Appt with urologist

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a follow up with the urologist who performed the Circ in January. It looks like there is an extra piece of foreskin that was missed So Emmett will likely have to have it removed when we go in January. They did mention things like this can happen, I would rather have it dealt with now then have it become an issue to him when he is older. It is on the side of his penis below the head.

November 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it's a very simple procedure.
Is it absolutely necessary to remove it?

Sharon
November 9th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Regular
Poor Emmett! This must be a disappointment to you Christa and I agree it is better to get it fixed now rather than later. What a pity they know this can happen and yet they don't take more care to avoid it? Most of us circumcise for health reasons but cosmetics are just as important when you do it.

We've been lucky with Rob and Ryan, their circs look perfect. Two down one to go. Rich has his in a couple of weeks.
November 9th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidsMommy@Nov 8 2005, 11:25 PM
Is it absolutely necessary to remove it?

Sharon
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

At this point the issue becomes cosmetic. I mean sure we could leave it, but as it grows it would look even worse and he would have a pink "bulge" so to speak on the one side of his penis. If it was me (even though I am not a man), I would not be comfortable with that as some would see it as a deformity I am sure (thinking from a woman's perspective).

I am glad I posted this as I know that I am not the only one who has had complications and I hope if anyone else has they feel comfortable here to talk about it

November 9th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UKHelen@Nov 9 2005, 02:03 AM
What a pity they know this can happen and yet they don't take more care to avoid it? <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

When the Doc sat us down beforehand he listed off all the potential risks (which they have to do by law here) and this was one of the little tidbits inbetween. He did say it was better to take not enough off then to take too much, as it can be corrected. That is not a job I want as working with such a small area must be hard. It could have been the method they used perhaps? Maybe the clamp was positioned a little off. Not that it makes it any better, but atleast we can get it fixed up now while he is an infant. I have a friend whose son was done with plastibell which is an entirely different method and she also had problems, so I guess it is just one of those things that can happen. Better now than later though, I do feel so bad for my little man but I will ensure they use the local and penile block again.

November 22nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noticed that Keegan isn't exactly "centered"... I wonder if they missed some skin. DH says we should bring it up at our 4 month appointment, but I also wonder if it's something he might "grow out" of. Poor Emmett!

November 22nd, 2005, 12:31 PM
Be sure to let us know how it goes Sarah.

December 29th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible that they just left the frenulum?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search