Log In Sign Up

Ms. Rilynn Scarlett's Unexpected Arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,490
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
On Wednesday March 24th I went for a walk in the evening, went about 4 miles or so, and I only had a couple contractions, nothing real strong or regular or anything at all that would make me even pay more than a glancing notice to them. I was very relaxed, just enjoyed the walk with my dog and listened to music and just generally enjoyed myself. I got home, ate dinner, and hung out with my hubby. Well, bedtime rolls around and I went to the restroom and when I wiped I had a lot of blood. Not like a tinge of blood, like more than a teaspoon mixed in with a very tiny bit of mucous. So I called L&D and the nurse I spoke with said until it turns into liquid, like period bleeding, not to worry about it. So I went to bed and throughout the night every time I got up to use the restroom there was still blood. Well it continued into the morning so I decided I would call my doc to see if he could see me that day instead of waiting for my appt on Monday and I could see what he thought about the bleeding and the fact that I had been contracting off and on in semi regular patterns for almost 2 weeks. So I called and the receptionist wouldn't even let me leave the message, she said to go in to L&D. I called L&D because I didn't want to go in and waste their time and mine if they were just going to tell me it was normal and to go home. The nurse I spoke to this time let me get to the point where I said I had been bleeding the night before and she said come in, bring a bag, you're staying. I rolled my eyes, called my hubby and told him if he wanted to go, I'd meet him there, if not, it wasn't a big deal because there was no way we were staying. I just knew that nurse was on crack because she didn't let me finish the story to the point of telling her my bleeding had been tapering off throughout the morning. But he decided he wanted to go so he was gonna go home and change out of uniform and pick up the bags just in case and he'd meet me at the hospital. So I got there before him and wandered around for awhile to pass the time. So he got there, we went in and when they called us into the triage room for monitoring, I really really had to pee but I didn't know if they'd need a urine sample so I decided to hold it. I hopped up on the table and felt a little tiny leak of fluid. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it other than thinking it was a little odd. As I sat there, two more tiny tiny leaks came out and I looked at my hubby and said "this is horrible because I've maintained bladder control all the way up to this point and I think I just pee'd myself." He laughed and said maybe your water broke and I just rolled my eyes at him. So the doc came in and I forewarned her before getting down there for an exam that I may have pee'd a little. She went down to do a speculum exam and said that there was some pooling down there and it was definitely coming from my uterus so I was going to be admitted. I sat there in shock and couldn't believe it was actually happening. I was also pretty pissed because all I had had to eat all day was a freakin pop tart at 630 that morning. So I got admitted and about a half an hour later I started having contractions 2-3 minutes apart, but not painful and honestly barely noticeable. They stayed that way from 1130 in the morning until 630 in the evening when they started me on Pitocin. At 715 my hubby took a picture of me laying in the hospital bed and I was laughing saying it was going to be the fakest smile ever and all of a sudden a really strong contraction hit and I was rocking back and forth on my side when I heard and felt this massive, pop and the most intense pain I've ever felt hit me like a brick. I couldn't breath, couldn't talk, and my hubby ran out to get someone and 4 nurses ran in and said that I probably had a 'forebag' that had been leaking and my actual bag of water just broke and forewarned me that it was gonna be tough from here on out. So I labored on my own, in my own personal he11 for awhile before I caved and asked for the epidural. I got the epi and felt so much better for about an hour and a half before it started wearing off on my right side. So I rolled back and forth from side to side until I just couldn't take it any more. So they called the anesthesiologist back in and he left me for another 45 minutes before he could see that I really was hurting horribly. He ended up giving me some different type of med through the epi and said that it was going to make me go COMPLETELY numb from the waist down and that that wasn't where they wanted me to be for pushing, they wanted me to feel some pressure so I'd know when to push. He walked out, the nurse walked in and checked me and I was fully dilated and they needed me to push. I couldn't feel a freaking thing, couldn't wiggle my toes or move my legs even and inch, I was completely incapacitated. So I started to push and they brought in a mirror and I could see her head, and they kept telling me, oh she's right there she's right there. Well, an hour and a half later I finally told them all to F off because they'd been saying she's right there for a freaking hour! At one point my leg even managed to slip off the bed because it was such complete dead weight and it almost yanked my body off the table. I was completely exhausted, I'd been up for just shy of 24 hours, in labor for 16 of that and in hard labor for 8 of that. So yeah I was so exhausted I just kept begging them to get her out of me, I couldn't do it. They wouldn't do anything, no perenial massage, or help stretch me for her to get out or anything. The doc literally stood there with her arms crossed and just let the nurses encourage me. I think I about hated her at that point for her complete lack of help. I started to vomit over and over and over again, and in the long run, that's what ended up pushing Ry out. Finally my hubby, who was the most amazing fantastic coach in the world, told me to look down and see her. I honestly didn't even care at that point because I was so unbelievably exhausted, I was falling asleep for about 10-20 seconds between pushes, but I looked down and saw her head was out a couple inches and that made me give about 2 more pushes before I started to vomit again and lo and behold, my body pushed her out. They put her on my stomach and I was touching her and talking to her and the nurse was rubbing her down with a towel, but she wouldn't cry so they started yelling 'warmer' and 'oxygen' and I looked over as they rushed her away and couldn't see her but I could see a nurse holding a baby oxygen mask and I about lost it. Thank God my hubby kept running back and forth between my bed and the warmer and telling me she was ok and beautiful and he hold her hand and talked to her and he really was just so incredibly amazing. The most horrible part was they handed her to me after she started crying and I couldn't hold her. I was still too sick to my stomach and I started to vomit AGAIN and I had to have my hubby hold her next to me so I could see her, but I just couldn't stop throwing up. Finally they gave me some zofran and it kicked in quick so my nausea went away. I got to hold her and oh my god it was the most amazing feeling in the world. She was so incredibly beautiful and perfect and I just can't even put into words how perfect the world was in that moment. So I didn't get my natural birth, but in the end, I didn't care. My daughter is worth it all. Rilynn Scarlett born on March 26th 2010 at 3:15 A.M. weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. <3
Mommy to Rilynn (3-26-10) and Colt (3-22-12)

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2010, 07:47 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
Wow thanks for sharing your story! I'm sorry you were so sick throughout the whole experience! But you have a beautiful daughter now who I'm sure made it all worth it! Congrats again!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2010, 07:54 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 18,948
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
What a story!! All I ate the day Kolbie was born was a poptart too

Congrats momma!
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,389
Congrats you did a great job!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2010, 09:24 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Offutt AFB, NE
Posts: 19,799
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
You did amazing hun, absolutely amazing. That does not sound like an easy birth at all, but you did what you had to do!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2010, 11:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,490
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
Thanks ladies. I really was very disappointed in myself for not doing it the way I felt I should be able to, but you guys make it much easier to accept. =) thank you.
Mommy to Rilynn (3-26-10) and Colt (3-22-12)

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
Reply With Quote
April 1st, 2010, 09:29 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,367
Congrats! so sorry things didn't go exactly the way you wanted- but you have beautiful baby now.

Reply With Quote
April 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 8,110
I'm sorry you had such a long, hard labor, but your beautiful baby girl is all worth it! Thanks for sharing!!

Reply With Quote
April 16th, 2010, 10:05 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ID
Posts: 13,200
You did a great job! Sorry about the rough labor! Congrats again on your baby girl

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0