Log In Sign Up

Evie Scarlett - Born May 19th

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,127
Wow... is all I have to say... wow. First off we are all healthy and happy and loving life. You all know about the water breaking thing happening Tuesday morning... well Wednesday I didn't feel the baby move at all and I was leaking a bit more then Tuesday. So when I was talking to DH he said to call L&D and tell them we were coming, so after work we ate supper and then went in, we got there around 6. They hooked me up to the monitors and then I told them about the leaking. When the Dr was able to come in she took a swab of the liquid and said " I will be back in 10 min when the results come back... had to sit in solution for 10 min and then 2 lines if it was amnio fluid or 1 if not..she no more got out the door when her and 2 other nurses flew in the room with fluid and the strep B bag and told me that I am staying and having a baby. By the time she was in there 32 hours with my water broke. They did an u/s to make sure she had lots of fluid in there still and she was fine. I dont think I have ever felt the way I did when they came in. We were sent away with "everything is fine go home" so much (which obviously is a great thing) but I was expecting that, not you are going to have a baby within 24 hours. I was in complete shock. AJ started making his mandatory texts and calls to let people know that it was happening. As the Dr's were trying to figure out what they were going to do so much was going through my mind. They decided to give me a pill to try and start dilating. When I got there I was 1cm. They didn't want to check often because of risk of infection already for the baby. After taking the pill within 3 hours I was starting to have contractions. At midnight they gave me another pill and again the contractions were there, not overly bad but enough to keep me up a lot. I asked for some pain meds just to make sure I could sleep so when they brought AJ and I into another room (we knew baby wasn't coming over night so we got a comfy room with a cot for AJ) they gave me morphine and it didn't even really seem to help.
The next morning mom came back.. right she ended up there around 830ish and stayed till 1130 when we knew there would be no baby that night. So at 9am the contractions were getting to be a bit harder and then they started the drip to start things even more. At this point I was only 2cm. That went on and then the contraction were getting a lot worse. I told my nurse (who was amazing) that if they were going to get any worse in a bit that I needed an epidural because they were getting really really bad and I could handle those, just not sure if I could handle them when I thought I would be 8-10cm... so she said sure and got me in line for one. well the anaesthesiologist was in high demand and he went and did one for one girl then got called to do a section right then so at 11 he was finally ready for me. He came in, did his talking and then told me to sit on the side of the bed.. well at this point my contractions were ... not pretty, manageable but I think only because I saw the relief was coming. (WITHOUT checking how dilated I was) he started the epi me having very big contractions and him having to stop and wait till them were done, DH was standing infront of me so I didnt jump. I kept looking up at my mom and saying "mom i need to push mom it feels like something is there" and everyone just said "hes almost done...." so when he was done I said again that I needed to push and they decided to check how dilated I was... HAHAH... go me I made it all 10cm without anything. I am pretty sure if I would have tried to push when I felt I had to, Evie would have been here in no time but since I was sitting there with the pressure for so long I think she went back up a bit.
So the Dr. said oh ok, well you can start pushing now when you feel pressure, so I did that about 8-9 times and then she said that her heart rate was concerning her because she was going WAY high and then way low so her options were try forceps and if they didn't work I would need a section because she had to get out asap. I said ok, signed the sheet and was on my way to the OR and my mom waited in the recovery room. They got me strapped up and gave me new meds in the epi and my whole lower body went numb it was really weird. The Dr put the forceps in and then the nurse put her hands on my stomach to tell me when to push. I pushed twice and then felt the most amazing feeling in the world... the birth of my daughter. Well what I could feel of it, I felt the wiggling. She was absolutely amazing. They took her to get weighed and she was sleepy so she didn't cry right away but I could see her feet moving so I was ok. I looked at AJ and just started tearing up... we did it, we were parents now. They cleaned her up and let us hold her while I got stitched up, I had a 2nd degree tear which apparently is completely normal for a lot of people, i also tore a little by my pee hole so she put in a catheter that had to stay there for 24 hours.
We went to the recovery room and my mom met us there and it was amazing. Nurses cleaned me up and then they took little Evie to the NICU. This was mandatory where she was in there with leaking fluid.. JUST to make sure there was nothing wrong. Apparently they can tell within the first 6 hours. They did come in and tell me that everything was fine and she was doing really great. Her final apgar score was a 9 She weighed 7 lbs 12 ounces and 22cm long. She is amazing and doing great. We are now bottle feeding and she is gaining weight which is great. She is jaundice and we had to go to the hospital for 2 days after we came home just for a billi check and then leave. Today when we went they said everything was getting better and we just had to come back Friday for another check. We are adjusting pretty good, still kinda getting used to how things need to work now that there is a baby in the house but we are getting there. DH is AMAZING with things, always helping and getting up, I swear sometimes he just knows she will cry and he just gets to her sooo quick and I am not even outta bed haha..

low and behold.. my little baby Evie.

in recovery

all warm back with mommy and daddy

She always had her hands in her face in u/s.. and out too lol

Hanging out

my Uncle did this for me.. my own anne geddies baby

Thanks for going through my book and my pics.
God is great!! He blessed us with a BFP on Sunday Sept 5th!
Evie Scarlett is here May 19th 2011 - best day ever!

Thank you so much Babydoll213 for my siggy!

Reply With Quote
May 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 3,337
She is beautiful!! Congratulations!! Big kudos to you for making it to 10 cm with no medication. I was at 5 and thought I was dying! lol

BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
May 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
Awww...CONGRATS!!!!! I know several people who have gone the whole way only to find out AFTER the Epi was installed....transition is the hardest part....and you made it thru that....Hugs for having to hold off on pushing...I dont know HOW you did that

Anyway...she's precious and beautiful and I LOVE that first pic of you and your family! LOVELY!!!
Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote
May 26th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deland, FL
Posts: 4,056
Great story, tfs! She's a cutie!

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!
Reply With Quote
May 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UT
Posts: 9,118
She is so cute! Congrats!!!

Reply With Quote

may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0