Log In Sign Up

Alexis Mae

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 975
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
Sorry if there are any typos, I typed this up on my laptop a couple days ago and still haven't spell checked it...

Around 9:30 PM, I started having contractions. At first, I thought maybe they were just braxton hicks contractions, or they would just go away shortly like the contractions I had a few days before. Around 11, I determined they weren't going away, so I started to time them. They stayed sporadic for awhile, then finally around 1:30 they seemed to be coming between 3 and 5 minutes apart, and were starting to be very painful. I finished packing my hospital bag, and woke my dad to take me. We left the house around 1:45, and were in the hospital around 2. After a good 15 minutes of the nurse asking me questions (since they were unable to find my hospital records), she finally checked and said I was almost 5 cm dilated. She said she'd be back around 3:15 to check me again, and would call my dr to see if I needed to be admitted at that time. So around 3 she comes back in and checks me again, and tells me that I'm 5 to 6 cm dilated. She calls my dr, then comes in to hook me up to an IV of fluids as well as antibiotics. She told me it would probably take longer to be able to get an epidural (which I really wanted at this point) since I had to have the antibiotics. So I did my best to just breath through contractions, and watch as the bag of fluids slowly went into my veins. At 4:20 or so, I called the nurse back in and told her I felt like I had to poop (mostly because I was a bit out of it and didn't want to explain that I felt a bunch of pressure). She checked and said I was fully dilated and that the only thing keeping Alexis in was the fact that my water hadn't broke yet. She kindly informs me that I won't be able to get an epidural and I think my heart broke a little. In a sad (and very pathetic voice), I asked her if there was anything else I could have. She said I'd be able to have Stadol. Well, there wasn't even enough time for that. In some blur of events (it's all a bit hazzy to me), I told her I needed to push. She opened the door and told the other two nurses that she needed them in my room. So they come in and quickly get stuff situated. They were talking to me and telling me to blow air out of my mouth if I felt like I had to push. It hurt so bad and the urge to push was overwhelming. I kept repeating that I couldn't do this and that I needed to push. I ended up pushing (despite my best efforts not to), and my water broke all over. As soon as that happened, I could feel her head. I told the nurse and said I still needed to push. She told me to just blow out through my mouth faster and keep my legs together. It definitely didn't happen. Eventually I HAD to push and out came her head. On the next push, I screamed (apparently for about 3 seconds) as her right shoulder then rest of her body came out. So at 4:30 AM, my sweet girl was born. She was breathing too fast and her color was a bit off, so they sent her straight to the nursery. I was later told that she was basically "shell shocked" from being born so quickly. Around 11 AM, I was able to hold her for the first time. My sweet tiny little girl. Born 5 lbs 8 oz and 19 1/2 inches long on June 27, 2010.

And a couple pictures from yesterday....

Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,700
What a sweetie!! I am so sure that I'm getting my epidural but your post makes me realize that you never really know how it's going to play out!
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
mommytokem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,360
Thanks for sharing, she's adorable.
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
waterlilly's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 420
Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing!! She is adorable!!
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,629
Lurking from Sept. DDC. She is lovely!!! Bless her lil heart, she didnt know what was going on when she came out so fast!!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0