Log In Sign Up

Wyatt Graison's Birth Story 03.04.2011

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,719
I would say my pre-labor started on the 2nd around 4pm that afternoon. I started have contractions that would start in my hips and peak with cramping and a lot of downward pressure. When I timed them that night they were 5 minutes apart and seemed to be getting more intense.

I woke up on the 3rd still having the downward pressure contractions but they were at the same intensity I went to sleep with. I slept horribly, so I felt and looked like death when I went to my OB appt that morning at 10:45. At my appt he checked me and said I was a good 1.5cm and seemed optimistic when he told me things felt a lot different, that I was a lot more loose and soft. I asked him to strip my membranes so he did and said he was able to do a good sweep.

After I left my appt I went for a walk and when I got back to the house my contractions had increased in intensity. By 4 or so after feeding my horse and installing Wyatt's car seat I started to have painful contractions every 5 minutes. I hid it from my family until we were eating supper and I had to stop eating during the contractions so they caught on. After we ate I went for a mile walk that every 5 minutes would lead to me walking very slowly and funny. . I went back to the house and took a shower where I shaved and got all clean. I then did my hair up in a tight twist and made sure I had everything I needed in my hospital bags.

I settled down on the couch and started talking to some of you fine ladies from the board while timing my contractions. They were 5 minutes apart, lasting 60 seconds. They became more and more intense as time went on. To get through them I would start the contraction timer then turn my head to one side and try to breath in and out very quietly. (My husband was 2 hours away) By 8 I sent DH a text telling him he needed to make sure he checked that his bags had everything he would need. By 9 the contractions were more intense and were just under 5 minutes apart. I went to the barn and put my horse out and came back inside and called the hospital. I described what was going on and the nurse seemed iffy if I should come in, but finally said to go in and they would hook me up and at least see where I was at.

As soon as I sat down in the car my contractions almost doubled in intensity and were 3 minutes apart. I couldn't hold still during them and I was grabbing on to things around me and squirming around to try to escape the pressure. When I got to the hospital I told my mom there was no need for her to drop me off at the ER, we could just park and walk. I got out of the car and hugged to door through on contraction, then walked no more then 50 feet to the ER desk where I hugged the countertop to make it through another contraction. They brought me a wheel chair and I was taken to L & D. They gave me a gown and I walked into the bathroom and about hit the floor when I had another contraction while trying to change my clothes. I finally got them changed and I climbed into the bed and was hooked up to the computer. I was having off the chart contractions every 2-3 minutes. She checked me and said I was a good 2cm dialated but the bag of water was still firm. After an hour of contractions that continued to get more and more intense and off the charts to measure, I started to panic and cry and agreed to pain meds. I felt so bad agreeing to an epi after I had promised myself I wouldn't but the nurses assured me that labor usually isn't this intense this soon. In less then an hour I was a good 4cm dialated and the bag of waters was bulging. Needless to say I was admitted.

They called for an epi and were going to give me some other drugs until then. The gal trying to put my IV in was trying to catch me between contractions and was having a hard time. She ended up just telling me to try to hold still and got a vein while I was contracting and then BLEW the vein. I was sooooo mad. So she tried again and got another one and they pushed some meds. The meds took the edge off the next three contractions and then suddenly they grew more intense. There was no wave, it was WAM peak pain and it stayed that way for a full minute. It was aweful.

The epi finally arrived and once again then tried to catch me between contractions but I ended up getting it done during one. It was aweful. I was crying and begging for the pain to stop. My poor mom about passed out because she couldn't stand seeing me in so much pain. They got the epi in and man did I feel better. I could still feel the contractions, but only the pressure, not the pain. I couldn't sleep because of all the activity but I just zoned out.

3 hours in they checked me again and I was 6 cm dialated and she said my water was about to break DH was still 40 minutes out. She wanted to pop my water and I told her no. In fact when she put my folley in, I think she planned to try to pop it without me knowing but I warned her not to. I told her and the doctor that if it burst on its own, that was fine but otherwise we were waiting for my husband!

Bryan got there and they checked me again and I was at 8cm dialated. The doctor raised the table like 4-5 feet up in the air, exposed me to the world and popped my water. He reached in and felt the baby and told me that Wyatt was head down but facing up. I told him he had been like that most of my pregnancy. We spend the next few hours rolling me from one side to the other trying to get Wyatt to flip. Once I was fully dialated he was still face up and the doctor hoped we could cork screw him as I pushed.

I pushed through 3 contractions when suddenly they were rushing around putting oxygen masks on me and rolling me to my side. I had no idea what was going on. After a few minutes the doctor told me that pushing was causing Wyatts heart rate to almost cut in half and it was not returning to normal after the contractions were over. He told me that he was calling in the c/s team to put them on stand by because if it happens again then I will need an emergency c-section. I was in shock and so upset. I started to freak out and cry until I remembered that Wyatts stats were bad and I needed to be strong for him. So I pretty much let myself zone out.

About 15 minutes later after they had the team set up they told me to push again... 2 pushes in and suddenly every one started to rush and I was wheeled to the OR. As they wheeled me out of the room I could hear my mom crying. They up'ed my epi to the point that I couldn't move my arms and even had a hard time moving my neck. It was so scary. I kept asking for Bryan and he finally got there all dressed in gowns just as they started. He held my hand and kissed on me until a few minutes went by and we heard his cry. It was amazing. He has such a sweet angelic voice. Because he had already passed the meconium inside me, they didn't let me see him before they started cleaning him. I was so upset. I could hardly talk but I managed to studder out that I wanted to see him over and over. He stopped crying and I really started to freak out and I kept asking if he was ok and no one would answer me. Bryan later told me I was talking in barely a whisper and I wasn't making any since. Finally they moved out of the way and I was able to see them cleaning him. Bryan joined them and got to touch him while they got him all cleaned up. Then they gave Wyatt to him and told him to bring him to me and let me kiss his face. Bryan put Wyatt beside me and we got to look at each other and I kissed him. Then... I went into a full out panic attack. My throat suddenly closed on me and I was fighting for every huff of air I could get. It was aweful and so scary.

