Log In Sign Up

Introducing Wyatt Allen Antes-Birth Story-better late then Never

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,810
Here is our birth story...I finally got around to typing it up...I am sure I forgot a bit but oh well..I hit all the highlights

Wyatt Allen Antes Birth Story: June 18th, 2010

On June 16th I started to really pay attention to what I thought might be contractions and time them out, and they were about 10 minutes apart from one another when I timed things out for an hour in the evening but then spaced out and there was no pain that went with them for the most part. On the 17th we learned that Wyatt’s cousin was on his way and after not feeling very good all day and having a lot of watery discharge I started to time out contractions again. This time we were at 7-8 min apart that evening. I decided to wake up an hour before usual Friday morning and time out what the contractions were like before getting ready to go to work. At this point I was timing them out at 4-5 min apart for the most part but still not very intense. I called the hospital to see if they wanted me to come in and get checked out and they said yes, so instead of a trip into work, we made a trip to Labor and Delivery at United. Once we arrived and were checked in they got me all hooked up to the monitors and did an internal check to see how I was progressing. I was about 5cm dilated, and the contractions had become inconsistent, so they had us go walk around for 45 minutes and then come back. Once back, they hooked me up to the monitors again and I thought the contractions had all but stopped. The nurse came in and was all ready to send me home, but when she did my internal check she was very surprised. I was dilated a bit further and thinned out almost all of the way (80-90%), and the next second later I felt a nice warm bath on my rear end. While doing my internal check she broke my water! That sealed the deal and we were staying at the hospital. We were sent to walk again for about 30 min and when we came back Jason had a class online to do and I watched The Princess Bride as the contractions got stronger and closer together. After the movie and Jason’s class, I sat on the birth ball for a bit until I left a puddle of amniotic fluid on the floor that is. Labor was progressing well and everyone anticipated that our little guy would be here soon. I had some crazy intense contractions, and opted to get an epidural put in…which was a lifesaver at that point as I was whimpering like a puppy dog. After the epidural my contractions kind of started to peter out so they gave me some pitocin to try to kick start them again. I started pushing at about 6pm and pushed for over 3 hours before it was determined that baby Antes was turned sideways and did not plan on turning the right way anytime soon if at all. It was about then that the Dr. came in and we opted to go the route of a C-section. I was exhausted and couldn’t push any longer. Once we made the decision to go C, I was given more medication in the epidural and we waited for the on call surgeon to arrive. Once she arrived we went to the operating room and Wyatt Allen Antes was born at 10:09pm, weighing in at 10 lbs 4.6oz, 21 inches long, and a 14 inch head. Jason went with Wyatt to the nursery and I went to recovery. Once I got to my room Jason came in to tell me how Wyatt was doing. Once he got to the nursery they checked his blood sugars and they were low, so he was fed and after some time they checked it again. At that point it was still low and they informed Jason that if a 3rd blood sugar was low that he would have to go to the NICU. Jason went back to by with Wyatt and I rested in my room with my morphine drip (so I don’t have a whole lot of memory of the in between time). At 2am they brought Wyatt into our room and I got to hold my beautiful big boy!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0