Log In Sign Up

Zeppelin Michael

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 344
Zeppelin "Zepp" Michael was born at 8:03pm Tuesday April 6th, 2010. Zepp was actually born on his daddy's birthday which was pretty cool.

I had gone in Monday April 5th for my 37 week appointment, I had been going twice a week for the past week or so due to my rising blood pressure, swelling, and the little amounts of protien in my urine. When the nurse checked my blood pressure she had said it was high, althouhg didn't tell me exactly what it was but said she needed to talk to the dr but I'd probably be going on over to labor and delivery. My dr came in and talked to me letting me know that with my 24 hour urine test had came back and the cut off was 300 and my number was 392, so with all of that he said that it'd be best for me to go ahead and get induced rather than wait for something worse to happen. Before I went over to L&D he checked me and I was 1 cm although thick so he said he wanted to start me on cervidil first. I called DH and let him know to head on over to the hospital because I was going to be induced.

When I got over to L&D I was admitted and started on the cervidil about 3:30 and let me tell you that is the most uncomfortable thing to be put in that I would have ever thought. They also started the IV and the nurse had trouble getting a vein so on the second try she eventually called another nurse in and they got the IV needle in for when it was time to start the IV, although they put it right on my wrist so I was very uncomfortable and when my Dr came in to check on me I asked if we could move it because I knew that when contractions started this was going to be uncomfortable. I did have the night nurse move it and luckily she was so great she asked how many times they had stuck me earlier and so she said that if she wasn't completely confident she was going to call in someone else so she called in another nurse and this time the IV went in so easy and less pain this time around. I was told that they were going to take the cervidil out and check my cervix about 4am so make sure I eat before then since once they started the pitocin that I wouldn't be able to eat, so I had DH pick me up food and I told him to wake me up at 3am to eat. Well I woke up about 2:30 having contractions and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep since I knew I was about to have a big day ahead of me but with all the pain it wasn't happening. I did end up falling asleep about 3:30 and luckily my night nurse was so amazing and had known that I was having trouble sleeping so when she came in at 4 and found me sleeping she let me sleep so I ended up being checked at 4:30 and I was 2cm almost 3 and having contractions on my own which was good.

About 5 am is when the pitocin was started and my nurse had told me that I could have my epidural at any time I wanted but I told her I was going to wait until atleast 8. Well 8am rolled around and I was having some painful contractions and I was ready to get my epidural so I asked the day nurse and she really wanted me to wait which kind of made me mad since I knew the orders had said I could have it when ever. I did eventually get my epidural about 9am and while I was getting the epidural I thought my water broke because of the warm sensation from the epidural but it turned out it was just the meds working through my body. They wanted me to get comfortable and then it was time to break my water. Once I had the epidural I was in heaven though my family would be like hey your having a huge contraction and I'd be like oh really. Not much happened for the next few hours except my nurse putting me in all kinds of positions to help move the baby's head more onto my cervix.

Well during this time one exciting thing that happened was DH was out in the hall with his aunt and they saw Fredbird the mascot for the St. Louis Cardinals and it just happened to be the same guy who had been at our wedding reception so he came in and took pictures with us so that was pretty funny since he's been at 2 of our life changing events.

Anyway, I was getting really itchy from the epidural so they gave me some benedryl and cleared out the room because I was falling asleep from the meds. Well about 5 pm they checked me and I was 6cm and the nurse said that I'd probably be delivering about 9:30 or 10 so DH went ahead and told everyone to go ahead and get dinner since it'd be a little while. We still were keeping everyone out because I just needed some alone time and having so many people in my room was kind of stressing me out. Well about 45 minutes later I was checked again and I was an 8 so DH hurried to tell everyone not to leave and he ran down to the cafeteria to get a quick dinner. It took about another hour and a half and I was a 9.5 and it was time to get ready. I started pushing about 7:45pm and at 8:03pm Zepp was born, I had a small tear that required just a stitch or two but other than that everything was great. Zepp weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 19.25 inches long.

The whole birth and labor was amazing I never imagined it would be so easy but it was pretty easy and I was so happy with the way things turned out.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Reply With Quote
April 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 8,110
Congratulations on your little man!

Reply With Quote
April 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,367
Congrats! What hospital in St. Louis were you in? I am delivering at St. Luke's.

Reply With Quote
April 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
Wow! What a great story! I am probably going to have to be induced and I hope my story is similar to yours!! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

And Congrats on baby Zepp!!!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
April 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 344
I was at St. Lukes I loved the experience there and plan on going there again.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Reply With Quote
April 15th, 2010, 12:01 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North of Houston, TX
Posts: 1,719
Reply With Quote
April 22nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ID
Posts: 13,200
Congratulations!! I'm glad to hear it was so easy for you!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0