Log In Sign Up

Amrina Maria Rajeana - 2/15/10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM
MommytoMandL's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 825
I'll just start from monday morning lol, we all know how long this COULD be if I started from the start of things lol

So about 3am i was getting ready to go to bed monday morning, but i noticed i was having some contractions, I figured it was what it had been for about a week, another false alarm, around 4 they were starting to get a bit worse and i went up to the washroom for about 5th time, I was getting quite uncomfortable but i didn't want to rush, my mom was up and asked if i was ok, i just shrugged it off and went back downstairs... about 4:45 i woke dh and told him i couldn't sleep and he said he would rub my back to see if it helped, it didn't and i told him to get dressed i was going to wake my mom... woke my mom and we set off for the hospital just after 5...

i was admitted about 5:30 and in my room, the nurse and the brand new resident both checked me, i was still only 1.5 and 50%, the nurse said they would keep me an hour and recheck me, and go from there

at 630 she checked me and i was 2-3 so she told me to get up and get walking and we would check again in an hour

i walked for about 45 minutes but the seizures intensified with the contractions and i was getting them about every 10 minutes.... so i had to stop

at 7:30 a new nurse came in and said she would be calling my dr at 8 and would check me then, and hoped i was there to stay!

at 8 i was a good 3 and my membranes were buldging, so my dr said to keep me, and she would be in a bit to get things going

about 930 things were slowing a bit...not seizure wise though, they were still really frequent and i was getting exhausted, my dr came in and i was still 3 but i was fully effaced so she said i could walk but only in my room

around 12:30 another nurse and a paramedic in training came in and started the drip, he put the iv in and did a great job, both her and him tried to feel position of baby but they couldn't tell much, so they stated their ideas, neither was the same lol and she said they would up the drip in 30 minutes

around 1 i asked to be checked because i was hitting really hard labor and i was 6, the nurse said once my water broke i would probably go quick, which we knew so she set up the room and was gonna call my dr in to do it

about 1:30 or so the contractions were one on top of the other, and i had to sit right upright because of my back which is insanely bruised from all my falls...so another nurse came in to try to adjust the monitor so i could sit up the way i wanted and they could monitor baby, she tried to use a towel to prop the monitor and my sister says "well atleast we know if her water breaks there is a towel there!" Sure enough a minute later my water broke! just as my dr was coming in to do it...she said "What do you want for pain?" i said "Nothing" she said it would be awhile as my contractions were fluctuating a bit, one was stronger then the other, so she would be back she was going to the assessment room...there was merconnium in the water, my water broke at 1:42 and i was 7cm

The nurse kicked my sister and friend out because there wouldn't be enough room because a ped and icn nurse had to be in the room because of the merconnium... right after, she left the room, another nurse, named Marge, rushed in and said "She LEFT you?!?"

At 2 i was fully dilated and baby was coming! Marge called for the dr, who told her should would be along in a minute...marge screamed "NO ! NOW, she is crowning!!" My sister and friend both watched the dr run down the room screaming for gloves lol

the dr and the medic in training ran in the room and they threw gloves on her while they all screamed at me not to push, i wasn't, my body was though, once dr had gloves on she looked at me and said "PUSH"...her head was already out though so one push and she was there...

medic in training...nearly fainted! lol

2:05 pm, 23 minutes after my water broke Amrina Maria Rajeana came in to the world weighing 6lbs 7oz and was 19 inches long, she has a full head of dark brown hair and looks just like her sisters!

she was a very tired/mucousy girl for the entire day Monday and Tuesday and didn't eat much and weighs now just under 6lbs, but the ped had no problems letting us go home so yesterday we came home, and come last night she found her way and is now nursing like a champ!!



I got some other ones on my phone, which i will upload asap when i find my cord!
Kayla (28)
Wife to Daren(33)
Mommy to M(9), L(5),A(2) and D (5.6.12)

Reply With Quote
February 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,576
Congratulations!! thanks for sharing so quick.. its a beautiful story!!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
Reply With Quote
February 19th, 2010, 10:40 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Missouri
Posts: 5,511
Wow, your story is pretty amazing! Glad the doctor got there in time, barely! How are you feeling now?

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
wha ta gorgeous little one-- love her hair!!! congratulations mama, i am sooo glad she is here safely, and that your health can hopefully get right back to normal!!
it sounds like you had a pretty smooth labour. how was the pain? you went natural, but didn't mention if it was particularly bad. my first two labours were unintentionally med/epi-free, and i hated them! but when i got my "half-epidural" with baby #3, i hated it, didn't need it, and would never choose to have one again, lol!!!
i dilate super-fast, and go very fast at the end, too, to i can sort of relate, and am glad that it happened for you-- i always like to hear good labour stories!
congrats again, sweetie. hugs and love for you guys.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0