Log In Sign Up

Shyla Fae's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
shylasmommy's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 114
Two weeks before Shyla was born I was having bloody mucous discharge. Thinking it was just my mucous plug, I put on a pad and went out for a about an hour and a half and when I got home I was still bleeding some. I decided to call the OB doctor on call, and after waiting an HOUR for a call back, they decided it was best for me to go into the emergency room.

I went into the emergency room at the hospital I was to be delivering at and when they hooked me up to the monitors, they saw I was having contractions (that I couldn't feel) every 2 minutes. Since I was only 33 weeks, they had to transfer me into a hospital in Boston because their hospital wasn't equipt to handle pre-term babies 34 weeks and earlier. They determined I was 1 cm dilated already, which made me very nervous. They gave me magnesium to slow the contractions and it seemed to help.

I got 2 shots of steroids to help develop her lungs just in case she does come now. They told me I had Polyhydramnios, which is excess amniotic fluid. The figured out my contractions were from that and a really bad UTI.

On March 15th, I went back into the hospital with stomach and back pains. They told me I still had the UTI from before so they were going to keep me over night and give me medicine. They saw I was contracting all night and at 5am on the 16th, during an internal exam, my water broke. They checked me and I was already 3cm. When they realized she wasn't coming down because of the amniotic fluid, I was scheduled for a C-Section at 12....and that's when my beautiful princess was born. <3

Shyla was born Wednesday March 16th at 12:29pm at 34 weeks and 6 days. She was 5lbs and 14oz and 17.5 inches long.

She was doing great then early Sunday morning, things went a bit south. She started having trouble regulating her temperature. They took her to the special care nursery and she's been there since. Things didn't get any better though. She had really bad jaundice, so she was undert photo therapy lights for 4 days. She was also having trouble breathing. Since she was a preemie, they say its normal for her to have trouble with the sucking, swallowing and breathing of eating. She sometimes would turns blue while eating, though it did happen while she's just laying there. Her oxygen drops and her heart rate drops. She was also in an incubator to help with her temperature.

She was in the NICU for 3 weeks. We finally brought her home on April 4th. Now she's almost 3 months. 10lbs. 22 inches and doing great!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0