Log In Sign Up

Ash and Quinn birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
mommyoffive's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,245
AFter only getting about 2 hours of sleep all night, and having diarrea we headed off to the hospital. I was nauseous. We got there at 10am (on time) to find out that our room was not ready. It had to be cleaned. So out to the waiting room I went till almost 11am. We got back to our room and got me ready. IV, etc, and there I sat till 1:45pm (my surgery was at noon) but got pushed back because of emergencies. I got back to operating room and was freezing. I got my spinal and that warmed me up. The nurses were so nice and excited for the twins. I had a student doctor assisting and it was his first set of twins he was really really excited. He was talking to me for a while. They got my screen set up and then I started feeling like I was gonna throw up, I guess my blood pressure dropped low. They gave me some meds and I started feeling better. Dh finally joined me. We waited and waited and they told me I would feel some pressure as they were about to deliver a baby. I didnt instead i could BREATH! It was instant relief. Baby Ashton was born, they took him away and checked him out. Next minute slight pressure and Baby Quinton was born, every commented on all his hair. They checked the babies for a few mins in the operating room and then brought them to show me and then Daddy and babies went to the nursery. They finally finished with me and took me to recovery. My spinal was still working when they gave me my new pain meds LOL. I could not feel my feet or legs. IT was a really weird. They brought Quinton to me and dh came to tell me about the fluid in Ashtons lungs and that he was gonna stay with him. I agreed. They took me back to my room with Quinton and I called the kids and grandparents to come on back. My spinal was still working LOL. Then dh came back for a few mins to give us little updates on Ashton and show me pictures he took with digital. After a few hours of visit everyone left and I got some alone time with Quinton. Dh kept popping in and out with us and with Ashton. My spinal lasted till 8pm!!! Finally after it wore off I got to go see Ashton in the nursery while Dh stayed with Quinton in our room. Ashton only recieved oxygen through a breathing tube and came off it within hours. He had to be monitored over night tho. He came in our room with us in the morning. When we finally became a family!!
Married to Ron (11 years)
Mom to Kylie (16), Zach (11), Emily (9), and twins Ashton & Quinton (5)
Reply With Quote
September 7th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Posts: n/a
aww!! congratulations!! they are so cute!!!!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0