Log In Sign Up

James' Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Cuteinnocence's Avatar Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 18
I woke up at 7:44am (PST) on Tuesday, May 16 soaking wet. Way too much fluid, I thought, to have been a bed wetting accident. I woke my husband, who said I just wet myself and then he went back to sleep. So I went to the bathroom and was able to pee like normal...if I'd had an accident I doubt I could've peed. Then I showered and got dressed and all that jazz. I was getting a bit anxious so I called the new OB's office. I'd just seen him the first time that past Friday. They were closed until 9am. So I called the hospital L&D where I'd be delivering and told them the situation. They said it sounded like I had possibly broken my water so I should come in. I then packed my bag (I had planned to do it this week!) and the baby's bag (which I really didn't need to do, the hospital supplied 1 package of diapers). Well, I was told since I wasn't having contractions I could go through processing first, since I hadn't yet registered. So then I was wheeled to L&D and admitted by 10am. Since I had tested positive for Group B Strep (yeah, that was April 28 and I didn't find out 'til I was in the hospital...great job on my OB's part) so they decided to induce labor after talking to my OB. Since they hadn't gotten to my OB until afternoon, I was induced around 1:30pm, as well as started on the anti-biotics for the GBS. I really wasn't feeling them much until 2pm when I barely felt anything. They kept upping my dosage of pictocin regularly until at about 10:30pm or so I was having regular contractions every 2 minutes. They were strong, and I was SO thankful my husband was there coaching me on my breathing...we'd just learned it that past Thursday in childbirth classes. Our son was born before the last class where I would've learned to push...*lol* So as terrified as I was of having a sharp needle (terrified of needles in general) put into my spine, I was NOT mentally or emotionally ready to deal with 2 minute contractions all night long (thanks to the pictocin). At 10:30 I was only 80% and 4cm dialated. I was put in a regular labor room (had been in a triage labor room) at about 2am on Wednesday morning and then given my epidural. I had SO not planned to have one. I did SO MUCH BETTER than I had expected with it. It really wasn't that bad, thank God. After they kicked in I felt SO much better and actually got an hour of sleep...around 4am. At 5:25am I was checked and 100% with 8cm at 0 station. Well, my OB walked in about 5:45am (I'd been told he wouldn't have been in until just before I pushed, so this was unexpected). Guess what he said (this being only 20 min after my last check)....I was fully dialated and at 2+ station! I was ready to push as soon as they had things all set up and ready! That was fast....especially considering how long it had taken to get to 100% and 8cm! So they finally got their instrument table ready and broke the bed and got things ready. Then when they said push, I did and was told promptly to stop. *lol* Turns out he was farther than 2+ station already and his head was beginning to crown with that first push. So they got the OB back in the room and finally let me push. This was about 6:25am I'm guessing. Then after 3 contractions worth of pushing (each contraction they had me push 3 reps of 10 seconds), he told me I needed to have an episiotomy. So I thought that meant he was a pretty good size and we all thought he might be a bit big....which may or may not have caused my water to break we though. So he cut on my next push and then James Rayferd III (omitting last name) was born at 6:33am, Wednesday, May 17, 2006. He weighed (surprisingly) 4 lbs. 15 oz. and was 17 1/4 inches long! He was tiny! He cried VERY loudly, so the OB said that was good and his lungs were healthy. He has a touch of jaundice from being so early, but other than that he's great.

Reply With Quote
September 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Posts: n/a
He was so little!!

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!!!
Reply With Quote
September 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missoula, Mt
Posts: 17,184
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Sounds like a good birth. I had pitocin also, it made my contractions less than a minute apart. I could not even breath. Your little man was so tiny. Congrats to you.
Jenny - Wife to James - Mommy to Amara(8), Kayori (6),
and Rinoa (1)
missing our Angels 2001, 2005, and 2010

Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 3,290
Congratulations!!!! When was he due?
<div align="center"><div align='center'><span style="font-family:Comic"></span></div><div align="center"><span style="font-family:Comic">Proud Mom to Will 5/9/2006
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
Reply With Quote
September 18th, 2006, 06:10 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 5,383
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
Congratulations!!!! When was he due?[/b]

She is a friend of mine on xanga. Her due date was the day before mine. June 8. But she had a ultrasound done later in her pregnancy that had him measuring June 17.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0