Log In Sign Up

Aaron's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 10:36 PM
jennmichelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,361
Aaron Charles’ Birth Story

I had a scheduled C-section that was moved up a few days due to high fluid. This was my first C-section after a very difficult and complicated vaginal delivery with my first son. It was scheduled for 12:30 pm on December 6th. I spend most of the morning very nervous but surprisingly a lot more calm than I had anticipated. We walked into labor and delivery about 15 minutes early. The doctor was sitting at the nurses’ station chatting. Apparently it had been a very slow morning there. Once I was shown to my room, the ball got rolling immediately. I had no time to freak out or even think for a moment. The nurse put the monitors on my stomach. She then drew some blood, put in my IV, put in my catheter and then shaved me. The anesthesiologist came in to talk to me and explain the spinal procedure. Then the doctor came in to explain the surgery to me. And then the surgery nurse came in to talk with me as well. Before I knew it, my nurse gave my husband his scrubs and said, “We will see you in a few minutes.” And they began wheeling me away. I looked up at the clock and it was only noon. I guess they were getting me started early. My husband gave me a kiss and I was wheeled away to the operating room.

The operating room was right next door to where I was. It was very bright and cold in there. I was given the spinal. That was probably the worst part of the entire experience. And really, it wasn’t all that bad. It took three tries to get it in. It hurt more than the epidural, but it wasn’t something I couldn’t handle. As soon as it was administered, I was laid down immediately. Then I had the strangest feeling. They put a warm blanket on me for a moment to help me from shivering. My legs got a very tingling feeling in them and then just went numb. It happened so fast. It felt so odd. The anesthesiologist kept asking me if I was okay. I did get sick shortly after I laid down. He had told me that would probably happen. Apparently the spinal makes your blood pressure drop really low when it kicks in and that causes nausea. It didn’t last long and he gave me some medicine as soon as it started happening. I felt fine within a couple of minutes. They put the curtain over me. They tested my numbness and I couldn’t feel anything. Next thing I know, my husband walks in. And not even 2 or 3 minutes later, I hear the nurse ask my husband for the camera. She also told him to stand up if he would like to see Aaron come out. And there he was! The doctor said, “Here he comes!” and she lifted him over the curtain. He was born at 12:19 pm. He cried and was just so beautiful. My husband then left my side to go be with Aaron. I was so amazed at how fast this all happened. There was very little tugging and pulling. I virtually felt nothing. My husband then brought Aaron to me. The nurse took pictures of us. I was able to hold him with help from my husband. I gave him kisses and just kept telling him how perfect he was. Then they left to do all of his measurements and to check him out. The nurse came back in while I was still in the operating room to tell me that Aaron weighed 9 lbs 5 oz and was 22 ¾ inches long. I knew he would be big, but wow! And he was a week early! The doctor finished sewing me up and I was back in my own room for recovery.

My husband showed back up pretty quickly. Aaron was still in the nursery. His blood suger was low so my husband fed him some formula. I started to panic a little. My first son was taken to the NICU immediately after birth and I was so scared there might be something wrong. My husband left shortly after to check on Aaron. Within a couple minutes he showed up with Aaron. And he was perfect and healthy. Apparently this was common with large babies. He was in our room the entire stay. This was a wonderful experience and the C-section was a success! So far the recovery is a success also!

Reply With Quote
December 15th, 2010, 03:18 PM
mommy_jackie's Avatar Jaide & Jo's Momma
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,775
Congrats! I'm glad it went so smoothly.

Reply With Quote
December 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,038
Congrats! So glad your section went so well!

Mama to three and one on the way.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0