Log In Sign Up

Silas and Ayla's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10,865
First I want to say that compared to my daughter...the twins were a breeze!

The most frustrating day was the day before, and day of my induction. I was told I was being induced Monday FOR SURE before I left the hospital on that previous Friday. Come Sunday I called, and they said they didn't even have me on the list!! I guess someone forgot to put in the paper work. Come Monday I was so done. I called and harassed them, and they still didn't have a clue. The L&D was full up, and they weren't sure when/if they could fit me in that day. I almost lost it lol. Anyways, I was told to call back at 2pm, and when I did was told to call back at 2:30pm. LONGEST half an hour EVER!! I call back, and still up in the air until I got transferred to the other ward. She told me to come in at 4pm. So, I have a mini-panic attack realizing the reality of it all. I was disappointed because I didn't want another 4 in the morning baby like DD, and it being a 4pm induction I didn't think I would be having them the 25th.

We got called in at 5:30pm. They hooked the babies up to the machine, checked me (5cm, 90% effaced still) and then broke my water. They told me that they would come back in an hour, and if nothing had changed then they would start pitocin.

NO need for that!!! Holy moly, the contractions starting coming fast and strong. It hurt SO much in my butt and crotch because of how low Ayla was. It was like that "pressure" you feel when you are about to give birth, but only during contractions. They came back about an hour/two, and I was about 5-6cm. They told me to walk around. That made the pressure so much worse. We walked for about half an hour, and the nurse came flying down the hall because the head anesthesiologist was on the floor doing epidurals. I voted for one because the pressure really sucked. When I got there, I went pee, and when I got out of the bathroom she was already there. I started panicking. She gave me a hug, and told me that she knew what happened before. I agreed to get it done...until I was in the position to get one. I kept saying no, yes, no, yes. She cleaned my back off, and I just lost it. I said no no no,I can't do this. So, she explained that she had to leave, and that she probably wouldn't be able to come back, and that it would be the resident. I said ya whatever. After she left i bawled and bawled and bawled. I was SO scared. It is amazing what one bad experience can do!

About 15min after she left I was totally regretting telling her to leave. The pain was SO intense, and I had SO much pressure in my butt, and pelvis that I thought I was going to rip in half and/or poop my pants!

I asked the nurse if the epidural person could be called again. The head lady came back, made sure I wanted it, and did a great job (so did I lol, I am proud of myself). The epidural took about 15min to kick in a bit, but I could still feel that major pressure. The nice, lovely, nurse kept upping it for me, and eventually I was perfect. This epi was SO much different than my last. I could move my legs even when she put it on really high (they were heavy though). This all happened around 8:30-9:00pm. The nurse left, and a bunch of ppl came from church. I was SO in heaven from my epidural that they were laughing at me. They left around 9:40, and then the nurse came to check me again. I was now 8cm. I was like are you crapping me?! It had only been about an hour that I was 6cm. I kept getting that pressure in my butt, and I told the nurse that, and she decided to check me at 10:15, and I was a 10 and ready to go to the OR. It took about 15-20min to get out of the room, and another 10 to get the OR prepped when I was there. At around (this is a bit of a blur, my sister's words now).. 10:40pm I started pushing. I pushed a total of 20min to get Ayla out. It could have taken less, but it was VERY awkward giving birth in that set up lol. She came out at 11:00pm, screaming her little head off. She was SO cute. It wasn't long before it was time to get Silas out. They turned the pitocin on, checked his position, and I started pushing. He was born 6min after Ayla, at 11:06pm July 25th. Ayla was 6lb2oz, and Silas was 6lb7oz. Looking at them both I cannot even try to fathom how they fit in there!

Shortly after I left the OR and went back to the L&D room. I was bleeding a bit, but everything was fine. They wheeled me to the other side of the hospital where I stayed every time I was there. Things were fine...until I noticed that I was bleeding a bit more than I expected. I didn't think ANYTHING of it...but called the nurse to make sure it was okay....that is when the fun began!

