in to see me and was like continue the same and be prepared to stay awhile we really would like to get to at least 36 weeks. I was 34 weeks. And they gave me my morning dose of procardia about five mins later after doc lambert was done I started turning all red and heart started racing sweating and shaking. So I hit the nurse button they come in and then grab doc from hallway and she was like WOW girl what did you get into? Told the nurse to push benedryl in IV cause it was allergic reaction to something. We werent sure what if it was something I ate or a medicine they were giving. It went away with the benedryl the rest of friday was calm and boring. Same thing Friday night. That night hubby hung out with my oldest daughter until about 11 pm and they went home. Next morning same thing no change and same exact allergic reaction this time my hubby was there for it and it scared the crap out of him . But thankfully we knew I had only been given the procardia so we figured out that was what I was allergic to. So now it is Saturday Jan 16th afternoon. Dr keaton is on call and comes by to see us. She was all upbeat and was saying maybe we could try all this from home again. And I was soooo excited I wanted to go home!!! So she left the room and was back in like 2 mins and asked us when was the last time we had an U/S we were like 2 weeks ago. She then said well we are going to do another one as she is wheeling in the machine. She said she saw decelerations on the monitor strip. So she does the U/S and starts to look really worried and keeps looking in the same spot. So she says she needed to get a fetal specialist in here right away. And that thank god the one the treated her when she was pregnant with her son was on call and in the hospital right then. So she pages him and he comes in they start talking and thats when we start to get a clue as to what was going on. they said I had very little to no amniotic water left and cord was tangled all around baby and baby's bladder looked big.They stepped out in the hall for a few mins and when they came back in they were like we are having a baby TODAY!!! It was now around 4 pm and dr keaton was like we will do c section ( she was breech and the cord issue) at 7 pm. So thats when things really got moving. I sent hubby and oldest daughter to buy a camera. At 630 my burse who I loved btw came in and prepped me for section. By 645 we were wheeling down the hall to OR. and they preeped me did spinal and let hubby back in. Grace-Elizabeth was born kicking and screaming at 714 pm sat Jan 16th 2010!!!! When I heard her cry I was so relieved I starting crying. My husband cme over and showed me pic and said she was 6 ponds exactly and doing really good. they brought her over to me and she had a little oxygen hood but they moved it so I could kiss her and she was the most amazing smallest little thing I fell instantly in love!!! they took her to NICU since she was six weeks early and a section baby 5 days later we went home and she has done GREAT since.
Reply With Quote
January 31st, 2010, 09:54 AM
mommyof3now's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 6,289
Wow what a ordeal you had to go through it is great that she is doing well and your dr's seamed to have everything uncontrolle.
Reply With Quote
February 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Va.
Posts: 2,804
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Wow. I'm glad everything turned out so wonderfully!! Congrats, mama!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

Reply With Quote
February 19th, 2010, 04:19 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Missouri
Posts: 5,511
I'm so glad everything turned out well with your little Grace-Elizabeth

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0