UPDATE ON KYLEIGH

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2006, 10:52 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so i got kyleighs xrays back (i went and got my own copy of them and the report bc her dr was taking too long) she doesnt have any type of infection and no trachea malacia! but we still dont know why she is making the noises! and it seems that after a bath they are soooo bad for a few days! i only give her a bath like every 4 days when she was sick i waited like 6 days and just gave her sponge baths and as soon as i took her outta the tub the noses came back in full force...the pulminologist that she was supposed to go see was like this award winning dr and he died in the begininning of the month so now she will be seeing a covering dr, we go on tuesday...i will let u know whats going on then....is it normal for babys to snore really loud?

stephanie

January 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
so i got kyleighs xrays back (i went and got my own copy of them and the report bc her dr was taking too long) she doesnt have any type of infection and no trachea malacia! but we still dont know why she is making the noises! and it seems that after a bath they are soooo bad for a few days! i only give her a bath like every 4 days when she was sick i waited like 6 days and just gave her sponge baths and as soon as i took her outta the tub the noses came back in full force...the pulminologist that she was supposed to go see was like this award winning dr and he died in the begininning of the month so now she will be seeing a covering dr, we go on tuesday...i will let u know whats going on then....is it normal for babys to snore really loud?

stephanie[/b]

Wahoo I'm glad it's not trachealmalacia. Forgive me, did you see an ENT? Did they check for laryngealmalacia? That can also cause stridor, does she have large tonsils? Snoring can come so many different things- enlarged tonsils, small airways, small sinuses, allergies- it goes on and on! I remember all of my kids were kind of "snorty"- though Anika's stridor was a much different sound. That is wierd that it happens after taking a bath. Be sure to keep us posted- I'm sorry I'm not more help.

</div>
January 29th, 2006, 07:55 AM
nope she didnt see an ENT, she goes to the pulminologist on tues and her regular dr i suppose we will discuss everything there, u have been alot of help thank you

stephanie

February 1st, 2006, 10:33 AM
finally someone who knew what they were talking about!!!we saw the pulminologist he still thinks she has trachea malacia or laryngamalcia, he said something might be pushing on her trahcea...he said alot of the problems could be the fact that she has reflux, so he put her on prevacid..i brought the xrays with me and he said u cant diagnose tracheamalacia with a kneck xray so he doenst know how her Pedi did!!! she has to go for an upper GI and drink the yucky barium stuff...with her spit up coming outta her nose he talked about the possibility if it doensnt get better she might have to have her tonsels and adnenoids removed, he also talked about a sleep study bc she snores and then like gasps for air...im so happy we found someone who knows what they are doin, i mean he talked to us for a good hour about everything the longes time we are in her pedis office with the dr was 15 mins! so im looking for a new dr.

stephanie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search