Log In Sign Up

The birth of Michael Alexander :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IN
Posts: 11,221
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Sorry its taken me a week and a half to put this up, but I finally have free hands!! Michael is lovin his sweetpeace swing this morning.

Wednesday April 14th- Me and my two youngest kids went to the beach and I walked for 3hrs with the kids in the double stroller!! I wanted to make it a very busy day since I was totally bummed I was gonna make it to my appt. the next day. (I had originally predicted and I was so positive I was NOT gonna make it to that appt. on the 15th). I took the kids to the park afterwards so I could tire them out even more. Then we went to the grocery store to grab a few items. I tell you I WAS TIRED!! But I wanted to be that way so I can have a sound sleep and not wake up hoping something was about to happen. I got home at around 5pm. I fixed dinner and grabbed a soda and passed out on the bed until about 8pm.
I woke up and put the kids to sleep and watched a movie with bf (well he dozed off) until he had to leave for work at 10:30pm. I finally decided to lay down for the night at around 12am and dozed off for a little bit until I woke up at around 12:30am with some nagging cramps that felt totally diffrent from what I've been experiencing before. I felt the pressure all in my bottom and in my privates. I was like, OMG this is definately a contraction, although mild I definately KNEW this was gonna be it. After about 30 minutes or so with them I called BF at around 1am and told him that something may happen and Im gonna jump in the shower just in case and that I'll call him back and if I didnt then I must of fell back to sleep which means nothing was gonna happen.
I got the contractions in the shower too, so I was pretty darn excited! I called BF to let him know that I was still getting them and we made plans that the kids will go to his mom's and he'll have someone take me to the hospital if they got worse before he got off at 7am. I told him not to worry because they werent painful or anything yet, so I might make it til then. I got on JM to pass some time and use the contraction master online. Contrations were anywhere from 6-9 minutes apart then and about 41 secs long. My dotor did tell me that 10 minutes was close enough for me but I wasnt gonna call just yet.
I decided to try and clean the house a bit and put the baby's things in the right place and I sat all of the things I was gonna bring to the hospital with me on the living rm couch. I got the kids clothing together and just sat and payed attention to how strong the contractions were getting. It was around 5am and the contractions were about 3-6 minutes apart and some lasting for 1 minute So I called BF to let him know. I woke both of my daughters up to get them dressed and made them breakfast. I let my son sleep in a little longer just because he's a big grouch if awaken. I sat and noticed that the contractions were getting more painful. So I called my OB's answering service and the nurse said she'll notify whoevers on call. 5 minutes later doc called back and told me to head to L&D, so I called BF yet again and he said that his sister was on her way so we can drop the kids off and she'll drop me off at his job so we can head straight to the hospital from there. So I woke my son up and got him ready and his sister got here and we put all of my things in the car and the kids and headed to his mom's house. Both of my youngest cried and my oldest reassured them that I was coming back after I had the baby.
We got to BF's job at about 7:30am and his sister wished us luck and off we went and I was praying that I was at least a 5 or 6.
I went up to labor and delivery at about 8am and they sent me to an examining room and hooked me up to an IV and the baby/contraction monitor. I was afraid that I hadnt made any progress since my contrations just seemed to stop or slowed down. The doctor came in and examined me and said, "yep, your a five and you came in at the right time, did you plan on getting an epidural?" I didnt hesitate and I said yes. Just because I knew they had to order it and if I didnt say it now when the contractions got worse I'd be miserable. The doctor told me and Bf that we should have a baby by 12pm. Im like, noway I want this baby within an hr or two. And this was around 8:30 or so.
So off to my labor/recovery room we went and its like as soon as I got in there my contractions lit up!! It was crazy because Im like OH gosh, here are the contrations I remember. I asked for IV meds and they gave me something (so it wasnt really a natural birth) it made me super drowsy and I felt a tad bit better. At about 9am after only about 30 minutes of some mild relief it wore off and I could barely sit let alone lay through a freakin contraction, which is what they wanted me to do!! I was absolutely miserable through those 1 1/2-2min contractions. All the pressure was in my butt and I thought, oh yes Im hitting transition. I begged the nurse for the epidural and the nurse said,
" no, no your moving too fast" and I wanted to strangle her because she was the one who kept coming in telling me to stay on my back because the baby didnt like me being on my side. My doctor came in and checked me at about 9 something and he said,"Your ready let me just break your water". It was soooo painful and I would have preferred it broke on its own, but it allowed me to get some relief and push. Let me tell you, this have got to be one of the most hardest deliveries I've had because pushing him out was NOT a breeze. It was hard! And for some reason I didnt really feel much pressure to push until the doctor helped me by stretching me out. I was crying and tired and saying, OMG he is never gonna come out, his head it too big! They kept telling me, "come on, he's right there" and I so didnt believe him. I whined and was like "He's slipping back in when I stop, nooo!" and the doctor said my bladder was too full. So they were down there doing something to try to get me to pee. I finally did and it was ALOT!! The doctor was like "Okay, with this one he's gonna come out" So I pushed and pushed and was afraid to stop. I stopped to take a breather and the next one I knew I wasnt gonna let go and push until his head was out. Bf, nurses, students and the doctors told me to comeon because his HR was dropping and we HAD to get him out!"
Im thinking OMG my baby my baby, so I pushed with all my might and didnt stop, and I finally was feeling the "ring of fire" and he came out with that last push at 9:56am sunny side up (no wonder it was much harder to push!). I couldnt believe it! He wasnt crying so they suctioned him out and I heard his little lungs work their magic I was so happy and in love when I saw him. He was just PERFECT in every way. I glanced at BF and he was weeping away. And just right then I forgot about all the pain I endured and it was just heaven, until I head to push the darn placenta out, which was harder then I remembered. Then all I felt was blood gushing and spilling out and the doctor just reached in there and pulled clots out! Im like WTH his he DOING? noooo!! It was sooo painful and I felt so violated.
I watched them weigh him and bathe him, and I was so so tired and sore.
I stayed in the hospital for a day because I begged to come home the next day.
They also did another echocardigram on him which came back perfect.

