Stef's Preggo journal 2.0.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2015, 09:00 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited to be starting a new pregnancy journal. I loved keeping one for DS and I hope to be able to do the same for this new journey.

I went to my dr in February and she gave us the okay to start ttc. We were both pretty sick in February so we didn't get to give it a shot. When March came around we decided to give it a go. Considering how long it took us to get pregnant with DS we didn't expect it to happen this soon.

On Good Friday I tested and I was sitting in the bathroom when I saw a line start to appear. I sat there for what felt like a lifetime in complete shock. So I opened another test and dipped it in....+ hpt....I still didn't believe it when the lined appeared and opened a third test....+ hpt....by this time I was crying and pulled out an expired digi and when the word pregnant showed up I was crying harder...but trying to stay as quiet as I could because I didn't want to wake up DH.

When I found out I was pregnant with Hunter I ran in and woke up DH...I didn't get to do something cute like I had thought about for years. So I was determined to do something special.

Later that morning Hunter and I went "grocery shopping" at least that is what I told DH...I went to find a shirt that said "brother". I found one at Target. We got home and I quickly changed DS shirt....and waited for DH to notice. I finally had to ask "what do you think of his new shirt?" He read it and had a huge smile and was like are you serious....total shock for him too.

I called my dr and my first appointment is May 4. I had blood work done on Monday and my hcg levels were 472 and my progesterone was great. I took another blood test today and I should get the results tomorrow.

We are so excited and we feel so blessed. We are praying for another amazing, happy, and healthy pregnancy.

Important Dates
~ April 3 ~ 3W 5D ~
~ April 6 ~ 4W 1D ~ blood work - 472 and progesterone was great
~ April 8 ~ 4W 3D ~ blood work - 1167 and progesterone was 19
~ April 16~ 5W 5D ~ morning sickness hits
~ April 27~ 7W 2D~ had to go to ER for dehydration
~ May 4 ~ 8W 1 D ~ first OB appointment - measuring on time heart rate 166
~ May 14 ~ 9W 4D ~ started Zofran pump
~ May 18 ~ 10W 1 D~ second ultrasound -baby looks like a gummy bear measuring 10W 2D heart rate 165.
~June 1~ 12W 1D ~ took off Zofran pump
~ June 15 ~ 14W 1D ~ great doctors visit...baby measuring on time...HR 155
~ June 22 ~ 15 W 1D ~ started wearing belly band

~ July 6 ~ 17W 1D ~ started feeling flutters of movement
~ July 13 ~ 18W 1D ~ doctors appointment...belly measuring on time HR 150
~ July 30 ~ 20W 4D ~ anatomy scan and we will find out the gender.
[email protected] likes this.

Last edited by denalibear; July 19th, 2015 at 08:48 AM.
April 8th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Bump Pics

Last edited by denalibear; July 15th, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
April 9th, 2015, 08:27 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yaaaaaaay!! Congratulations, Stef!!! I am so glad you didn't have to struggle this time around!!! I am so happy for you! What's your EDD?!
denalibear likes this.
April 10th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
Yaaaaaaay!! Congratulations, Stef!!! I am so glad you didn't have to struggle this time around!!! I am so happy for you! What's your EDD?!
Thanks so much girlie!! It is really cool that we can be preggo at the same time

I am due December 13...but will have a csection the first week of December.

I am feeling really good. No sicky feelings yet...morning sickness didnt hit until 6 weeks with Hunter...im hoping it wont be as bad this time around.

Scott totally believes it is a girl...I am kinda having girl feelings...but if it is a boy that would be so amazing too.

We will be finding out the gender with this baby...I saved a ton of boy clothes that I will have to sell if we have a girl.

We started telling a few people. My parents and brother know...and a few people i am close to at my work. We plan on telling DH's parents this weekend.

We told my parents on facetime...we showed them the picture of Hunter in his best brother shirt and they were so happy and excited.

We will tell other friends and family after the ultrasound in May....come on May...b/c it is so hard to keep it secret.

It feels like time is going by so slow...which I dont mind I want to enjoy every minute....time seemed slow in the beginning with my last pregnancy too and then quickly flew by.

