Log In Sign Up

William Matthew birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 0
Finally got around to writing this....sorry it is long!

William Matthew DOB: 4/23/10
I went in for my 37 week appt and my doctor offered to strip my membranes. I had been having BH contx since about 16 weeks and they became painful around 24wks, and I was getting them about every10 min 24 hours a day since then!!! The last 4 weeks of my pregnancy were excruciating. The baby had been engaged into my pelvis since 33 weeks and I was 1cm dilated at 30 wks and 2cm by 37wks. When the baby dropped at 33 weeks I was in excruciating back pain, I could barely walk by 37wks. I think I had been have pre-labor since about 34 wks and would have episodes of painful contx every 3-10 min for hours each day (especially in the middle of the night) that would lead to nothing.

So that brings me to 4/22/10 10:00 a.m. 37weeks 2 days and membranes are stripped. I was 2cm and 55% effaced. After the stripping I had a little spotting but nothing big. I also had a bunch of pretty painful contx right after but they kind of fizzled out. I went to see my high risk doctor right after my normal doctor’s appt and had my weekly NST…everything looked great. Contx were coming but nothing crazy, I think I was just used to contx at that point so it really did not phase me.
So I go home and drink my first cup of Raspberry Leaf Tea. I think I had about 4 cups that night. Around dinner time, I notice the contx are getting a little more uncomfortable but not bad at all, they are coming about every 8 min or so….but nothing too unusual for me. By about 8:00p.m. I notice that they are not decreasing in intensity, and are now about every 6 min or so, but they are not really increasing in intensity either. By 10:00p.m I call the doctor because they are about every 3-4 min apart (but not really that painful…just different) She tells me to come in, but I say that I am going to wait another hour or so before I do. I wait about 2 hours and finally go into the hospital around midnight. The contx were still about 3-4 min apart but not getting much more intense.
They hook me up to the monitor and I am contracting every 2-3 min. They decide to admit me and two nurses check me and say I am about 3cm and 75% effaced…that I am defiantly in labor and will be having a baby by tomorrow. My husband and I are soooo excited at this point to meet our baby William!!!

Two hours go by and the doctor comes in to check me. She says I am only about a 2-21/2 and that I am probably not in labor, maybe early labor, maybe prelabor and it could go on for days or even a week! And they are going to send me home! I am soooooo ANGRY at this point, because I KNOW I am in labor, I have been having contx this whole pregnancy and these are defiantly different!
We get home around 4:00a.m. I am able to sleep for about 2 hours so when I wake up I think to myself ok I am not in labor….OH MY GOD I am not going to be able to deal with this anymore!!!! I go downstairs in a pissy mood and eat breakfast. After being up for a few min the contx start in again, but they are not bad. I drink another cup of Raspberry Leaf Tea and just relax. By around 9:00 am they are getting a little more intense so I decide to get my breast pump out in hopes of stimulating a little Oxytocin  I pump for about 15 min two times from 9-noon. By lunch time I am feeling like they are way more intense and in my back, I call my husband at work and tell him I think this is it, but not to come home yet. I call my doctor and she tells me to go into L&D my contrx are still about 2-6 min apart, but not regular. I decide to wait a little while because they are really not that bad and I don’t want them to send me home again! By about 1:00 p.m. I call my husband in a panic because the contrax picked up all of a sudden and I had the most excruciating back pain of my life with each contrx at this point, I feel like I might not make it. My husband rushes home from work, he is about 25 min away. He gets home and we head to the hospital. At this point I was in the worst pain of my life 10 out of 10 pain and all in my back, like a knife was ripping through my back with each contx.

I get to the hospital and they admit me, I am 4cm and 85% effaced. I get my epidural and it is like sweet relief!!! I just relax at that point and enjoy my labor! I think it is around 3:00 p.m. when I get my epidural and by about 3:30 I am 5cm dilated. By 7:00 p.m I am 8cm and at 7:30 I call the nurse in because I feel a lot of pain and pressure and feel like I have to push!! I am 10 cm dilated and they say I am ready to push!

I pushed from about 7:30-9:09 when my little William Matthew was born. It really was not that bad. They shut the epidural off when I start to push and it is very painful and probably the most tiring hardest thing I have ever done, but at that point I think the adrenaline takes over. The baby crowning was probably the worst part, when the head was just there and did not go back in at the end of the contrax! It was so wonderful when he finally came out and the pain was over…just like that! William Matthew was born April 23.2010 at 9:09 p.m. and weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 18 ¼ inches long. Apgars were 9 and 9 despite being “in shock” when he was born. My husband was not able to cut the umbilical cord, but got to trim it!

I can honestly say I had the best birth experience I could ever imagine! The best part about it was my cousin who is one of my best friends was able to get there in time, despite my fast labor and the 4 ½ hour drive to get there. She is also a photographer, and captured every moment of my birth with 900 pictures to prove it! So amazing to look at them.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0