Log In Sign Up

Nashmom's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2005, 06:00 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Burns, TN
Posts: 6,229
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
Okay here it is...
I went to work thursday and I was not feeling well but I thought it was nothing. So at about 5pm I told my boss that I really was feeling bad and wanted to go home. He said that was fine so I got home and after resting and taking a shower I decided tog o lay down for a while. I knew that I was having contractions and they were starting to get painful but they were still around 10 minutes apart so I waited until about 7pm and after talking to Dh decided that I should call the dr and go be checked. I had been to the dr monday and was 2cm 80% and at a -3 station. When I got to the hospital contraction were5-7minuites apart and I was 3cm and -1station. Nurse said baby was right there almost so after 2 agonizing hours in triage I was 5 cm and dr finally decided to admit me. I got an epidural at around 10pm and boy did I need it. Poor Dh had to watch mecry for 2 hours because of the contractions. I dont remember them ever being that intense. The hospital was very busy that night and the nurse told us that they had done 5 c sections in a couple of hours so I guess with all the comotion they decided to let me and Dh rest thinking I would be in labor all night.lol I woke up around 2:30am and told Dh that we needed the nurse to come because I was feeling a lot of pressure and I thought he was coming out. The nurse came and checked and sure enough I was complete so she called the dr and told me not to move.lol Dr got there and he broke my water and had the nurse call the nicu just in case. After 1 push the dr finished pulling Brian out and said he thought he would be fine. We were so happy to hear him screamimg his head off.lol Hhis breathing was a little fast so they took him straight to the regular nursery to be monitered so I did not hold him until he was almost 12 hours old but we are both doing great. I did not have to have a single stitch and I feel wonderful considering that I just had a baby .lol Brian has to go see the dr wednesday to be checked for weight and everything but he is doing so well. Well That is my story.
Mom to Kristen (14) Hannah(12) and Brian (6 )
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0