The nurse came in, checked me, and pulled the emergency cord! About 5 nurses came in, all checked me down there, called the OB, she came rushing in. Apparently i was hemorrhaging!!! I was freaking right out. The nurse would push on my uterus and all I could feel was a HUGE gush of blood come out. I felt so bad for my neighbour as I was crying and freaking. The OB came rushing in, and had to go in and get the clots out. That was horrible. I'd prefer child birth. They gave me some meds, a suppository, and a catheter. That took about an hour to do. For an hour they were constantly taking clots out and pushing blood out. Then they left for a few min. They came in again, and I was still bleeding...so after this 3 times, they got things under control.

The twins are great at BFing, and I am not in much pain. The worst pain I have is from the epidural being in (or from shaking so much and being so tense during that clot stuff), and when my tummy decides to put organs back in place. My girly parts don't hurt AT ALL. I never tore or anything.
Reply With Quote
July 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Posts: 3,094
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Wow!! Sounds like you got off to a bit of a shakey start, but everything worked out birth-eise so that's good! I'm sorry to hear about all the bleeding... Hopefully you are feeling better now!

Congrats on the babies
Reply With Quote
July 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,409
Wow, what a roller coaster. You were up down and upside down, poor girl! Im so glad everything turned out in the end, congrats on your brand new babies!
Mom to Colton,Megan, Caitlyn, Nick, Brandon and 2 angels.
BFP Dec 2010 hcg Dec 18 13dpo 58... Dec 20 15 dpo 190.4 (28 hr doubling)

Reply With Quote
July 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 3,194
That is really scary about the bleeding. I'm glad they were able to get things under control! How were you feeling at that moment?

Reply With Quote
July 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,088
Wow the bleeding sounds scary! Congrats on the twins!
Reply With Quote
July 28th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 115,728
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Reply With Quote
July 28th, 2011, 11:04 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,692
Glad to hear you and both babies are doing well!! And glad your epidural experience was better this time

Reply With Quote
July 29th, 2011, 12:26 AM
First Timer!!!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cali, USA
Posts: 4,223
so glad you hada better experience with the epi then last time! thank you for sharing your birth story with us all!

grats to you and your family on the addition of two new LO's
Reply With Quote
July 29th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,598
So glad that this was (for the most part) better for you. Congrats to you and Kiera!
Reply With Quote
July 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,557
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
TFS your birth story! So glad the twins arrived safely....Congratulations!!
Reply With Quote
July 29th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,778
Congratulations! I"m so proud you were able to have them both naturally--so amazing!! Too bad about the bleeding, but it sounds like you were in good hands. I'm glad they took care of you so well.

Enjoy your new little ones
Reply With Quote
July 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Crunchymommy's Avatar Mama of 3 beautiful girls
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,288
Send a message via AIM to Crunchymommy Send a message via MSN to Crunchymommy Send a message via Yahoo to Crunchymommy
Great birth story. I totally know what you mean about them removing clots from inside you. They did that to me after I had aria, I had an all natural birth with aria but had to get pain meds in my iv after she dug the clots out. That's very painful because they shove their whole hand inside you(or atleast my ob did) & it hurts. Congrats on the twins.
Reply With Quote
July 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
KMQ's Avatar
KMQ KMQ is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northwestern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,820
You are amazing, mama!! Congratulations again!

Reply With Quote
July 30th, 2011, 06:07 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 5,518
How scarey! Aside from your hemorraging, it sounds like a great birth story. Congratulations on twins
Reply With Quote
July 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,582
Wow, great job mama!! So scary about the clots...man. I'm so glad you're alright!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

Reply With Quote
August 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14,431
Wow! What a birth experience! A bit scary, but so glad you were well taken care of! Silas and Ayla are beautiful!
Thank you claire1979 for my cute new siggy!
Reply With Quote
August 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,137
Sorry about the bleeding, I can totally relate to how scary it is.

Glad everything else went well! Way to go Mommy!

Reply With Quote
January 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations! they're adorable and you did an amazing job.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0