His apgar scores were 9 and 9.
He weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 20.5 inches long. I got a small tear that didnt require a stitch because he said it'll heal on its own.
We decided to name him Michael although I wanted his first to be Alexander, but it made it to the middle. Oh and I didnt make it to my appt. either, my appt. was at 1pm that day! So my orginal prediction was right on!

The first two days home were hectic and full of visitors which overwhelmed me even more. I thought I'd have an emotional breakdown.
Im doing so much better now and enjoy being a mommy of four.

Here are some more pics of his first week home

Just born

first night @ hosp


buckled and ready to go home

first time in bassinet ( only slept in it for 2hrs and has not been it it since, what a waste!)

He'd much rather sleep in this (this is his favriote place other than mommy's arms)

Mmmmm, mommy's milk

Trying out his crib...and he does NOT like it!

this time was a tad better, but he only stayed in for no more then a minute

trying out his bouncy chair

Last edited by niema; April 25th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
April 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 18,948
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
good job momma!! Congrats!
Reply With Quote
April 25th, 2010, 11:55 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 8,110
Awwww, that's so exciting!!! I keep hoping that I'll wake up in the middle of the night with contractions. I don't want to make it to my appt this Wednesday!!!

And I just have to remark again on how beautiful he is!!! His hair just lays so perfectly on his head!

Reply With Quote
April 25th, 2010, 03:04 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IN
Posts: 11,221
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Thanks ladies!
Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2010, 10:59 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ID
Posts: 13,200
Congrats!! Great birth story! You did a great job! He is so precious! He looks like a little angel when he sleeps

Reply With Quote
April 27th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,367
He is gorgeous!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0