Log In Sign Up

Allegra's Birth Story - Second VBA2C after 2 caesareans!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 157
So Sunday August 7th I made Scalini's eggplant parmagiana which gave me (TMI) diarrhea all night. I ate it all week because I made enough for an army. Thursday I had diarrhea again. Saturday the 13th I did a major cleaning accompanied with dancing (cleaning is so much less painful when there's good music blasting), but not sure if it was the nesting instinct or the fact we were having company the next day for my daughter's 2nd birthday. Sunday night (August 14) at about midnight I lost my mucus plug, which was dark brown and looked like a slug (yuck!). Yesterday I lost more bits of the plug. I noticed decreased movement (the calm before the storm). This morning at 5AM I woke up and used the bathroom and there was the bloody show! Different from the plug, more like a big clot of blood passing. So now I'm waiting for the doctor's office to open. No contractions yet, but today is the beginning...

UPDATE: Well, I went to the doctor's that morning only to find out I was 1cm dilated. I went home and decided to take the kids to the book store and then babies 'r us. In the evening we walked a mile each way to pick my daughter up from soccer camp.

Contractions started at about 8pm, but they were 15-20 minutes apart. They eventually became 2-4 minutes apart by midnight-1AM. I called my mother and waited for her to come watch the kids. She arrived around 3AM. My useless husband and I went to the hospital. I was only 2 cm!!! I couldn't believe it. They decided to keep me anyway. My contractions became irregular again. By 6:30 when the midwife came, I was 3. By 8 when my doctor arrived, I was 4. They decided to break my water and the contractions picked up again. They were very painful. More than I remember with my last baby. The doctor encouraged me to get the epi and I was glad to oblige. So all this time, my husband's been saying he wants to go out get coffee, go home and get more sleep, take my daughter to soccer camp, etc. Really??? There's no way I could have gone natural without any support. The anesthesiologist came in and asked husband to leave the room, well he actually left the hospital!!! My neighbor texted me and asked why he was home. My mother arrived at the hospital in his stead. Epi was fine, but I am not crazy about the idea of not being able to walk and I felt like my throat was closing a couple of times. Around 11:30 the epi started to wear off. Doc came back for a reboot. My husband calls and says that my daughter's friends are going to take all the kids to the beach so he'll return. Around 12:15, I decided I was ready and had enough of this waiting game. Apparently, Baby felt the same way. Her head was all the way down and she was ready to go. I pushed 6 times in a half hour and she was out. Last time I pushed for an hour and a half and felt EVERYTHING because they had turned the epi off. After I delivered the placenta, the doctor examined it to see why I had bled previously. There seemed to be a pocket or flap. The placenta is pretty enormous and nasty looking. Yuck. Baby Allegra was born at 1:15, 6lbs. 10 oz and 19in long. She is sweet as can be. I am breastfeeding and my nipples are on FIRE! She lost a lot of weight (down to 5.12 as of yesterday), we go back tomorrow for another weight check. I hope she's gaining. I think my milk is in. It was a long, eventful pregnancy, but worth every moment when I look at my sleeping beauty. The other kids LOOOOVE her and can't get enough.
Make a pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Reply With Quote
August 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 5,518
Reply With Quote
September 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,778
wow, that's quite a story. But you didn't mention if your husband actually made it back to the hospital for the birth? At least your mom was there Congratulations.
Reply With Quote
January 16th, 2012, 10:09 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations! i hope your husband made it back in time.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0