Log In Sign Up

Jaideliz Iyanis Birth Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
mommy_jackie's Avatar Jaide & Jo's Momma
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,775
It took me so long to write this but finally I have time.

Well on Tuesday, december 7th I had to work, I was getting contractions but nothing consistent so I didn't wanna stay home. Eventually the contractions stopped by the time I got back home like they usually do. The next morning, on the 8th, I woke up around 11am I took a shower and laid back down cause I was still pretty tired. At about 1245pm I got the first contraction, which felt different right away since I usually don't feel them that strong laying down. So I waited to see when the next one came. It took about 15 mins but from there on everything started happening quicker. So I decided to get up walk around, eat something, and time them. By 230pm they were between 3-5 minutes apart so I called my Drs office and the OB on call said to go into L&D. So I got the rest of my bag packed, called my mom at work so she can head to the hospital with my brother. I called the babys father and he picked me up. By the time we got to the hospitalit was 440pm. I had to wait in triage for a few minutes before I got called in. They checked me and confirmed I was already 6-7 cm!! So they admitted me and moved me upstairs right away. I got an IV in, they put the monitors on me, and I had the best nurse, she helped me thru out the whole labor to help me breathe and calm down. Someone also came in to talk to me about an epidural but I made it clear I DIDN'T want one. By the time I finally got settled and the nurses stopped asking so many questions it waslike 6pm. My brother and son were also in the room along with my mom and babys father. At 706pm they decided to check me since I was getting the urge to push and pretty much was pushing on my own. The dr happened to have just walked in so she checked me and I was already 10 cm! My brother and my son left the room and the dr broke my water. While I started pushing, the dr and the nurses got ready quickly and I only pushed for 6 minutes and she was out at 712pm!! She was put on my chest right away and her dad cut the umbilical cord. After a few minutes they took her to weigh and measure her. She was 6 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches. She has a head full of dark hairand her older brother is totally in love with her! And what a coincidence, both her and my son were born 10 days before their due date and both weighed 6 lbs 6 oz.

I can't believe her labor was so quick but I'm glad it went smoothly and med free like I had hoped.

Reply With Quote
December 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,038
Congrats! What a great birth!
Mama to three and one on the way.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0