Great factsheet for parents on the circumcision decision...

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Children's Hospital at Westmead: Circumcision Factsheet for Parents

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>
January 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi all.
The circ rate here (Australia) is about 12% and thats from the Jewish and Muslim section. Personaly I don't know a single circed boy. I believe the turnaround happend over about 10 years from mid 70's being at about 90% to mid 80's when it became uncomon. Hospitals don't even ask, it's asumed without saying that a parent is not circing, hope ot becomes that way over there very soon.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
January 9th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Hi all.
The circ rate here (Australia) is about 12% and thats from the Jewish and Muslim section. Personaly I don't know a single circed boy. I believe the turnaround happend over about 10 years from mid 70's being at about 90% to mid 80's when it became uncomon. Hospitals don't even ask, it's asumed without saying that a parent is not circing, hope ot becomes that way over there very soon.[/b]
Hi Kitty Cat -- hopefully it's just a matter of time before we Americans take your lead -- with my second son they harassed me mercilessly in the hosp to circ - even though two obs assured me "no circ" was on the chart. My area is a just a little more pig-headed than some other parts of the country but we'll get there eventually

http://www.catholicsagainstcircumcision.org/

http://www.acts15.org/

Galatians 5:2: Behold, I, Paul, tell you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will profit you nothing.

Galatians 2:21: I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.
February 10th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Awaiting#3
I'm in Australia too. Circumcision is so rare now amongst most of the community, it really is only done for religious reasons. It is very hard to find a doctor who actually does it and it is never ever offered in hospital.

My 2 sons weren't done and neither will our new baby son be done.
March 18th, 2006, 09:00 PM
My son has been having treatment at that hospital! He has a rare brain disorder (he produces way too much CSF and can't reabsorb it, so the extra fluid puts pressure on his brain, just as a tumour would).

It's the most fantastic hospital in the entire universe (ok, so maybe I'm biased). I'm so happy they have a pro-intact stance.
March 19th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My son has been having treatment at that hospital! He has a rare brain disorder (he produces way too much CSF and can't reabsorb it, so the extra fluid puts pressure on his brain, just as a tumour would).

It's the most fantastic hospital in the entire universe (ok, so maybe I'm biased). I'm so happy they have a pro-intact stance.[/b]
It's good to hear more about this hospital, thank you for sharing...but I'm so sorry to hear about your son.

Best wishes to your family, hope he's feeling better soon!

Jen

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>
May 14th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks Jen. He's slowly improving (it will take 2 or 3 years for him to get back within the normal range). We were back at Westmead recently - it really is a wonderful hospital.
May 17th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Awaiting#3
Quote:
Thanks Jen. He's slowly improving (it will take 2 or 3 years for him to get back within the normal range). We were back at Westmead recently - it really is a wonderful hospital.[/b]
Isn't it the best hospital!! You must live in my area, we have spent years going there for outpatient treatment with my eldest son for his various issues. I love them there. Our first visit was when he was 2 weeks old, he turned 10 last week.

I'm glad that your son is doing well, you are in the best hands at Westmead.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search