Log In Sign Up

Lily Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,273
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Over the weekend I had alot of contraction that would become regular and then fade off. They kept getting stronger as the weekend progressed but they would fade off and they werent regular so I didnt want to go to labor and delivery. On Monday morning I woke up at 3am to pee and noticed I was having light contractions which was strange because I had never had contractions in the middle of the night, it was always during the day. I was also very nauseas. I went back to bed and then woke up again around 7:30am with the boys. I went to the bathroom and noticed pink blood streaks and mucus coming out when I wiped so I knew something was going to happen soon! At 8am my contractions started and progressively got worse from 8am-11am. They were between 6-10 minutes apart and were very strong. Finally I called Billy around 11am and asked him to come home. He came home around 12:30pm and by then my contractions were lighter and seemed to be fading off but I was fed up and wanted to go to labor and delivery anyway since he was already home and I was tired of these contractions. Shelbi (little sister) came over to take care of the boys and we left.

We got to labor and delivery around 1pm and they hooked me up to the monitors. They checked me and I was only 4cm, and I had been 3cm the week before so not much progress. They asked me if I was a first time mom, which made me think I was definitely going to get sent home because they didnt think I was really in labor. But they monitered me anyway. The contractions were about 10 minutes apart but over the next couple hours became closer and closer to around 5 or 6 minutes. The doctor was in surgery so we had no idea if we were going to be sent home or not but we were hopeful because my contractions were so consistent. The nurse checked me after 3 hours and I had made no change and she told me that if I wasnt progressing the doctor would send me home. She said the doctor ordered fluids to see if I am just dehydrated and in false labor. It seemed like they really wanted me to NOT be in labor! So they gave me the fluids and my contractions stopped completely. But slowly they started coming back over the next couple hours until they were 5-6 minutes apart again. I thought for sure that since my labor had stopped completely that it must mean it was just false labor because real labor doesnt just go away and then come back, right? So I asked the nurse about it and she said that if it were real labor, the fluids would stop it and then it would return and that since mine returned that the doctor wanted to come in and see me. By this time it was 6pm and we were just convinced we must be going home because even though I was having contractions I hadnt made any progress.

At 7pm the doctor finally showed up. By that time we were bored, tired, hungry and just ready to be sent home. We were so tired of waiting just to find out if we were staying or not that we didnt even care anymore. The doctor checked me immediately and then without a word he just broke my water, right then and there! I had no idea he was going to do that, and it was very very painful. But when he was done I was so happy that I was going to have a baby that I didnt even get mad that he didnt even warn me. After he broke my water he left without a word and the nurse told me to keep pushing to get all the water out. There was so much water it ran off the bed and went EVERYWHERE. No wonder I thought I was going to have a big baby, I was so full of water even the nurse couldnt believe it. By the time I got all of the water out my tummy was all deflated and felt weird. I told the nurse I had to pee and she said well just pee right here on the bed, I have to clean up all this water anyway and your not allowed to get up because the baby is too high right now. So ackwardly I peed the bed lol. She got me all cleaned up and freshened and then immediately started me on pitocin. She said I was then 5cm dialated and then left. Me and Billy then had to get over the shock that YES we were staying and we were going to have a baby!!! Then he decided to leave and go get something to eat and get our stuff out of the car. While he was gone, around 7:45pm another nurse came in and checked my pitocin and asked if I wanted my epidural now and I said yes. I told Billy when he came back that I felt guilty getting the epidural because my contractions were manageable and I felt like I didnt deserve the epidural yet. But I figured I better get it when they offer or I might not get it at all or too late. The pit was working very fast and my contractions were getting more and more painful. The anestisiologist showed up at about 8:00 and gave me my epidural and it was alot more painful than I remember it being before but just thought it was because my contractions werent super painful yet. They then said I was still 5cm.
Then things started moving super fast. Each contraction was worse than the last and my epidural was not working where I needed it to work. My legs were numbish, not fully but were tingly but that was it, everything else was the same. They squirted me with cold water and asked if I could feel it and the only place I couldnt feel it was the top of my legs. They said give it some time and it would work but unfortunately I was going so fast that by the time they realized that it really did NOT work it was too late to do anything about it. Around 9pm my contractions were unbearable and I was screaming and crying and just couldnt control myself. It was so painful I couldnt do anything but tense up. They checked me and I was already 8cm! I went from 5-8 in just 1 hour! Each contraction was harder and faster than the last and I was freaking out, so the nurse checked me at about 9:10 and said I was still an 8 and then helped stretch me the rest of the way which was EXCRUTIATING. Then I had to start pushing because the baby was so high up they couldnt get her to drop down and they wanted me to start. I could barely even concentrate on anything and could only tense up and I remember thinking I have no idea how I am going to push through all of this pain! I didnt feel the urge to push or anything, I just felt such severe pain and I couldnt make my body do anything. Somehow I did it and I dont even know how I did, but I pushed and I pushed and I felt sick to my stomach the whole time. She dropped down and was ready to be born so finally the doctor came in and had me push a few more times and then pulled her out at 9:26pm. I did not have to get ANY stitches!

They laid her on my tummy but I couldnt see her face. I could only see her little hand waving around and she was not crying. I didnt think much of it at first but after a minute I started getting worried because she still wasnt crying! All I could think of was how tiny her hand was. They were rubbing her and sucking her out and trying everything. They took her straight to the table instead of letting me hold her and I thought that was strange, and I had no idea what was going on. Later Billy told me she was purple and they were giving her oxygen. Apparantely she was born so fast that she had alot of fluid left in her and she was full of mucous that she couldnt get out. Which she ended up throwing all up over the next couple days. When they brought her to the warmer I was finally able to see her, and she looked exactly like Evan did when he was born. I could have swore she was Evan but with darker hair. They were cleaning me up and I still hadnt got to hold her or touch her yet. It seemed to take forever for them to get me all clean and her all done. It was at least 10pm before I finally got to hold my baby girl. She is so perfect, and such an amazing baby!

Lily Elizabeth Wolfe
5lbs 13oz 19 1/4 inches long

Just had to add:
I was 5lbs 13oz 17in
My brother (the only full sibling I have) was 5lbs 13oz 18in
Evan was 5lbs 13oz 19in
Lily was 5lbs 13oz 19 1/4in

How crazy is that!?

My little oddball was Eli who was 6lbs 4oz

Last edited by Crystal713; January 20th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
January 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 900
Fantastic story! Not sure how I would feel about the doc breaking my water without telling me, but at least you got your baby. Congrats.

Reply With Quote
January 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,285
What is up with that doctor? He sounds like the man that delivered my first son. Glad they didn't send you home and you have your baby with you now.

Reply With Quote
January 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 2,058
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Glad she is here safe and sound. She is beautiful.
Not crazy about that doctor though.
Heather, Mom to: Devon 17, Trevor 12, Bobby 10, Ryan 9, Breanna 8, Oliver 2
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
Reply With Quote
January 22nd, 2011, 07:53 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,484
Wow! It sounds like quite a birth story! I am glad that everything worked out in the end even though it was not how you hoped it might be. She is adorable! How crazy about your birth stats! That is amazing!

Reply With Quote
January 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,273
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Yes the doctor is a jerk! By the time I realized I really didnt like him it was too late to switch. We only have 4 doctors in this town and only 2 take my insurance. He delivered my ds2 and I didnt really have any problems with him. Dont know what happened in the last 2 years but he definitely didnt act the same as he did with my other child!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0