Log In Sign Up

Orion David born bigger than life (2-15-10)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,430

We were scheduled to be induced on Monday night and get here Tuesday morning Feb 16th. However, Orion decided he did not like that day and came a day early. It started on Sunday morning. I woke up on Sunday morning with a good bloody show and not so nice poops. I knew he was coming! I was having mild contractions, but nothing too bad, so DH and I decided to keep up with our daily plans. We went out to breakfast with our bestfriends, went shopping and then came home to clean up and wait for his parents to get here. Well they got here around 2pm and we decided we needed to go to Olive Garden to try their new dishes! At Olive Garden my contractions were getting a little stronger, but nothing too bad. After Olive Garden I asked everyone if we could stop at Wal-Mart because I wanted more baby hangers...this is when it happended. I was walking through the store and OUCH! OMG, I had a contraction that made me stop in my tracks and moan. Some dude in the toaster section just looked at me and asked me if I was ok? LOL The rest of my family was in the food/beer and electronic sections, so I was by myself. I text my husband and he came to get me.

We came home (7pm) and I started packing...I knew I was now in real labor. My parents show up to say hi to my in-laws and now I have a packed house. I tell my husband to tell everyone to leave me alone and they do. I laid down on my bed until 11pm and then get up and pace a little. The contractions were strong, but not all of them, so I figured it might be a false alarm. I get to my PJ's and hope into bed for the night. Then in the middle of the night (1:30am) they start up again and I just can't think and I'm moaning like a mad woman. My DH says "That's it, let's go!" and we do. Of course after a shower and some make-up.

We get to the hospital at 3am and start the whole process. I was 3cm when we got there and 60% effeced. We still had a bit to go. This part is normal...I huffed and puffed and moaned like a crazy woman...then at 5cm I got my epi and then fell in love with the ani guy. He gave me drugs and made me feel good, what else does a woman in labor need!

Around 5pm I was ready to go...10cm and 100% effaced. I was ready to push!!! Woohoo!!! I tried for a good two hours. Tried differnt postions and husbnad really helped me. During this time, my vitals and the babies were all over the place and I ended up getting a 102.9 fever. They started pushing all these drugs and said that it was getting a little worrisome. After I sarted feeling really bad and te babies heart beat was jumping from 150 to 210 to 89, she said it was time for a c-section. One moment my legs are in the air and 3 min later, I am in the OR. I was not worrried about the section, I just wanted Orion to be ok, so I was super strong...I am still proud of myself about it. I told them to do what ever they needed to do for us. My DH was able to make it in to see him being pulled out of me (7:50pm). I was so excited when I heard him cry....I have never cried so hard out of happiness in my whole life!!! I saw the nurse give him to my husband and then I heard "There is alot of blood" and then that's all I remember.

My DH said that they asked him to go with Orion, but when he was walking out they told him that there were a little complication and that they were going to take good care of me and that he could see me in 20 min. Well 45 min later, they tell him that I am going to be in recovery soon. I started bleeding too much due to my uterus not contracting and they had to give me some blood and extra drugs.

After I woke up in the recovery room I was all dopped up and in a little pain, but all I could think about was Orion. DH walked in and told me that has was so handsome and that he was so excited to be a daddy. He then told me that he was grunting a little so they had to take him to the NICU, but he saw him and the doctors said he was going to be just fine. The nurses then told him that he would have to leave me again, so he did. At this time, I noticed that my face was not working. Well, they guess the meds might have caused a little bit of a reaction; however they had to make sure I had not had a stroke or something, so that was a little frightning.

At the end though (1am), I was ok, Orion was perfect and we were all in our room recovering from a long day....

that morning all three of us were awake in the hospital room for our first sunrise thanking God for life

Orion David Rodriguez was born Monday Feb 15, 2010 at 7:50pm. He was 8lbs, 14.8ozs and was 22inches long.

Sono three days before had said he was 7.3lbs! LOL Yah right!

We are just getting to go home today (a whole work week later) and I am in a little pain, but my face is back to normal, Orion is eating, pooping and peeing and we are one happy family!

Reply With Quote
February 19th, 2010, 09:00 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Missouri
Posts: 5,511
You've got quite a story! Glad that you're all ok and home finally! Congrats!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
Reply With Quote
February 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Va.
Posts: 2,804
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
I'm glad everythng turned out so well! Congrats, mama!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2010, 10:04 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
awww, gina, congratulations! he is SO handsome, i love him! i adore big chunky babies, and can't wait to see nick get a little fatter, lol!
i am sorry to hear that you had an emergency, though, hon. how scary it all seems! i get so teary. thank heavens everything turned out all right-- he's big and healthy, and neither of you have any lasting complications. what a relief!
congrats to your family and lots of love and hugs. hope you are recovering well, and not in so much pain!
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0