Log In Sign Up

Blake's Birth Story <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BFE, Indiana
Posts: 508
I went in at 7 am and was already 4 cm dialated and contracting irregularly on my own. My OB used a teeny little pill called cytotec (vaginal pill) to try and get things going. The pill caused me to go into active labor and i dialated to 6 by 1 pm. I decided to go ahead and get the epi because i was getting pretty uncomfortable. Getting the epi put in hurt a little, but wasn't anything like what i thought that it was going to be. It was worth every bit of discomfort though, because I probably would have ended up passing out from the pain. They started me on pitocin to get my contractions to get stronger/closer together, it didn't take very much to make them every 1-2 minutes. When i dialated to 7 i started feeling some pelvic pressure and pain and by 8 cm i was in a lot of pain and they re-dosed my epi, made me MUCH more comfortable. By 6:30 i was almost completely dialated and starting to feel pressure/pain again. I started pushing at 7 and pushed until 8:15. My contractions were about a minute long and there was only about 15 seconds between, i was in excrutiating pain. I couldn't even tell when i was having a contraction and when i wasn't because the pain was super intense and constant. My baby was completely stuck. We could see his head, and he was almost crowning, but i pushed for 30 minutes with no change in position. My ob said that she could get him out with forceps because she really didn't want to do a c-section because she said that I didn't need one. By this time I had nothing left, I just couldn't push any longer and i knew that that the forceps were my best option. I was screaming by this time and I was just barely hanging onto any sort of control. The pain and pressure was so much that i thought that my hips were going to tear apart. I had to wait about 5 minutes for the epidural lady to come back and dose my epi again so that the forceps wouldn't hurt me so badly. After she re-dosed me I got some of my thought process back and started crying, but i knew that my baby needed to come out. Once the forceps were in I was so astonished by the pain that i felt that I almost fought the feeling and couldn't really push to help my OB until his head was already out. His cord was around his neck twice, and then his shoulders got stuck. I was screaming, but I watched his shoulders and body emerge and when they layed him on my belly I was in love. He was perfect in every way. They took him over to be cleaned up and I was too busy looking at him to notice that I was bleeding pretty massively. My OB delivered the placenta and said that it was weird, very lobular and thick in places. The bleeding only intensified and they pressure bagged a bunch of pitocin into me to help stop the bleeding. My OB had her hand actually in my uterus trying to get it to clamp down, and then the bleeding finally started to slow. After she was satisfied that the bleeding had slowed up enough she started to stitch me up. I have a 2nd degree mediolateral tear in my perineum and two 1st degree tears, one inside right at the vaginal opening, and one in my inner/outer labia. I am very lucky because a lot of forcep births cause 3rd and 4th degree tearing, something that i feel so blessed to have avoided. Blake Douglas George Loveless was born at 8:35 pm on December 8th 2010, weighing in at 8lb 7oz and 21 1/4 inches long. He is definitely worth every ounce of pain i felt, he is perfect <3 I will update again, hopefully tomorrow, with some pictures :-)
Thanks for reading my story!
Blake Douglas George Loveless
Born 12/8/10 @ 8:35pm 8lbs 7oz 21 1/4 in. long

Less than 24 hours old, 3 days old

3 days old, Me and Blake 3 days old
Reply With Quote
December 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,797
WOW, what a story! As a FTM who hasn't delivered yet, I have to say that I am now officially terrified!

But, I'm so glad to hear your precious LO is here safe and sound! Make sure you post some pictures!!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

Reply With Quote
January 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
BranGavandDomsMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 1,406
Send a message via MSN to BranGavandDomsMomma
Glad you and Blake were ok btw I love his name! lol
Expecting baby # 4 January 2nd 2013

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0