April 10, 2015

4 Weeks 6 days
  • Weight ~ 126
  • Waist ~ 29
  • Energy ~ Very tired
  • Appetite ~ I need to eat every few hours or I get even more tired
  • Cravings ~ no cravings right now
  • Morning Sickness ~ none
  • Symptoms ~ stuffy nose, sneezy, bloated, tired, some CM
~*Jackie*~ likes this.

Last edited by denalibear; June 9th, 2015 at 03:17 PM.
April 10th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Awesome!! I am excited we are pregnant together too!!

I'm anxious to see if your first intuition of baby being a girl is right! Mine was, but I know plenty of times it is wrong. I am just so happy for you! What a great surprise!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- JULY 2015 @ 34 weeks 6 days

Our family is now complete. The End.

April 16th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Well this morning I woke up to some serious nausea...it didn't hit with Hunter until 6 weeks...looks like this little one is advanced

When I was pregnant with Hunter I took 1 8mg Zofran in the morning for morning sickness and it helped throughout the day and I just dealt with the sickness at night. But now that there is a lawsuit against Zofran...I guess I don't have anything. I will need to find something natural that works this time around. With Hunter it was summer so I wasn't working as much...but it is harder now because I have to be at work and ready to teach every day.

Everything has else is going great...I cannot wait to see our LO in May. I have been telling a few people at work...it will be obvious soon with my morning sickness.
April 16th, 2015, 02:54 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AAAAHHHH STEF!! I'm so glad ladies keep me updated in our FB group, I never come around anymore but I've been thinking of you lately and meaning to check in....I must have had a feeling!! 😍 SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You always hear the stories of it getting easier the second time around, I'm so glad that was the case for you!! I'm going to PM you the link to my birth story and a pic of my now 5 mo guy! Look at all of us girls...this day seemed like a dream six years ago but we all finally made it!! I'm overjoyed for all of us! ❤️
denalibear likes this.
April 16th, 2015, 05:15 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my PM went through but I'm not sure? Let me know!
denalibear likes this.
April 16th, 2015, 09:03 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So so thrilled for you Stef!!And so glad that it has happened so quickly the second time around...
cant wait to see you grow again...and I'm totally feeling girl vibes this time around <3
denalibear likes this.

April 20th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Eek! Congratulations. I don't come around here very often anymore but sooooo happy to see this! :-)
denalibear likes this.

May 1st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyRS View Post
AAAAHHHH STEF!! I'm so glad ladies keep me updated in our FB group, I never come around anymore but I've been thinking of you lately and meaning to check in....I must have had a feeling!! �� SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You always hear the stories of it getting easier the second time around, I'm so glad that was the case for you!! I'm going to PM you the link to my birth story and a pic of my now 5 mo guy! Look at all of us girls...this day seemed like a dream six years ago but we all finally made it!! I'm overjoyed for all of us! ❤️
Hey girlie...thanks so much...we are so thrilled. I got your PM and I read your amazing birth story! I was in tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
So so thrilled for you Stef!!And so glad that it has happened so quickly the second time around...
cant wait to see you grow again...and I'm totally feeling girl vibes this time around <3
thanks a ton!!!! Yeah...Scott and I are both saying "she" a lot...but if it is a boy that would be awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Eek! Congratulations. I don't come around here very often anymore but sooooo happy to see this! :-)
Thanks girl! I miss seeing everyone.

Well it has been a while...things have been absolutely crazy..."morningsickness" is kicking my butt so bad this time around...I had to spendMonday in the ER...it took 4 IV bags to rehydrate me...everything comes rightback up...it has gotten a little better but i feel so sick and I am so so sotired all the time.

It is really hard having to teach all day, pick up Hunter from daycare anddo fun stuff, make dinner and I am still nursing but just at night. My bodyis exhausted by the end of the day...I am in bed by 8 every night.

Hunter is growing up so fast...time is flying by. He is the most amazinglittle boy...every day he impresses me with learning so many new things. He ismy little sponge...he is just soaking everything up.

The last two weeks have been crazy at work...we have our state exams andfinal exams...thank God they are all done...maybe things can settle down a bitat work.

I had some bad news on Wednesday...my Grandpa passed away. I am really sadbut he was 94 and lived an amazing life. He had been suffering with Alzheimer’sthe last few years and I know he is in a better place now.

Baby news:

I have a dr appt on Monday...yahoo I will get to see our new little one. Icannot wait. Scott cannot go...he has a meeting that he cannot get out of.

