Log In Sign Up

Baby Eric!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The fish bowl
Posts: 1,012
Send a message via AIM to GirLStaR
I didn't have a nice birth story, it was actually pretty rough, but I don't want to scare anyone! I still want to someday have a second baby, and everything happened the way it happened bc he was premature, otherwise things would have been different! .

Monday Oct 10:
I started feeling some pressure and cramps andI noticed some bleeding and thought it could be my plug or something but didn't worry about it.

Tuesday Oct 11:
My "cramps" were getting strong and I was bleeding more, so I called my midwife who told me to go to labor and delivery. I got there and they checked my cervix (very painful thing btw) and they said I was 3cm dilated, and was having contractions. They left me there for the day checking me every two hours and since there was no change in my cervix told me to go home and come back if my contractions got worst or my water broke or something. By this time it was already wednesday morning.

Wednesday Oct 12:
I was having contractions ALL day and was already getting exhausted, went back to labor and delivery and was given a shot of something to stop my contractions which didnt work and was sent home again. I know this sounds like nothing, but keep in mind even though my cervix wasnt changing I was still having labor contractions for the last 2 days which hurt SO much. They told me to go back the next day to the fetal assesment unit for preterm labor.

Thursday Oct 13:
I go to the FAU and spent most of the time crying bc I couldnt deal with the cintractions anymore. They send me home AGAIN!!! bc no change in my cervix. I get home and try to relax, lay down and my contractions just get worst and worst, I was crying so much and told DH to take me back to labor and delivery, even if my cervix hadnt changed I needed some pain medication or something!! I swear the pain was SOOOOOOOO bad I couldnt even talk, walk or anything. We get to labor and delivery and they decide they are going to keep me and give me morphine so I could sleep. The morphine helped, I would sleep and wake up with the contractions but I def did get some rest until 2 nurses came in the room in the middle of the night and woke me up put a mask with oxygen in my face and turned me around bc the baby's heart rate was dropping. Later on they explained to me that I had a contraction that lasted 3 minutes and that's what caused the heart rate to drop.

Friday Oct 14:
The contractions were killing me and they checked me and guess what? No change.. So they gave me more morphine which helped the morning go by. Now the afternoon came and I serisoulsly thought I was going to die, they didnt give me any more pain medication and I can't even explain the amount of pain I was in. Twice during the afternoon some nurses came again and did the whole turn me around thing again bc the baby's heart rate was dropping again. I also started bleeding a lot (sorry tmi) and they checked my cervix and no change. Finally at 7pm one of the nurses told the doctor (I forgot to mention my midwife couldnt do anything bc the rules are if it's preterm labor a midwife cant deliver or anything, so I had some doctor who's name I dont even know) ok so one of the nurses told the doctor that was there that I had been there for over 24 hours already and I couldn't take it anymore and they needed to do something. So finally they called the epidural man!!!! It was 7pm and let me tell you I was so happy to have some relief. At 8pm the doctor checked me and said I was 5 cm! I was happy. Not happy about the fact that my baby would be premature, but I needed to have him, it had been way too long I just couldnt live with contractions anymore. So at 8:30 the doctor broke my water and I told my DH to go home and walk the dogs and come back bc it would probabl take another eternity to go from 5 to 10 cm. Well my DH left and I started feeling A LOT of pressure there, and I could feel something coming down and I just knew I had to be 10 cm already bc I could feel his head right there. So I started calling my husband who had just left 20 minutes ago and started leaving msgs bc he wouldnt pick up to just come back bc I just knew it wouldnt be too much longer. Then a nurse came in the room and I asked her if she could check me and she did and said "you're complete! I'm going to go tell the doctor" so of course I grab the phone and start calling DH again and he answered and told me he was on his way back. DH got to the hospital and it was 9:15 and there were 4 nurses, 2 doctors, and 5 pediatricians in the room ready for whatever happened since the baby was premature. So I push for like 5 minutes and the doctor tells me "you think you're pushing but you're not" and the truth is I couldn't feel anything bc of the epidural, so you know what they did? they took it away... So I started feeling those darn painful contractions again and I was just exhausted. I tried to push as hard as I could, but I wasn't doing a very good job, I was tired bc I had been having contractions for days, and I was totally out of breath and I was crying and to top it all off the doctor was not nice at all, she just wanted to get everything over with. So anyway I was pushing now feeling the contractions for like 10 minutes and I hear someone say "heart rate's dropping", then I push again and I hear the same "heart rate's dropping", I push again and "heart rate's dropping" so they turn me arounf put the mask on and I hear everyone yelling "breath! breath! give oxygen to your baby" then they oput me on my back again and I see them putting the forceps in and the next contraction I pushed and they puched the baby out with forceps. He came out extremely pale but other than that he was fine. I didn't get to hold him, the pediatricians took him and rushed him to the NICU. I was crying bc of so many mixd emotions. Then they deliver the placenta and they start stitching me up and I noticed they were taking waaaay too long, and then I heard a doctor say "she had a really bad tear". Anyway it took them like 3o minutes to do that and after that I was SO sore there. Then I found out I had a third degree episiotomy and laceration. I spent the next 4 days at the hospital at the NICU with the baby, and they sent us home on tuesday.

It was hard and the recovery has been hard too, but I'd do it all over again for my baby. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm still a little upset that nothing went the way I wanted.. I wanted a midwife, I didn't want an episiotomy, I wanted the baby to be placed in my belly, just so many things that didnt happen, but all in all I am lucky that Eric is a healthy baby and the only problem he had was apneas which he will grow out of within a month. So if you're still reading wow this is long!!! But this is the story and hopefully when I have another baby (in 2 years maybe or so) things will be different and I will have a better labor!
<div align="center">
Reply With Quote
October 28th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,278
Thanks for posting your story!

I'm sorry to hear that your labor/delivery didn't go as planned, but I'm so glad to hear your baby is doing well. Congrats again!!!
Reply With Quote
October 29th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,098
I'm sorry you had such a rough time. Thank you for sharing your story with us. And congratulations again! You have such a beautiful baby.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
Reply With Quote
October 31st, 2005, 09:23 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 878
I'm sorry that you had such a rough time

I'm glad that Eric is doing fine though!!!!


On your new baby boy

Reply With Quote
October 31st, 2005, 03:10 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 2,271
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
I'm sorry that things didn't go as planned and so many things didn't happen the way you had hoped/dreamed! But... you have a happy little guy that sounds to be doing well! So CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of little Eric!

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"> Many THANKS to MomToLucy for my ADORABLE new siggy!</div>
<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
November 3rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 72,637
Sorry you had a hard time...it was a good strory to read. And you have a VERY cute dog

Reply With Quote
November 8th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,750
Sorry you had a rough time of it!! I'll bet you are happy your little boy is here now!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0