Log In Sign Up

PIX! Dillon's arrival! LONGish! Sry...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Love.My.Lil.Family's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 520
I can't believe how much time has already passed and I am ashamed at how little I've been on here! I have been wanting to write Dillon's birth story for such a long time. So here it is!

Saturday, December 10th was pretty much like any other day. I was tired and my DH had to work a few hours so my mother in law came over and picked up my older son Mason so she could have some time with him since we are moving from Connecticut to Arizona in Feb/Mar and she won't get to see him much.

My husband came home around 5 pm and we ordered chinese food because I've read it can induce labor We watched a movie and my DH was out cold by 9pm while I was up tossing and turning all night like always! I got up to go to the bathroom (again) at 1 am and I went back to bed and was just laying there trying to get comfortable and I felt a little pinch *down there* and that was it but for some reason I just kept laying there wondering if my water had broke. Nothing was wet but I just felt like it did. I laid there for like 5 min before I decided to go back to the bathroom to check. Well within a min of being in the bathroom I was sure my water broke! So I called the Dr. and she asked how bad my contractions were. I was kind of embarrassed to say I didn't feel any! She told me to go to the birth center right away. We got to the hospital at 2:30am and the nurses were already waiting for us ( I have to stop here and say that the whole staff at the birth center at Griffin Hospital in Derby, CT are AMAZING! LOVE THEM! ).

I forgot to mention my DH came home with another boxer (dog) he adopted on saturday and it is still a puppy and we couldn't leave it at home so we brought it to the hosiptal and left him in the truck, so my DH had to keep going outside to check on him!

We got settled into our room and got hooked up to all the monitors and such. They checked my progress at around 3 am and it was the worst pain, even worse then the contractions through out the whole birth, because they could barely find my cervix the first few times they checked. I actually screamed. After that we tried to sleep for awhile but I woke up around 5:30am when the contractions were getting more painful, I dozed off between each one until 7am when I could not sleep anymore. They checked me again and I had only dialated to 2 cm, again so painful My DH had to take the dang new dog to his mom's house so I waited, I was so nervious he would not be back in time, but he got back around 9am. I did some walking in the halls with DH to get things to progress, and by 10am I was in to much pain to walk. I told them I wanted the epidural so they checked me again and said I was at 4cm and then we waited forever for them to come with it... lol well it felt like forever! I got it at around 10:30am and then the contractions slowed so they gave me meds(?) to get them going again. By 11:30am they called the Dr and told her to come. Around 12pm they were rushing around the room getting it ready and by 12:20 or 12:30 I started pushing. Dillon was born at 12:44pm on Dec 12th he weighed 8lbs 6oz and he was 21in long! I had an amazing labor and realize how lucky I am! With my 1st I pushed for HOURS, and this time it was a little over 10 - 15 min! I had no tears and no stiches, but they were concerned for awhile because I had excess bleeding?! (Didn't tell ME that until after I got to my recovery room!) So we are home now after Dillon had to go to a different hospital when he was 3 to 4 days old to be treated for jaundice , but I will write more later!

I will be catching up with all of your birth stories ASAP! We have been very busy here getting ready to DRIVE to Arizona in about 5 weeks now! Here are some pictures!


Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0