Log In Sign Up


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
tatedivine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,490
I had my baby on the 30th of June at 7:48pm. She weighs 8lb 1 oz, the biggest of my children.

I arrived at the birthing and assessment suite at 3pm and waited for hours before someone came in to give me and internal and my first lot of gels. I was a little bit dilated but my cervix was still really high. I woke at about 4:30 am with mild contractions, mainly in my back. They were coming at about 5 min intervals, but when I was checked again at about 6:30 am there had been little change, so I was given a second set of gels and depending on how I went with them, my waters would be broken at 1 pm. Well, they worked a treat because I got some awesome contractions, sucks that they were mainly in my back and around my pelvis, OW! When I was checked again I was about 2cm, but my cervix was in a very tricky position so it took ages to break my waters, but it was done.

That brought with it lots of good strong contractions, I was having them every minute, it was crazy and my back and pelvis were killing me. I don't know how long that went on for before I asked for some gas, and that worked for a while. The doctors came to check on me again and I was only 4 cm. I couldn;t believe it, this was going to take forever, so I had some pethidine, that did absolutely nothing. Then I had the urge to push, and it was way too soon. I managed to breathe through it for a while, but because it was happening every minute I just couldn't keep it up so I bit the bullet and asked for an epidural, those thing scare me. But it did the trick, the pushing sensation went away. A little while after that Willow started getting stressed, her heart rate was dropping. The doctors came in and did another check and I was about 9 cm but her heart rate was dropping fast. After waiting a few minutes and watching the monitor they did another check and decided enough was enough.

I was prepped for surgery and was told that if, by the time we got down to the OR I was not dilated enough I would be having a c section. I was so scared and upset, but I just wanted her to be safe. My SO, Chad was also rather upset. So once my epidural had been topped up a bit we headed down there. When we got into the OR there was about 12 people buzzing around, I got out on the bed and my epidural kept being topped up until I couldn't move my legs or feel anything. I don't really know what happened next, I was so tired I kept closing my eyes and trying to think happy thoughts. Then my midwife told me that I was having a contraction and to push, after about 4 big pushes, apparently, I couldn't even tell if I was pushing enough or the right way, her head was out, and not long after her body was too.

Because she was posterior they had to turn her with the forceps as she came out. They put her on my belly but I couldn't see her because I was tilted back on the bed, but she wasn't crying. I don't even think she was breathing. They had to suction her and resus her, and eventually she started crying. I got to say a quick hello while I was stitched up and then she was taken to the neo natal unit.

I finally got to meet her properly today. She is cute and a big chubber, especially compared to all the little tiny babies in there. She was in a humidy crib to keep her warm, but she came out of that today and is having a little bit of trouble keeping her temp stable. She was having trouble with her blood sugars, so was on a drip, but those levels are looking good now, so that took that off a little while ago and she is on antibiotics. She may be off them in another 2 to 4 days, we will see. She is breast feeding like a little champ and I am just so happy she is ok. I can't wait to take her home. I hope they let me stay at the hospital with her as I am feeding on demand with her.
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Arianna's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,353
Wow, what a day! Glad baby is doing alright and hopefully she continues to stabilize!
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
waterlilly's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 420
Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,629
ive been lurking from Sept. DDC My time is getting close so I got curious and started reading birth storys. Seems like u had quite a time. Congrats!!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0