Log In Sign Up

Cecilia Colleen's Journey to this World

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2011, 12:26 PM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 783
So now that she is over 2 weeks old - I think it's time for me to get this posted

I had a rough weekend proceeding Monday September 12th - I wasn't sleeping well and I had began having [very] irregular contractions. Despite feeling completely under the weather, I ventured to work Monday morning - it was crazy busy and if I hadn't gone in the other ladies would have lost their minds I fear - so there I was - miserable and losing my mind - it was a manic Monday clinic. I began work at 8:30 that morning and was unable to take a break until about 3pm...so I went back to eat my sub that I ordered specifically for the hot peppers on the side - well there were no peppers - they had forgotten. I began to cry. It was that kind of day. Contractions were coming roughly every 4-8 min - still pretty irregular but definitely noticeable.

Fast forward to after work - I picked up DS from my moms and she just looked at me and said "see ya later tonight (she was to take DS should I go into labor etc)" She happily stated - "this is the same way you looked the night you went into labor with DS - you are beyond ready - tonight is the night." So off to home I went. I had no appetite and I was miserable. DH gave me a back rub to help calm me down - the contractions were getting stronger and closer together. I called the OB dept. around 8:30pm to see what their thoughts were - they wanted me to come in and said they would expect me within the hour. So off we went - meaning mother dearest was right

When we got to the hospital, I was checked and hadn't progressed at all since my apt that last Friday. I was still sitting at a 2. So...they had me walk the halls - do stairs all that good jazz to make it all pick up (because of course my contractions also stopped being so strong) and the nurse was going to page my doctor to see what he suggested. So walk the halls I did and we did stairs like you wouldn't believe. We did that for about 30 minutes and then I needed some water so we walked back to my room. When we got there we were informed that my doctor wanted me stay regardless of if I progressed or not - if the night showed no progression we were to start pitocin in the a.m.. So she hooked me up to the monitors and my contractions began coming on something fierce. We got comfy in our room and around 2 am I fell asleep for about a 1/2 hr - then we walked some more. At about 5am - I must have dozed off and around 7, the nurse came back in and let me know that my contractions had completely died off again. I was frustrated.

So since I was awake, at around 8 they decided to start the pit to get it all going again - however, within in that hour (7-8) I did start contracting on my own again. I dealt with the pit until 2pm when I finally gave in and opted for some nubain to help take the edge off of things. I immediately felt the effects and I was loving it! Dh was amazing through all of this - he never left my side - something that I didn't experience with DS - it was so refreshing. He gave me a massage with the oils after the nubain was administered and held my hand through each contraction. After the nubain I felt amazing - for like 10 min lol. Then the contractions started to become even more intense and were coming every 2 min. So at 3:15 or so - I was in tears asking for an epidural. I expected to wait a few hours until I received it but instead the anesthesiologist was in my room within 10 min!!

By 5pm I had progressed to a 7, baby was finally in position and by 6pm my water had broken on its own. (another first for me!!) I did have to go on Oxygen for a bit as baby was stressed and my bp kept dropping - At 7:15pm I began pushing - my mom held one leg and Dh the other - it was amazing having both of their support as well as the nurses. (I had a few of the same nurses I had 4 yrs ago with DS and I was thrilled) And at 7:40 - after 25 min of pushing & 22+ hrs of labor - Cecilia Colleen was brought into this crazy beautiful world weighing 8 lbs (even) & 20.5 inches and perfect in every way.

I didn't tear (didn't with DS either) so I was thrilled - the only issues I ended up having was tailbone pain, pelvic/hip pain (which I'm still dealing with) and before I was moved into my room after delivery, I passed out in the bathroom - DH had no idea what was going on as he was in our other room waiting for me while watching Cecilia and he just saw a bunch of nurses running down the hall. Thank goodness for my amazing wonderful nurses!!! I came to after a bit and after they got me somewhat pulled together again they took me to our room where DH was stunned to see how white I was and to learn what had happened - thankfully by morning I was feeling so much better and we could both enjoy our little bundle.

If you stuck through that entire thing - I thank you so very much for reading

Reply With Quote
September 29th, 2011, 01:20 PM
amycc's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 827
Great story, thanks for sharing!

Reply With Quote
September 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 783
You read it all Amy? lol thank YOU then - I know it was a bit long

Reply With Quote
September 30th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,153
Congratulations! Great story.
Reply With Quote
October 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,900
Send a message via Yahoo to laceymm888
I read it all! I didn't know you passed out! That's scary. I'm sorry you're still having hip problems Hopefully they go away SOON!

Ridley Matthew: Born August 23, 2011 weighing 6 pounds 5 oz and 19.5 inches long

Reply With Quote
January 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations. thanks for sharing your story.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0