Log In Sign Up

Isaac Maxwell

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2005, 02:23 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 5,971
So let me start out by saying that i didnt get any sleep thur or friday nights. But all day friday i was having some really bad contractions, coming about ever 12 min or so. Went on as usual till about 12am Sat morning when i just couldnt take the pain anymore, but i didnt want to call yet because if we went in i was just scared they would send me home and make me wait. So about 4 am i just couldnt take the pain anymore, called the doctor and she gave me the green light to go in. Called chuck (who hasnt really had a lot of sleep eithher the past few nights) and when i told him we needed to go, he asked me what i wanted to drink with that. I just hung up then because i knew he would wake up and call me back in a few min. He called me back a few min later to make sure tha i actually called him and told him that we needed to go.

We got to the hospital about 5-5:30 at this time my contractions where 6min apart, and i was a little more then 2cm dilated. They where going to send me home. I told them that i was in so much pain that i wasnt leaving. If i really was going to leave i wanted something to stop labor so i would make it till monday when i was going to get induced.

At 6:30am they admitted me. =} Got my epi right away because i was having really bad pain and not having any sleep they didnt want me worn out, and i didnt think i would be able to handle anymore of it. By 7am i was in the waiting process of haivng this baby.

At 8ish they had to give me oxygen because the babies heart rate started to drop, which freaked me out a little bit. 9:30 they started me on pitocin (sp). At noon when they checked me i was 5cm dilated and they told me i would be having him late evening. Nurse came back an hour and half later to check me... asked me what i thought i was dilated to i thought 8cm she smiles and tells me 10cms. I was so suprised in just an hour and a half i did that much work.

From there i had to labor down so the baby could move farther down. So at 4pm i started to push. This is where i was about to hurt someone because this is the worst part of it all. I pushed for an 1 1/2. After 35min of pushing the nurse found out that the baby was stuck. His head was to big. She trired finding the doctor but he was busy. So she made me countine to push for another half hour, with no progress. By this time im dead tired with no sleep, and no more energy to push. I was giving up because i couldnt do it anymore. She finally got the doctor in the room and hes like i had to try and push because hes was stuck. So a few min later he was out. The doctor pulled him out because he wasnt moving. I have 2nd degree tears, which the doctor didnt want to cut me for i dont know what reason???? But OHHH do i hurt so bad. It took him half hour to stich me up i tore so bad.

Also wanted to add they didnt break my water. At one point his head was so tight to the bag that the baby would end up breaking the water, which he did. Funny thing is that the baby was so far down all the fluid was behind him so after he was born i had one big gush of water.

He got 9 on the apgar test after 1min and 5min.

He weighed 8lbs 3ozs. Which the doctor was like hes about 6lbs, i still am amazed that hes THAT BIG.
Hes 21 inches long.

Also he was very well over due. My placenta started to age, and you can really tell with his hands and feet. He looks like a little old man. But he is my little man and im glad hes finally here.

PS. Maddie i was so hoping you would end up in labor this weekend too, i was so bored in the hopsital, there was hardly any one else there.
Reply With Quote
October 18th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 48,199
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
CONGRATS!!!!!! I am soo sorry you had a tough time pushing!! But thank goodness everything is ok and you FINALLY have your little man!! I hope you post tons of pics of that little angel (no pun intended lol)

and TRUST me.... I wish I was there too!!! LOL

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

Reply With Quote
October 18th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,627
Reply With Quote
October 22nd, 2005, 08:14 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,294

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0