Log In Sign Up

Easton Richard

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 397
Sorry this has taken so long to post. It's been a bit of a crazy time adjusting to life with a newborn!!

I went to my 40 week appointment on February 2nd in the afternoon. Took my blood pressure 160/100 (at 39 weeks it was 130/70). Doctor comes in and quickly checks baby's hb and measures me and does a cervical check. Works really hard to make me 2cm dilated and sweep my membranes. Then sits down to talk about possible inductions. He really didn't want to induce me because my cervix was still posterior and baby's head was still at a -3 station and he didn't feel like my body was ready. That being said, he sent me to L & D for a non-stress test, blood tests to check for Pre-Eclampsia and to see if my blood pressure went down while I was there.

Got to L & D, hooked me up to the monitors and baby did great on the non-stress test. My blood pressure however never went down enough. My doctor came in about 6:30PM and told me they were going to have to induce me. He put in cervadil and left saying he would come check on me in the morning. He also had a conference to go to from that next morning (Thursday) until Sunday so the on call doctor would have to deliver my baby. He really felt like the induction was going to take a long time since my body was not looking like it wanted to go into labor and he said to hopefully look into having a baby the following evening. He was also nice enough to allow me to eat dinner that night because he felt like the induction would take a while. I was very thankful for that the farther we got into the process!!!

By about 2:00AM I was having some decent contractions. Enough that I couldn't lay down through them. They weren't super intense but they were coming every 2 minutes. I asked the nurse to check me and I was still exactly the same as I was at the doctor's office! She felt like I was fighting the contractions instead of letting them do their job. After taking a shower and sitting on the exercise ball I opted for a shot of nemerapham (not sure how to spell it) to take the edge off. After the shot I was able to sleep for a few hours. I woke up about 4:30AM and rolled over and felt something dripping out of me. I called the nurse and told her I thought my water broke but I couldn't tell for sure because it wasn't a huge gush. She came in a checked with the paper and said that it was my water. She checked me and I was now a 4! By about 4:45AM my contractions were intense and STILL 2 minutes apart. The baby's hb was starting to drop a bit so they pulled the cervadil out because the contractions were getting too intense to quickly for him. I was also begging for an epidural by this point.

At 5:45AM the anestiseoligist finally made it to the hospital and they gave me my epidural. I was feeling MUCH better after that. My doctor came in and checked me and I was a 6. I went back to sleep for a few hours and the on call doctor came in about 8ish and checked me. Before she checked me she told me that she felt like it would still be a while because epidurals tend to slow labor down, well I was a 9 and only a lip left. They left me alone for another hour or so and I was a 10! We were all really excited because I hadn't had to have pitocin my body just needed a little push, or so we thought. Baby's head was still high, so they told me to labor down and basically sit and wait and let the contractions do the work. By 11:30AM baby was at a +1 station so they let me start pushing. I pushed for 2 hours and baby was only at a +2, and my contractions had basically stopped. The doctor came in and told me we would have to start pitocin. She also said baby was facing towards my right thigh but she thought I would still be able to get him out. I went back to sleep while waiting for the pitocin to kick in. At about 2:45PM the contractions were awful, I had laid off the little epidural button and was feeling a lot. I was also having excruciating pain in my right rib cage where his butt was!! I pushed for another 2 hours with nurses pushing on my perenium the entire time and the last hour or so the doctor was in there trying to get me to push better so he would come down more and they could try the vaccum to get him out. As a side note, I did not like the on call doctor, she kept coming in during the second round of pushing and telling me I wasn't pushing right or hard enough, and I just wanted to say, well I haven't eaten in almost 24 hours, my contractions have been 2 minutes apart for almost 24 hours and I am going on 4 hours of pushing, how effective can I be??

Finally I begged for the C-Section. It is not what I wanted, but I knew in my heart that my baby wasn't getting out any other way. After that things went pretty quickly, I had Easton Richard at 5:51PM on February 3rd, he weighed 8lbs 6oz and was 20.5 inches long. He was crooked in the birth canal and his poor head was completely lopsided and bruised from being shoved into my pelvic bone for 4 hours of pushing. He also had broked blood vessels on his forehead and in his eyes from the pushing. But, we were both safe and healthy and that was the most important thing. I lost quite a bit of blood during the C-Section so I was pretty weak for the next few days. We are adjusting pretty well to life with a newborn even though we had some early trouble with breastfeeding and are having to supplement some. We are so in love and feel so blessed that this little guy has come into our lives...


Reply With Quote
February 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM
moonmama03's Avatar Reese Gabriel due 5/15/11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockford,Il
Posts: 988
Im a lurker, but just had to tell you I think Easton is soooo handsome! I love his hair. Congrats mama!

Reply With Quote
February 14th, 2011, 01:31 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,327
I'm sorry your little one was stuck for so long. The c/s in the end was probably the best. So many are scared of the option....but sounds like you "knew" it was the right thing to do. And...he made it here safe and sound, which is all that matters in the end. Great job! He's adorable.

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

Reply With Quote
February 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 397
Thanks so much, we think he is handsome too!! Even when he keeps me up screaming and nursing from 1AM-7AM!!

Reply With Quote
February 17th, 2011, 05:47 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,318
He is such a cutie! Congrats momma
Reply With Quote
February 17th, 2011, 08:42 AM
AmieK623's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,321
He is adorable! Congrats!
Amie & Eric ~ Emily, 8 and Katelyn, 4

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0