Log In Sign Up

Micaiah's Birth story (long!!!!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 742
I thought I'd post a more in detail birth story up here so here it is!!

Micaiah's Birth Story!!

For about two weeks before my water broke I was overwhelmed with false labor symptoms Braxton Hicks ,loose BM's and loosing my mucus plug piece by piece but it was not until Friday Aug 19th when I had my bloody show and loose BM's that I really started to think that something could be up. The next day Saturday my daughter's friend had a birthday party so we went and hung out with a who bunch of three year olds I was feeling a lot of pressure down there and while walking around I felt a tiny trickle down my leg enough to soaked my underwear but nothing after that so I thought it was just a bunch of really wet discharge. The next day Sunday I woke up and just felt off tired, easily annoyed and just wanted to be alone we went to church and then went home as soon as we got home I went and laid on our bed and passed right out I was exhausted 2 1/2 hours later I woke up and started cleaning started laundry fed my animals and ran dish water I bent over to get dish soap from under the sink and I felt a trickle then I stood up and a bigger trickle and it just kept going I knew my water had broke as it did in 3 out of my 4 pregnancy's so I went and told DH and my mom (who was staying with us until the baby was born) and we headed to the hospital. We got there at about 7:30 about 2 hours after my water broke. My contractions started in the van very mild and about 7 mins apart they checked me when we got to the hospital and I was around 4 cm dilated but they could stretch me to 5 the Dr anticipated a short labor as I was already progressing and this was my 4th I was a bit scared but also relieved by this at the same time as the only Dr that could do the epidural was out of town and I would have to do this drug free. As hours passed my contractions became more regular and a bit stronger. I was dialateing and thinning out a bit more nothing much but still a bit of progress so they left me to labor I walked for about 5 hours I was exhausted but could not sleep a about 5am Monday my contraction's has slowed to about every 15 mins so they decided to start me on Pitocin which I was praying wouldn't happen but I didn't want an infection either so agreed to it knowing it would make my labor harder to cope with without drugs. They upped my dose every hour until they were satisfied with how many contractions I was having in an hour at about 9am I reached 7 to 8 cm dialed and stayed there for about 2 and a half hours despite having pain full contractions. At about 12:30ish I was at 8 1/2 9cm dilated and In ex stream pain I was moved to the delivery room and all the nurses started prepping the room the dr was called in again and arrived about 15 mins later. I felt like I had to pee exstreamly bad they tried to help me to the bathroom but I was in to much pain so they brought me a bed pan but even then I still couldn't pee so the tried a cathider which hurt but nothing was in my bladder despite me feeling like my bladder was going to explode. At about 1pm I had crazy aching burning pain in my. Back and a lot of pressure in my butt but when checked I was still only at 9 so I labored for another half hour 45 min contractions about every 60 seconds they turned off my pitocine and told me to try to start pushing and maybe I could stretch to 10 cm so I did I grabbed both my DH and my moms hand and squeezed and pushed threw every contraction I was starting to loose my cool as I hadn't slept since my nap the day before and I was not progressing anymore and I was in excruciating pain I started to cry. I kept saying I couldn't do it anymore hoping they would come up with something to give me to take some of my pain away but they just kept telling me it wasn't going to be to much longer and my baby would be here! my DH was tearing up as he hated seeing me in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it. The dr came back in at about 1:45 and kept shoving his hand in my crotch threw every contraction trying to stretch me to 10 cm that hurt more then anything I have ever felt I not only was I excruciating pain but now I had no break as it felt like he was ripping me apart I begged him to stop screaming out in pain all the nurse tried to calm me saying he needed to do what he was doing even thought I could see the worry in there faces as I was bleeding so much one of the nurses even pointed it out to the Dr but he seemed unconcerned. I have never been I so much pain in my life every time I pushed he would come down and the go right back up after the contraction. So the DR decided to use the vacuum he tried to get it on the babys head but I couldn't let him as I was still in so much pain from him stretching me so I pushed and pushed it felt like I was going to rip in half not at all like any of my other delivery's I was terrified my back was in so much pain I could not bare it I finally pushed hard enough fo his head to come down enough to get the vacuum on his head then five more pushes and he was here at 2:22 Pm on August 22nd my DH burst out crying as it was so hard for him to watch me go threw that kind of pain. Micaiah's cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times and he was just hanging there not making a sound the Dr quickly cut the umbilical cord and unwrapped it from around his neck only a small bit of the cord was still in me attached to the placenta most of the cord was around his neck. They got him to start crying and I pushed the placenta out I felt like he had ripped me badly but it turned out not to be to bad. they observed him he got a 9 out of 10 on his test the only thing that he failed on was his hands and feet were blue when he came out they finally passed him to me which was my saving grace as it distracted me from the horrible pain I was in I nursed him And prayed thanking god for helping me threw this incredibly hard experience. As soon as I was stitched up they took Micaiah to give him his vitamin K shot and do some blood work. I felt so horrible I was still in a tone of pain I was exhausted ,shaky and faint. I asked to have a hot shower as I was covered in blood and just wanted something to feel nice for a change. They almost didn't let me as my blood pressure was quite low and they were worried about me passing out but I finally convinced them and took a 15 min shower it felt like a million bucks. I was still bleeding quite badly but I wasn't to concerned as the Dr didn't seemed concerned earlier when his nurse pointed it out. I got dressed and they moved my back into my room and brought Micaiah right behind me. I was so happy!!! it is hard to describe what it feels like giving birth and not being able to hold your baby afterward and because all my previous pregnancy's ended before 37 weeks I was never able to have them in the room with me. They checked me every half hour or so to see if my blood pressure would go back up but it didn't so they ran a few blood test and it came back that I had low hemoglobin from bleeding so much they think because his cord was wrapped so many times around his neck it was pulling the placenta away from the uterine wall and causing me to bleed excessively. So anyhow after all that we were discharged 30 hours later and I am so I love with my little boy!!!!. I am also completely done having kids. I could not imagine possibly going threw a birth like that ever again!!!! I am completely content with my perfect little family <3 Thank you for reading my story and I can't wait to see all you little ones and read there birth stories!

Reply With Quote
September 19th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western USA
Posts: 9,144
Thanks for sharing!! Sorry you had to go through so much pain and all the bleeding afterwards, but so glad that you and baby are both doing good.
Kynslee Lynn Raquelle 9/21/11
Quinton Drake 1/9/15
Reply With Quote
September 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 742
Thank you!!! Hopefully you little girl will be here soon and you will get the delivery you hope for!!!

Reply With Quote
January 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congrats, he's beautiful!
i'm sorry you had such a hard time!
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0