Log In Sign Up

Jackson Christopher's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2005, 10:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,883
I am going to try to make this short, though there isn't much to tell. I was induced the 21st , and we checked in at 9:45 am. They didn't start the pitocin or antibotics( gotta love GBS) until around 11. We had to do all the dumb paper work. Well I was only dialated to a 1 when we got things started, and it went very slow for the next like 4 or 5 hours. I was a 2 at 3pm, and they broke my water( I thought at a 2 that was strange, but hey ) At a little after 5, my midwife came to check on me again, since he was getting out of the office ( he is directly the floor above my delivering room). I was only dialted to a 3. They told me they were thinking I would deliver maybe 2 or 3 in the morning.. thats a long time people!!. Well my MIL and BIL stopped by around 6:30 to check on us, and I was doing fine, but I didn't let them stay long. It was just Kyle and I the entire time except for them stopping by. Around 7, the contractions were starting to get hard enough that I was getting distracted from other things. The next few hours, time went by very fast, and yet so slow. I was having a hard time relaxing, and the nurse said that even though I was on the pitocin, I could sit on a bean bag or a birthing ball if I'd like, since I could sit right next to my bed. So I took the birthing ball, which helped for a while. during the entire day, we had a hard time keeping Jackson on the moniter, so they told me they were going to have to put an internal moniter on him. My poor kiddo. So I did tht, and they said that they could set me up with a moniter so that I could try walking to relax.. I really just wanted to get in the shower, but no such luck with being induced,s o they set me up to do that, but I went to stand up, and I couldn't , my cotractions were too hard. My nurse told me not to be afraid to ask to be checked, because towards the end it can go faster than you think. So she checked me and I was between a 7 and an 8. Well I was really struggling to relax, and I had them put a shot of something, to just take the edge off, in my iv... I had them only do a half dose. I have no idea what it was either..... to be honest. I did then, but now, I have no clue. well after that things flew, within like 20 minutes I was telling Kyle " I feel like I have to push". So he buzzed the nurse, and sure enough I was a 10, so they called my midwife at home, to have him come up. during that time I told them a couple times " he REALLY needs to hurry" ( turns out he could have taken his sweet time LOL). Well he got there, and thats when the hour and a half of pushing started. Defitly very long and hard. but at the time, I didn't know it had taken that long. Kyle was a great coach and kept a cool wash cloth on my face. he said my face kept going a deep purple, he said he was afraid I might break a blood vesal. All I kept saying in between pushing/contractions is " It's so hot, I'm so tired" and mind you, I was very very quiet, which kinda scared him. The reason it took so long is Jackson tried to come out face up, and they had to turn him so that he could come out.

So Jackson got here at exactly 11:30pm, and was exactly 8 lbs, and he was 20 1/2 inches. He is a hairy guy, but it's cute. I will post a picture in a while.

Anywho, that's my birth story n a nutshell. about 12 hrs of labor an hr and a half of pushing, and then Jackson. BTW, Incase you were wondering, yes it was worth going without the epidural, because he was so alert, and he'd be worth it, time and time again
A great big thank you to Megan for my awesome siggie! You rock!!

Reply With Quote
December 2nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,750
I'll bet you were exhausted after pushing for so long. Glad Jackson finally made his debut!! Congrats on doing it without an epideral!! I can not imagine.
Reply With Quote
December 5th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Over the Rainbow
Posts: 3,950
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
What a great story. Congrats on your baby.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0