Reasons to circumcise

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What were your reasons for choosing to circumcise?
In my case, it was mainly religion. At the time I really didn't know anything about circumcision itself, but we had a great mohel that explained to us everything we needed and wanted to know. Of course, I never had a thought about not circumcizing but it was after that that I learned circumcision was more than a religious practice and that it actually had some medical benefits.
Now that I'm pregnant with #2, I still have not a single doubt that this is what I will do. I'm even sure I'll use the same mohel. I just have another one to compare that did my nephews and no way I'm changing mohels. This one was way faster, he did a looser circ (which I've learned now is better in some ways), my son didn't make a peep, he healed in just a few days. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sharon
January 24th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Veteran
We are also both Jewish and the thought of not circumcising never entered our minds. Having a bris for both of our sons was important to us.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
February 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
We have a lot of reasons, some that some people don't agree with.

1. Both of our familiy's have circ'ed every boy for as long as I can remember.
2. I think it is cleaner - a friend told me her DH is intact and he always has to worry about infections and whatnot. Not something I want my son to always worry about.
3. I don't want my child teased because he looks different.
4. I worry about questions why an intact son and daddy look different down there.
4. I plain just think it is the way to go.
5. DH agrees with me!

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 13th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reasons I chose?

I have many actually.. Just to name one off the top of my head.. I don't have to live in constant fear that someone is going to come after my son with a penis obsession and retract him...

His penis was red for about a day or so.. There were no adhesions, no complications
Since we EC I can see his urine stream, and theres no feces on his penis (as a matter of fact, I've never seen feces on head of a penis-if he happens to bm in his diaper-the testicles keep it all in place)

It's cleaner-Thats my personal opinion.. Others are free to think otherwise.. but from birth until old age theres no worries about it being cleaned..

Those are just to name a few.. There are more of course

Becky
P-S-Feel free to stop by the mommy lounge ladies and say hello..
February 22nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Veteran
My husband is an oncologist and specializes in cancers of the Genitourinary system. He sees more penile cancer pts then any other doctor (which is still only a few because it is rare) and all of them were not circumcised as an infant. Overall we think it is healthier.

My brother is a young man (24 years old) and he was not circumcised and he strongly recommended that we ďget it over withĒ with Emery as an infant. He wants to have the procedure done now but can not afford it. My mom feels really bad! Not to be too graphic, but my brother wants to have it done due to irritation from over-usage and because ofÖ.cleanliness.

I feel it is really an individual decision. I donít look down on those who donít, I wish they didnít look down on me.

Carrie

March 18th, 2006, 09:42 AM
lovebug's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will circ my sons for many reasons

in no spasific order...

Medicaly benificial
family tradition
DF (darling fiancee) wouldn't have it any other way.
no teasing ( those who think that's over with are sady mistaken..)
I just never thought of not doing it and after reaserching it I think even more it's the best choise to benifit my child somday.

Nadya mom to Mya 7-1-00 GF to Lars <3
March 19th, 2006, 07:41 PM
ALScarbrough's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

2. I think it is cleaner - a friend told me her DH is intact and he always has to worry about infections and whatnot. Not something I want my son to always worry about.
4. I worry about questions why an intact son and daddy look different down there.
5. DH agrees with me! [/b]
I have a question though, If DH was not circumsized would you want your sons to be? I'm not sure about this one, let me know please. Thanks

March 21st, 2006, 05:50 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

I have a question though, If DH was not circumsized would you want your sons to be? I'm not sure about this one, let me know please. Thanks
[/b]
Well, being Jewish I would still circumcise my son, regardless of dh's status. Maybe if I wasn't Jewish then it would be a consideration. I don't know.

Sharon
April 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
irishxrose
Our reasons:

1. DF wanted his son to look like him.
2. We didn't want him teased.
3. Cleanliness issues.
4. Family tradition.
5. We both think it looks better.
April 29th, 2006, 08:35 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Yes, I probably would.

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search