Log In Sign Up

The arrival of Jackson Matthew

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Mouths_of_Babes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,945
I went to bed around 9pm the night of Sunday, December 19th, feeling huge and miserable at 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I was having a few contractions, but nothing major, and was pretty certain I was going to be pregnant the rest of my life
I woke up around 11pm when I was hit with a pretty strong contraction. I stayed awake until another one hit 7 minutes later, and another 7 minutes after that. By this point I'm getting excited and decide I should let DH know, because he had to let work know since he starts his job at 4am working for a TV news station. So DH calls his supervisor and lets him know that things are starting, and of course right after he hangs up I realize I haven't had a contraction in a while So I get up and start bouncing on my birthing ball until I have a few more, and then decide to lay back down and try to sleep between contractions so I can have as much energy as possible in case this was it.
I stayed in bed until about 4am, contractions were still coming about every 6-7 minutes. I got up and got dressed and did my makeup, and DH made me some toast while we waited for Sophia to wake up. She got up around 5:30, and while DH got her ready for daycare, I sat on the couch and watched the news, still in disbelief that I was really in labor.
We left the house around 7am and dropped Sophia off at daycare, and then headed to the hospital. That car ride was miserable. Every contraction felt like it was increased times 10 being stuck in the same sitting position with a tight seatbelt. We finally got to the hospital at 8am, and decided that rather than going to the ER to register, since my midwifes office was now in business hours, we would go straight there. We get inside and while I'm clutching my stomach, the secretary motions us to go straight in and pages a nurse. The nurse casually comes out and sees me and says "Oh, I didn't think your appointment was until tomorrow!" DH chimes in and says "We're not here for an appointment, she's in labor!" She looks at me again and sees the obvious pain on my face, and rushes me into a room to get me hooked up to the monitors while she gets my midwife. So there I sat on the not so comfortable exam table with monitors around my belly, contractions coming harder and harder...for 1 1/2 hours...my midwife finally comes into the room and says "I am so sorry! No one told me you were here!" So she takes the monitors off of me and has me lay back so she can check me. I'm 7cm dilated She calls the nurse in and says "Get a wheelchair, we need to get her upstairs, now!" The nurse goes out and tries to find a wheelchair, but can't find one. So DH runs off and comes back with one about a minute later
As soon as I am in the labor room, I get hooked up to my IV antibiotics and get into the jacuzzi. That was heaven. I stayed in there until about noon, when my midwife had me come out so she could check me again. I was about 8cm now, so she broke my water and I tried rocking in the rocking chair. With my water broken, contractions were coming so much harder and closer together now, I was having to vocalize through them. I stayed rocking and moaning until about 1pm, when I felt some pressure. I got up onto the bed so my midwife could check me, I was about 9 1/2 cm at this point. My mother who is a labor room nurse suggested that I get up and sit on the toilet to open my pelvis up and get that last half a centimeter out of the way. I knew just how much that was going to hurt so I was begging not to, but finally agreed. Let me tell you, does that work. As soon as I had a contraction sitting on the toilet, I felt pressure like I had never felt before and I was pretty sure I was about to deliver my son into the toilet I started screaming "Pressure! Pressure! Pressure! I can't move!" So my DH and midwife yanked me up and ran me back to the bed. As soon as my midwife got gowned up, I gave one solid push and Jack came flying out. He was born at 1:13pm on December 20th, weighing 9 pounds 7 ounces and measuring 21 1/2 inches long with a 14 3/4 inch head! I only had one small tear, so I got 3 stitches while I held onto my new son. He received an 8 and a 9 on his apgar's, so they let him stay with me rather than bringing him straight to the nursery. He nursed right away and fell asleep in my arms while DH and I marveled at him

Reply With Quote
December 31st, 2010, 08:50 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 27,575
Beautiful birth story! Congratulations!!

Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,797
COngrats! What a big boy!!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0