Log In Sign Up

Austin Tyler's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2005, 06:38 AM
*Jen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,237
Austin Tylerís Birth Story

Sorry for the delay but I am becoming adjusted to being a new mommy and I moved to another state so I could finally be with my husband. Sorry it is so long but I had a couple of long days in labor.

I woke up at 9:00 am on Sunday October 30th with contractions. I immediately began timing them and they were 6 minutes apart and they were lasting 45+ seconds long consistently. After a couple of hours of these my DH and I decided that maybe we should walk around and see if we can get them to either subside or pick up in frequency so we decided to go to the Orange county Swap Meet and walk around. We threw my bags in the car and off we went. We walked around the fair for hours and my contractions did pick up the pace. I must of looked very funny because I was walking around without a care in the world but when a contraction hit I would stop and just kind of rock back and forth until it subsided. Finally at about 4:00pm we decided that we should call my Dr and see what he had to say because my contractions were 60+ seconds long and about very 3-4 minutes apart. He said to come on in and get checked and we headed on our way (too bad the hospital was an hour away from the swap meet).

When we got to the hospital at about 5:30pm they put me in an observation room to be checked. I was 3cm dilated and 70% effaced which was not enough to be admitted (you need to be 4 cm). They told me I could stay for awhile and walk around and see if I could get to 4 since they could see I was getting the contractions and frequently as I stated. I walked around with DH for most of the night on the hospital floors and at 6:00 am on Monday the 31st, I was 3cm dilated and 85-90% effaced. At that point they told me they would admit me since my contractions had not decreased or I could go home and labor on my own. I opted to go home and labor on my own because it was obvious there was no epidural in my immediate future and I thought I would be more comfortable laying in my bath tub and my bed as opposed to the hospital bed and shower. I was sooo tired because I had been up for 21 hours at that point.

I laid in the tub ALL day after getting home from the hospital. My DH sat by me and would rub my back and help me breath through the contractions and he would get me anything that I needed or wanted (he felt so bad for meÖLOL). Finally at about 5:00pm we headed back to the hospital and when we arrived at 6:00pm we discovered I was 4-5cm dilated and 90% effaced and the epidural was ordered so I could get some rest since I hadnít slept in 30+ hours. My entire pregnancy the only thing I was afraid of was the epidural and I am so happy to say that it was a piece of cake. It didnít hurt at all!! My only problem was that it caused my BP to drop to 90 over something so they cranked the bad to a completely flat position and put me on oxygen for awhile until my BP got into a normal range. Then they put me on pitocin to try to get me to finish dilating so we could get this baby out. Honestly, every time I would fall asleep someone new would walk into my room and check on me whether it be family or someone from the nursing staff so needless to say I didnít get any sleep and finally at 4:00am on Tuesday November 1st I was 10 cm dilated and fully effaced but the baby was not even at a zero station because he hadnít dropped. At this point I had been in labor for 42 hours and I told them there was no way in HECK I would get a section after I worked this hard and I would get the baby to drop. They said they would let me try because the baby was very happy on the monitors. I got up on my knees and put a pillow on the tray that is by all hospital beds and I leaned over that and I would push (and pray ) every time I felt pressure. After a little over an hour the nurse checked me and I was at a +2 station and I could start pushing if I was ready. I was so ready because the baby was posterior and it was putting so much pressure on my back, bottom, and tailbone and I just needed to get him out. When I was in the 5th grade I fell on a pipe and I cracked my tailbone and I had no idea how difficult that would make my labor and I never told my Dr about my tailbone until that point. Austin put so much pressure on my tailbone that sometimes I thought I would pass out from the pain.

FINALLY, at 8:32am on Tuesday November 1st, Austin Tyler made his appearance into this world. He had quite the cone head since I labored for 46 hours and pushed for a little over 4. He is such a happy baby and has been very alert since minute 1. His Daddy and I are so in love and canít wait to do this again.

Reply With Quote
November 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,722

Lol lol lol you cant wait to do this again after 46 hours of labor! Women will always be women all over the world. Once they hold their babies, they become addicted and want to do it again. No wonder there are some who haver 12 children! lol lol
Kel: Blessed mom to:
Precious - 7 yrs old
Trinity - 5 yrs old
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0