Log In Sign Up

Chloe Leigh January 29, 2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 501
The evening of January 27th I felt horrible. I kind of thought something might be up but didn't say anything to my hubby as I had before and nothing came of it. We finally fell asleep around 11:30 and just over a half an hour later I woke up and felt a little wet down there. I laid there for a bit and thought maybe I had just urinated a bit but just in case I poked hubby and asked him to get me a towel. He went and grabbed one and I got up and stuck it between my legs, no gush, nothing. The bed had a bit of wetness on it, I assumed pee. Went to the bathroom, went pee, sat there for a few minutes and thought OK I peed the bed, how embarrassing! Then I stood up and the water started gushing out, it wasn't pee after all, my water broke, just like it had with my son, except with him it was more obvious a splash on the floor when I got out of bed! So I quietly yell at hubby not to wake my son and said yup it's my water. We called the mother in law so she could come stay here so there was no need to wake our two year old up at that time of night.
At the hospital I was contracting but not regularly so a few hours after I got there they hooked me up to Pitocin. I was in labor for just over 30 hours from start to finish, in so much pain. The epi sucked and they would only allow top ups every hour and I was screaming at them it wasn't doing anything so they finally got permission to do top ups every half hour, that worked and I got some sleep. I was 10 cm for probably over 5 hours but I was sleeping and didn't feel pressure and baby was still high up so they didn't have me push yet. Finally they said they would have me start pushing and would give me one hour and if no progress then C/S as I had trouble delivering my 6 lb son who was 6 weeks early and needed forceps. Obviously this baby is much bigger as I was 4 more weeks further along. So I pushed hard for one hour, the nurse said I was pushing really well but she wasn't coming down. Then after the hour the doc came in and he said we would try some really hard pushing and to push like I never had before and if that made no progress C/S time. So I pushed for another half hour so hard that my face hurt and I've never tried harder at anything in my life. He said I was pushing great and if she could have fit she would have been born already....decided C/S time! I was relieved in a way as I had a feeling all along that I would be having one and many hours earlier I told them to just cut her out already because it was going to end up that way anyway. I wish they could have done it earlier and not make me suffer through over 30 hours of labor!!!
Off to the OR, I was shaking like crazy, lots of pressure and finally on January 29th at 6:22 a.m. Chloe Leigh was born weighing 8 lbs 13 oz (no wonder I couldn't get her out) and 21" long, she scored 9 & 9, my healthy girl. She screamed the entire time daddy held her while I got stitched up. Off to recovery and she came with. Then the worst wasn't over...they kept pressing on my uterus to make sure clots would come out but no more would. All of a sudden I was laying there relaxing and I felt all this gushing and I told hubby to get the nurse, she pulled up the blanket and he said there was a ton of blood/clots...she called the docs etc. and they gave me gas to suck on and pushed like crazy on my uterus and gave me something in my IV to contract it more. Then they had to clean it all up and omg there was loads of blood, no wonder I had been feeling a little dizzy. After that I was all good!
They bathed Chloe and put her in one of the sleepers we brought and I enjoyed my little girl!

Reply With Quote
February 19th, 2010, 04:25 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Missouri
Posts: 5,511
Wow, all that pushing and you still had a c-section. Too bad they didn't just go ahead and do it like you were thinking. Glad everything is ok though

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
Reply With Quote
February 20th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Va.
Posts: 2,804
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Aw, I'm sorry you need a C-section, but I'm glad your little girl made it here safely.

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0