Log In Sign Up

Kayli Faye's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
kiszi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,258
Monday, September 12

I had been having contractions for weeks, but tonight they seemed to be getting closer together. I walked on the treadmill and tried to stay active in the hopes of getting things moving…. then around bedtime, everything fizzled out. ::

Tuesday, September 13

4:00 am –
I was awakened by a pretty strong contraction, and went back to sleep.
Nine minutes later, woke up to another.
Nine minutes later, another. At this point I was anticipating the next one and unable to go back to sleep. I wandered around the house for a while as they continued coming. Made a cup of tea and sat down to time them.

5:30 am –
Strong contractions around 6-10 minutes apart. Quite sure I would be having a baby today, so I called in to work. Made toast, watched tv, kept timing.

7:00 am –
Consistent contractions, now 4-8 minutes apart. I had progressed pretty quickly with my first, so rather than take a chance, I woke up DH and had him call his mom (an hour away) and let her know to come get DS soon. MIL and FIL picked up DS around 9:00.

Soon after they left, the contrax slowed down immensely. At one point I didn’t have one for over 20 minutes. I was thinking, crap!! Maybe I’m not even really in labor. DH and I debated whether to take a walk or a nap. The nap won out.

11:00-12:00-ish –
A nice nap, fortunately I didn’t stop contracting. Still slow going at 6-12 minutes apart but they were getting MUCH stronger.

4:00 pm –
After hours without progress, we finally decide to take that walk. MAN I wish we would have done that earlier! My contrax were 3-4 minutes apart by the time we were done. I called the doc office and L&D and headed in.

5:00 pm –
I was checked in triage and was 4cm dilated. They decided I was a keeper and got me into a room. Contractions were getting ridiculous at this point. It was all I could do to hang on DH’s neck and moan through each one. I had remembered that it’s good to have a focus point, so I focused on the only thing I could see with my head down by my chest – the ugly square pattern on my hospital gown.

6:00 pm –
I felt like I was nearing my breaking point when anesthesia came in for the epidural. They got it in fairly quickly and just in time. Then bliss. At this point I was 6cm.

I progressed slowly but surely from there. The nurse said to call when I started to feel pressure in my bottom. I called her at about 11:45pm, she said I was an 8,and she was commenting how my water needed to break because the OB didn’t like to break the water as long as there was progress. Right then as she was checking, my water finally broke. Then she said I went to a 9. Almost there! We were thinking if this baby wanted to be born on the 13th, she had to hurry.

Wednesday, September 14

Midnight – I felt insane pressure and pain low in my pelvis, and called the nurse in again. She arrived with the birth table all ready, saying she had just been on her way in. Checked me again, and I was ready to go! She said she would have me do one or two practice pushes and if they went well, she would call in the doc.

Well…. I pushed through 1 ½ contractions and she said “OK stop pushing! We gotta get the doc in here!” My nurse and another nurse were telling me to blow and “hee hee” and stuff so that I wouldn’t push. I obliged, and even though I was in incredible pain from this giant head in my vagina, somehow I thought it was funny and was giggling a little as I was “heehee” –ing. Despite not pushing, suddenly I felt a release of pressure and a slipping…. Calmly DH and I looked at the nurse, who was beside me at the moment, and said, “she’s coming.” So my sweet nurse delivered my little girl’s head and the doc popped in the room a minute later and delivered the rest, at 12:12 am.

Kayli had apgars of 9 and 9, she nursed like an old pro and she’s been the sweetest child anyone could ask for. It’s been great to share her story, thanks for reading.

Last edited by kiszi; September 23rd, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
September 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,153
Great story! Congrats.
Reply With Quote
January 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations on your little girl!
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0