Log In Sign Up

James Michael

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 971
We were going in at 930pm on 7/7 to be induced. I was so happy! But the second we got back there I got so nervous. The started the potocin at 1030pm and Dh and I slept all night. Woke up at shift change at 7am and they had said i was contracting every 2 min and I still wasn't feeling much. I was checked and was at 3cm. Still not much change. Of course they upped the potocin a little more then I was feeling it. I'm not sure about the actual time but I would guess around 11am I got my first epidural. Now that was what I was scared of. But it worked so I'm not complaining. I still wasn't dilating though. By 6 pm I was a 6. They once again upped the potocin. My dr would come in and check on me and that was what hurt the most! I couldn't stand being checked. I know he was trying to help me but I was in tears. Around 10pm on the 8th I was still a 6cm. My dr said to up the potocin more and give me an hour to see if it changes. If not he would have to do a c-section. I wasn't that worried yet but I was feeling the pain now. My first epidural had worn off and my top off button wasn't cutting it. So I asked for more of the good stuff. Since I still had it in my back he just had to inject it into the iv. As soon as he did I started to have a huge cramp in my upper back now I had already been in tears from the contractions and the dr checking me so i was just going crazy. Now i could still feel the pain and my legs. This one wasn't working! And boy did I let that anistesolgist know. My dh was just standing by me trying to hold my hand but shaking his head he knew this wasn't working. So he finally figured out that with all the moving around they had me doing the catheter had moved out of the posistion to work. So he had to get back there and move it around and then inject does number 3. I was screaming an crying and was ready to say just do the c-section. By 11:30pm on the 8th the dr checked me and said i was a 8 but the baby was still high. He said up the potocin even more and give me just 30 more minutes. The nurse was staying with me now all the time. The new epidural was working. Meaning I cant feel my legs at all but i was starting to feel the contractions. I was crying some and feeling a whole lot of pressure. She checked me and said your a 10! I couldn't believe it. She called my dr and told me whenever I felt a contractionto start pushing. So by midnight on the 9th of July the dr was there and I was pushing. I was absolutely worthless from the waist down though. I had to have dh hold on leg and push my back and the nurse was holding my other leg. I wasn't in pain by this point. I could feel pressure so I knew when to push. The dr was great. He was so calm and just told dh to count when I was pushing but he did massages and was very ready. At 1:08 am on July 9th, 2010 James Michael came into the world. He was so beautiful. He was 6 pounds and 12 ounces and 20 and a half inches long. I remember seeing the reflection in the dr's glasses of him coming out. I remember looking up at Brett and seeing him smiling so big with a few tears in his eyes. Brett cut the cord and they put Jamie on me. I was in love. He was perfect. I couldn't believe how easy it seemed. They took him and cleaned him and daddy took pictures. He was perfect. They had to suck some fluid out but he got an 8 on the apgar test. They gave him back to me and we got him for an hour or so before they took him to the nursery and me to the floor upstairs called mom and baby unit. I was so tired bu I didn't care. This beautiful little boy was all mine. He latched on right way also. Brett was over the moon with love also. It's just something that is incredible and wonderful. My mom and his father were there and came in to see him. My two aunts also stayed to see him. It was a great day. And to top it off I recovered very quickly. I didn't tear or need any medicine afterwards. I was so tired but was doing great. I was the proud mom to James Michael.
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
sportyboymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,233
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 202
Congrats! I know you're proud!
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,629
Aww Congrats!!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0