I am trying a new rx for the sickness...not feeling any different though.

I will be taking my 8 week picture this weekend...I decided to do once amonth for now until I start seeing a change...I am so bloated right now.

Well that is about it for now.
May 7th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Hi Stef! I am so sorry you have been so sick and have gone through so much with that!! That's awful! I do hope your new rx is helping out and you are starting to feel at least a little better!! I am also so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It's so hard dealing with the loss, even when they are sick.

And I also wondered how your appointment went on Monday and if you have an u/s pic to share?!
denalibear likes this.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- JULY 2015 @ 34 weeks 6 days

Our family is now complete. The End.

May 10th, 2015, 07:44 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry about the morning sickness, hope you had a great ultrasound!!
denalibear likes this.

June 5th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
SO much exciting stuff to look at on JM today! This is my first time on in forever! I am so excited for you to be having another one! So happy for you hunny
denalibear likes this.

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility

June 9th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I guess I'm a little overdue for an update

13 Weeks 3 Days
Weight ~ 131
Waist ~ 34
Energy ~ still tired a lot but have a little more energy
Appetite ~ able to eat like normal - yahoo
Cravings ~ rice crispies, salads, strawberries and blueberries
Morning Sickness ~ nausea mainly in the evenings and night time
Symptoms ~ stuffy nose, constipation, tired

Lets see....around 8 weeks I started getting severely sick....so bad that every time I took a sip of anything to drink or bite of food I would immediately throw up. I ended up in the ER a few times for dehydration. I lost a lot of weight and so my doctor put me on a Zofran pump. It was a small insulin type device that I wore 24/7. It was constantly pumping Zofran through a tube and needle in my tummy...it sucked! This was the only way I could function...and I mean only function. I went to work and sat at my desk while my kids worked on assigned projects. I had no energy and felt so horrible. I was still throwing up but not all the time.

I could only eat lemon popsicles and rice crispies cereal. That was it....everything else made me so sick.

My doctor told me I was still too dehydrated so I agreed to have a nurse come to my house on Friday evenings to put an IV in for fluids. I wore the IV until Monday morning. It was so hard...I felt like the worse mommy ever! My mom had to come stay with us to help out with Hunter. I had to stop breastfeeding Hunter...I was too dehydrated...I wanted to keep nursing but was only able to do it for 14 months.

I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks, baby looked amazing measuring on time, and at 10 weeks...baby looking great.

Here is our little gummy bear at 10 weeks

Fast forward to last week. On Monday, June 1st I was 12 weeks and I told Scott I was tired of wearing the stupid pump and decided to take it off and I haven't looked back. I have been feeling a lot better...eating like normal still a little nausea in the evening but it was like a light switch....all of the sudden I felt so much better.

I am totally showing sooner this time around...my bump has grown a ton over the last couple weeks. My doctor said that it was normal for you to show faster with the second baby...my size at 13 weeks is what I was at 19 weeks with Hunter. So the bump is showing early

School is out and I have the summer to hang out with Hunter and relax. My next appointment is on Monday...just for blood work and ob check up...no ultrasound.

Hopefully I will have more time to keep my journal updated.

Last edited by denalibear; June 9th, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
June 15th, 2015, 06:47 AM
14 Weeks and I am feeling so much better.

I have a lot more energy and this is my first official day of summer I had to go into work 3 days last week and Hunter still had daycare....so this is our first fun day.

I have an appointment at 10:45...it is just a quick OB check. I should get to hear the heartbeat

Hunter is too young to understand. I keep telling Hunter not to jump on mommy's tummy b/c there is a baby. He just looks at me like "so"
I don't know how to start preparing him for a brother or sister. If anyone has any tips I would totally love to hear them.

I am able to eat like normal...totally craving cheese quesadillas and pickles. Not together but I have eaten 3 jars of pickles in the last week...

I have finally started gaining weight. Yesterday I weighed myself and was like woooooowwwww. Last week I was at 131 and yesterday I was at 138...I gained 7 pounds in a week...a little scary but I guess I am making up for lost time.

