Log In Sign Up

Delaney's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2010, 04:32 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 890
ok so i'm a little late on getting this posted

on monday april 5th I had an appt, this time it was with a different doc, she said my bp was better which it wasn't it was still 150/100 and she sent me home. I was very confused about this since she was happy my bp was down. well she called me at home about an hour later and said she flubbed and was looking in my chart at my old bp's instead of in the computer where we just transfered everything over in our new system.

she told me to go to the hospital to be monitored for a while. I got there around 4 and they hooked me up to the monitors, my bp was the same and didn't get better with rest. they did a bunch of labs and I laid there. boring. the dr came in and said that since my bp wasn't going down and that my labs although not bad yet, they were getting worse and so she said she wanted to induce me and I agreed. I was a little nervous since my due date wasn't until april 23rd.

at 9pm they placed the cytotec (sp?) to help me dilate since I was only at 1cm and then around midnight they started the pitocin.I laid around throughout the night, jared came to visit around 1am-3am since he worked until midnight. I got zippo sleep because those beds are horrible and it takes me forever to fall asleep and with people coming in so often it was hopeless. around 8am tuesday morning my dr broke my water and they kept trying to up the pitocin but it wasn't working because delaney's heart rate kept dropping and I was having contraction on top of contraction with no breaks in between. I had horrible back labor at this point and was just about in tears.

the anesthesiologist was so nice and gave me my epidural early, and oh my was that thing heavenly I couldn't feel a thing from my belly to my toes. since delaney's heart rate kept dropping, about every 45 minutes the nurse would run in and put oxygen on me and help me turn to my side until her heart rate would come back up.

at 7pm I was still only at 5cm and I thought I was going to lay there forever, but things started to pick up and I started to dilate quickly my parents came up for awhile and they went out to eat with jared. my blood pressure continued to get worse while I was there and they kept giving me doses of labetolol to keep it from increasing more. unfortunately about an hour before I started to push my epidural wasn't working as well as it was before, I could completely move my legs as if I never had one. really really bad timing, I started to push at 10:10pm I kept pushing for 2 hours when the doctor came in said she may have to use the vaccuum. she gave me another 1/2 hour and then would suck her out, lucky for me she got tied up in another delivery and I got some extra time to make progress, then she and a resident (my favorite one at the hospital) came in and after some more pushes I had her at 1:10 am exactly 3 hours of pushing.

Delaney Rose was 6lbs 11.9 ounces and 20 1/4 inches born april 7th 1:10am. I held her for awhile and then they took her to clean her up and I sat up and ate my well deserved sandwich that I wasn't allowed to have monday night, I ordered it and they took it away because they decided to induce, I hadn't eaten from monday at noon to wednesday 1am I was starving.

I ended up with a 2nd degree tear, my bp got worse for a while, they kept increasing my meds and I went home on friday on labetolol 300mg every 6 hours. I have had weekly rechecks for my bp and it has come down and my meds decreased.
I had wonderful doctors and nurses, they were fantastic, there was one nurse that I didn't care for our personalities didn't go well together it took her way too long to get stuff done and she made jokes that I didn't understand, it made me uncomfortable, but she knew what she was doing in regards to her job so it doesn't really matter

Reply With Quote
May 7th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
Congrats on your baby girl!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
May 7th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,367

Reply With Quote
May 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 18,948
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
That's a long time without food! You did great though, good job mama!
Reply With Quote
May 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 8,110
I'm sorry your BP gave you so much trouble, but I'm glad that your little girl got here safely! Congrats!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0