Once they got me calmed down they told me they were going to take Wyatt and I to my room. I kept asking them if Wyatt was going to be there the same time as me and just wanted reassured about 10 times that he was going to be there with me. Once in my room Bryan held Wyatt and stayed with me while I recovered. They wouldn't even let my mother in the room for the first 30 minutes. I hated it. I couldn't move, it was aweful. It wasn't until he was about an hour and a half old that I finally got to hold him for the first time. I even breastfed him, it went soooo well. The lactation consultant told us we were both naturals.

I LOVE breastfeeding and doing skin to skin time. My hormones go so crazy euphroic that I feel drugged and can hardly keep my eyes open. I love it. I love taking naps with him in my gown and just feeling his skin!

Anyways the C/S did a number on me. We had a hard time getting a handle on my pain. I maxed out on morphine and ended up on stronger stuff for a while before they finally got it manageable. Then the IL's came yesterday and we lost the handle on my pain again. My MIL shoo'd everyone out just before I had another panic attack because of the pain getting so bad again. Mind you I hadn't slept in two days either by this point. Last night I finally got some sleep and I'm feeling so much better today. I even put on normal clothes. I feel almost human again. I even changed my first Wyatt diaper today

Anyways Wyatt is amazing. He has the most angelic voice and makes the cutest noises. He loves to talk with coo's, chirps and short screams. He's not a big cryer, which I enjoy. He is sooo strong. He can lift his head up, which is so crazy. The doctor said he seems more like a 2 month old baby. She can grab his arms and he'll flex to where his fists are at his chin and she'll lift him into a sitting position and then lay him back down and his head never falls. He is also very alert. He loves looking around and loves people. The nurses tell me all the time that he is their favorite because he doesn't cry/scream and is so pleasant to be around. Not to mention he is soooo cute! He has beautiful blue eyes (that I hope turn green), a button nose and the cutest round head. He loves making different facial expressions. I AM SO IN LOVE!

Anyways here's my son. Wyatt Graison, born March 4, 2011 at 6:20 am. 8 pounds 6 ounces, 20.5 inches long.

Reply With Quote
March 6th, 2011, 07:21 PM
stevie_momto5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,168
popping in from the MAY DDC
wow..great story..i felt like i was there and was on the edge of my seat..lol.. CONGRATS..he's beautiful!!
Stevie & Jesse
SAHM & Homeschooling

Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 35,717
What a birth story! I'm so glad you and Wyatt are doing well now. I hope you have a quick recovery. He is soooooo cute!!!!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (13.75), Ryllan (11.5), Finn (7.5), and Zane (4).

Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM
LVZ LVZ is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,585
Congrats! I am glad breastfeeding is going so well. I had a rough time with my first c/s too, but it does get better.

I love the UT gear. My husband went to UT, so our children are often decked out in burnt orange too.
Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 2,680
Aww...you must have been so scared! An emergency c-section is never fun, that's for sure. Hopefully your recovery is complete soon. Wyatt is SO adorable!!!
Abigail-Mama to Landon, Layla and Micaiah

Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 8,880
Oh my gosh he is absolutely adorable!! Good job mama!

I feel your pain about the epi during a contraction.. Afterward though I was thankful that I was so concentrated on the pain in my front I didn't even feel the pain in my back!
Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kaia's Mommy
Posts: 5,271
He is such a cutie pie! That was a crazy story, so glad you're both well
Melanie, mama to Kaia, Ewan, and Paige
Paige Clementine born October 23, 2013
Reply With Quote
March 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 6,085
He's adorable! Good work, Mama! Congratulations!

Reply With Quote
March 8th, 2011, 04:33 AM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McDade, TX
Posts: 1,192
He is so precious!!! Congrats again. You really had a pretty scary L&D experience. I hope you are doing well.

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

Reply With Quote
March 8th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 986
He is such a cutie! Congrats!
Reply With Quote
March 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
SuperMom to the 10thpower
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,116
You did an amazing job Kendal! Love the pic of all 3 of you in bed, my fav!
Mommy to 2 future little bear hunters
Ryan Christopher~Feb. 28, 2009~8lbs 9oz
Brooke Eloise~March 16, 2011~8lbs 1oz

Visit my Tupperware site!http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/C...s-welcome.html
Reply With Quote
March 16th, 2011, 12:51 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,719
Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to read our story
Reply With Quote
March 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 356
Im sorry it was so scary for you.. When you were discribing how much you love Wyatt and nursing I just sat here bawling as I read. I totaly know how you feel there is nothing like it in the world is there? I can't wait to hold nurse and stare at my own little one... Amazingly well written birth story thanks so much for sharing and he is absolutely adorable
Thank You Patty for my pretty Siggy!!!
Reply With Quote
April 4th, 2011, 08:30 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,719
Originally Posted by sjbates72 View Post
Im sorry it was so scary for you.. When you were discribing how much you love Wyatt and nursing I just sat here bawling as I read. I totaly know how you feel there is nothing like it in the world is there? I can't wait to hold nurse and stare at my own little one... Amazingly well written birth story thanks so much for sharing and he is absolutely adorable
Thank you. And yes it truely is a one of a kind experience. Thank you for reading my story!
Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,156
Congrats and sorry it was so scary! Thanks for sharing.

Reply With Quote

birth story, march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0