14 weeks 2 days
Weight ~ 138
Waist ~ 35
Energy ~ a lot more energy...but I still go to bed around 8:30
Appetite ~ I have to eat every couple hours or I start feeling sick
Cravings ~ cheese quesadillas, pickles, salad
Morning Sickness ~ nausea mainly in the evenings and night time Symptoms ~ stuffy nose, constipation, strange food cravings
June 23rd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on here in forever but I can't tell you how happy I am to see that you're expecting again!!

Wishing you the happiest and healthiest of pregnancies!
denalibear and kbpeanut like this.

June 25th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Thank you so much Nikki!! I posted a reply on the other board...but I just wanted to say here how happy and thrilled for ya girlie...I hope you post updates here so I can follow your journey.
Coley likes this.
July 1st, 2015, 07:40 AM
16 Weeks 4 Days

Time for a quick update

I am feeling so much better...some days are better than others...I do still take a rx for the nausea but I have cut it back to one pill a day instead of 4.

Today is a special day for us...we have been married 10 years today...so crazy how fast time zooms by. We have been through a lot and I still love him more than ever. DH took the day off today...I think we are going to try and go to the zoo with Hunter.

I didn't take a 16 week bump pick but I will take one for 17 weeks...I think my bump has gotten smaller but I haven't been eating as much the last two weeks...just snacking throughout the day on carrots and almonds.

no movement yet...I was really hoping to feel movement by now. I started feeling Hunter at 18 weeks and I felt so much better feeling him moving around...cant wait to feel this LO.

my next appointment is on the 13th...we should find out the gender but instead of my doctor telling us I want her to write it down on a piece of paper. I want to catch our surprise with a family picture.

I will give a friend of mine the paper and have her buy pink/blue balloons and put them in a box. I will have another friend come out to the park behind our home and take pictures of us opening the box. She is a photographer...we trade favors...I tutor her son and she takes photos...great compromise.

We will have a small gender reveal party with our families in Houston. I will buy a cake with pink/blue icing in the center...should be fun.

16 weeks 4 days
Weight ~ 136
Waist ~ 35
Energy ~ some days more than others...it is defiantly hard to chase a 17 months old around all day
Appetite ~ I have to eat every couple hours or I start feeling sick
Cravings ~ almonds, carrots, vanilla ice cream with reeses pieces???
Morning Sickness ~ nausea mainly in the evenings and night time or if I go too long without eating
Symptoms ~ pulling sensation in tummy, out of breath easily, tender boobs
*Manda* likes this.
July 15th, 2015, 01:15 PM
18 Weeks 4 day

I am totally loving summer! Hunter and I have been having a lot of fun...I am not looking forward to going back to work in August. The stores are all for school going back...they started putting school supplies out the beginning of July
DH and I talked and we have decided that this will be my last year of teaching...I am going to be a SAHM next summer. I cant wait...I love teaching, I have been teaching other peoples little ones for over 15 years and I am so ready to give all my time to our little ones.

Okay now an update on the LO in my tummy

I was feeling a lot better but it took a turn for the worse last week. I was so sick...like throwing up all the time again. Hunter and I spent the week visiting family and I am so glad b/c there is no way I could of made it without my mom. I am feeling a little better but I get super nauseas and have thrown up a few times this week. I don't know why the morning sickness is coming back but I wish it would stay away.
Last week I started feeling little flutters and some movement I can't wait to feel kicks.

I had a doctors appointment on Monday...it went great. I thought we were going to have an ultrasound but nope. We were totally bummed because we thought we were going to find out the gender. We have to wait another 2 weeks which sucks.
This weekend I have to go take my glucose test....YUCK!!! I hate drinking the drink...it makes me so sick. Just the idea of eating or drinking something sweet makes me gag. My friend ordered cheesecake when we went out to eat yesterday...I could not look at her while she ate...I pretended that Hunter needed a diaper change and took him to change is diaper. I took an extra long time "changing" him so that when we got back she was almost done. CRAZY. Anywhooo...I have to take the test and I really don't want to.

18 weeks 4 days
Weight ~ 138
Waist ~ 35
Energy ~ very low b/c I haven't been eating much
Appetite ~ no appetite at all
Cravings ~ nothing sounds good at all
Morning Sickness ~ hit again with full force...yuck
Symptoms ~ my tummy and boobs are itchy

I will post bump pics later...Hunts is waking from his nap.

Last edited by denalibear; July 15th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search