Log In Sign Up

Savannah Yvonne's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2005, 06:50 PM
mom2Silas&Aidan's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 515
On Tuesday, 11/8, I had my 38 week checkup. I was only 1 cm and my cervix was still way up high. We were supposed to schedule my induction that day but she said it looks like I'm going to go to my due date. She was worried though that I was measuring 40 weeks so we scheduled an ultrasound for the following week.
Anyway, I went home really upset and crying. Thank goodness DH went with me. I wasn't feeling good and asked him to drive me.

On Wednesday, I woke up at 6:00 am to get ready for work and noticed I was having regular contractions (every 5 to 7 minutes) but they weren't painful. I called the doctor to see if I should go into work or just hang around the house in case this was it. Well since this was #3, she wanted me to come in so they monitor me. I had dilated to 2 cm (woo hoo) and was indeed in labor but they told me to go home and that they'd see me back in 24 hours. I didn't believe her but my oldest (Silas) had me bathe everyone that night and pack all of our bags.

On Thursday morning, I woke up at 4:30 am to pee and noticed my contractions were stronger but still only 5-7 minutes apart. By the time the doctor called (5 am) they were every 2-3 minutes. We loaded up the kids and dropped them off at DH's parents' house and called my family. We got stuck in morning traffic (there were wrecks everywhere) and finally arrived at the hospital around 6:30 am (I only live 20 minutes from the hospital). I was only 3 cm but that's enough to be admitted. Woo Hoo!! The hospital was so full (35 babies were born on Wednesday) that I had to wait for a delivery room so they had me walk for an hour or so. I finally got a room a little after 9:00, got my IV (which was aweful) and they let me walk some more. My contractions were getting irregular so by my request, they gave me pitocin at 11:15 am and at 12:30 they broke my water. At 1:00 they turned off the pitocin. Woo Hoo! By 3 pm I was 8 cm. Thank goodness transition wasn't very long. By the time I wanted the epidural I was 9 cm. From 3 pm until she was born went by really fast. The doctor knew I was going quick so she just waited around my room. All I remember is saying I needed to push and she and about 3 other nurses ran into the room and put all the stuff underneath me. I pushed three times (a total of 3 contractions). The second push delivered her head and the third the rest of her. I felt her tear me - thank goodness it was only a 2nd degree (#1 gave me a 4th).
So at 3:37 pm, Savannah Yvonne made her arrival weighing 7 lbs 15.5 oz and was 20.75" long. She's a sweet baby and loves to cuddle and eat.

When we left the hospital she weighed 7 lbs 11 oz but 12 days later she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz!!
Silas 2/02, Aidan 6/04 and Savannah 11/05
Reply With Quote
November 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,278
Were you able to get the epidural at 9 cm, or did they tell you it was too late?

I can't imagine having to sit in traffic while having contractions... yikes!

Congrats on the birth of little Savannah Yvonne! She's beautiful! I love her name!
Reply With Quote
December 6th, 2005, 01:59 PM
mom2Silas&Aidan's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 515
Thank you.

No epidural, which is the way I wanted. I'm just glad that by the time I wanted one it was too late and there wasn't much time after that that she was born.

I can't believe she's almost a month old.
Silas 2/02, Aidan 6/04 and Savannah 11/05
Reply With Quote
December 7th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,750
Sounds like you had a good birth experience. I can't believe the hospital had 35 babies born in one day! That's crazy. Congrats on doing it without the epideral!! And congratulations on Savannah!! She is such a cutie!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0