Log In Sign Up

Baby Zack 2/7/11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 8,477
This is pretty long since it is so fresh in my mind and because I was very aware the whole time.

I woke up Monday morning. I thought it was just DH and my little sister getting ready for the day that woke me up. I needed to go to the bathroom so I got up, peed, and tried to go back to sleep. I was feeling a lot of pressure and it felt different this time. I was laying there trying to decided if I should stop DH and tell him to stay home or not. I got up and walk into the kitchen. He was getting his jacket on about to leave. That is when I felt the water running down my legs. I told him that my water broke. My 11 year old got excited because he knew that he wouldn't have to go to school and would stay home with my sister (she was staying with us just incase I went into labor at night so so she could watch the kids). I made it back to my room, grabbed a towel and the water started to gush out. I started to freak because I noticed that it was brown in color. I threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth and we were off to the hospital. It was 7:15 when I got out of bed the first time.

Thankfully we live very close to the hospital, but of course we hit every red light on the way. Contractions were coming very fast.

Finally we make it to the hospital around 7:30. We went through emergency room. I didn't know that the registration was closed in the emergency room at that time. The lady at the desk quickly called for someone from registration to come and called up to L&D. I told her that I would walk up there because it hurt to sit. The lady from registration took forever to get there with her portable cart to register me. Then she was trying to make small talk and it just felt like she was in no hurry while verifying all my info. Then she said that she needed to get my tags. On her way she asked if it was my first. I told her that it was my 4th. That is when the lady at the desk started to panic slightly. She told her that she needed to hurry. The registration lady told her that she was working as fast as possible, then she came back with the someone else's stickers. The lady at the desk asked again if I wanted a wheel chair. I told her yes this time because I didn't think I could walk anymore either. The L&D nurse was able to beat the registration lady to me. I actually used my arms to slightly hover over the seat.

I made it to the room around 7:50. Got my gown on and got into the bed around 8. Contractions were on top of each other. The nurse finally managed to check me. I didn't give her an opportunity for awhile. I was at 7cm. They called my doctor and he said that he was on his way to the office and will be there in 10 minutes and to call back if they needed him to go straight to the hospital. I hear my nurse say that they might need him to do that. About that time I lost control completely. I am not a poster child for NCB. My mom raised the side of my bed because she was afraid I was going to roll out of it. The nurse came over to me and apologized saying that it didn't look like I was going to have a break in contractions and asked if she could start my hep lock. I meanly told her "NO, NO YOU CAN NOT" She bit her lip and apologized again and said she had to. Thankfully she got it in fast. Then she said that she really needed to check me. I told her that she better be fast. I only had a lip.

I thought about my hypnobabies at this point. I tried to turn off my light switch, but the pain intensified more it seemed. I tried to go to my safe place, but I ended up in the bed still. This is when I started to scream. I screamed like I have never screamed before. There were 3 nurses standing off to my side. They all looked scared themselves. I hear one of them say that there was another doctor sitting at the nurses station and she would get her. She came back saying that my doctor will be up in a couple minutes. I looked at her and said that he better be making it in a few seconds because the baby was coming. I was still on my side holding on to the rail for dear life with my legs clutched together. My mom said something about how it wasn't right this second and tried to spread my legs to check. I snapped at her not to do that. I saw my nurse bit her lip again. She had no idea what to do. I started to scream louder this time. Except this time I started to scream about how I could do it and how I was going to die. At this time my doctor walked in. He was all smiles and asked if I was ready to have a baby. I very meanly said "NO, NO I AM NOT" He lost the smile and flew to his seat. He told me to get on my back. I told him no. He said to stay how I was and spread my legs. I told him no again. He said, "Okay, you are going to be in pain forever then" . I tried to spread my legs, but they would not budge. I told him again that I couldn't and I couldn't get to my back. It took all the nurses and my husband and mom to get me there. My legs were put in stirrups and with the next contraction (remember they were on top of each other) the head was out. I saw a look of panic in my DH and mom's face and they ran to get the cameras. Another contraction the rest of the baby was out. OH MY! Instant relief. That was all I could think about. How it was over and how I survived. Then I heard my mom say that it was a boy!! The nurses immediately took the baby to suction out the mecomium. The doctor showed us the cord and said that there was a true knot in it. He said that if it was my fist baby or a longish labor the baby would have more than likely went into distress and it would have ended in a c-section . Baby Zack was born at 8:21...just over an hour long labor. He was 7lb12oz and 20 inches. Quite a bit smaller than I was thinking. I ended up living and didn't even need a stitch.

I was wanting a NCB. Good thing because there ended up being no other option. I do not feel like I handled it well. I don't see how women can remain so calm during a NCB. Like having a water birth. I would have drowned if I tried that. There was no way I could have walked during that either. The bed is where I was stuck.

After he was born I felt great. I am getting around pretty good at 2 days PP. Much better than with any of my other births. Baby Zack is so alert too and eating like a champ.
Mom to Issac (8/22/99), Carly (8/10/06), and Zack (2/7/11)
Surromom/Aunt to Luke (1/21/09)

Last edited by ~April~; February 9th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
February 9th, 2011, 02:39 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 7,949
ahahaha i LOVE this story!!!

i told my DH that i am NOT a great NCB either... for me it was my choice and i much PREFER NCB becuz of the way i feel after.. and i KNOW its over quickly.. like you said.. as soon as the baby is out its instant relief.. BUT i am NOT one of those woman who can silently go through a contraction with a look of concentration on her face... I LIKE to moan and groan.. and yell things like "OW OW OW"... or cheering myself on like "I CAN do this i CAN do this"

i complain and talk my way through the whole thing.. its pretty pitiful.. and whenever my DH talks about my labors he always starts laughing about it... he is not one of those loving husbands who hates to see his wife in pain.. Ha Ha...

Your labor was AMAZINGLY fast! i really wonder how fast i would have gone had Zeke not been in that weird position.. Oh and i told them no for putting in my IV... i actually refused it all together and told them they could give me a shot for the pit that i would need after for making me contract..

~Em, Married to Matt since 7/3/04. Mommy to Layla 3/29/06, Eva 10/18/08, Zeke 2/4/11, and Jonah 7/28/13

Reply With Quote
February 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,056
Oh my, you described exactly how I was with Christian's birth! Chris said he could hear me screaming down the hallway. I am not the poster child for NCB, but my epi did not work and my labor was fast - 3 hours, not nearly as fast as yours though!

Reply With Quote
March 16th, 2011, 10:27 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,484
Too funny! Baby Zack and I share a birthday!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0