Log In Sign Up

Tyler Christian Adamczak

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
kenziesmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to kenziesmommie
Wednesday the 20th I started feeling contractions (almost painless) every 5-10 minutes. That was around 2pm and I was on my way to my moms to take Mackenzie over there so I could go see my best friend who had just delievered her baby at 1:30. I got to my mom's and decided that I would just go and see Carie on thursday. So contractions continue and I take Mackenzie home. John was out to eat with a friend and I called him and told him that as soon as he got home we needed to walk. I didn't tell anyone I was having contractions because I didnt think that this was it. I thought if I said something to someone they would stop. So John got home and around 7:30 we went for a walk about 30-40 minutes. During the walk they were abour 5 minutes apart. Still I didn't think that I was in labor.

Once we got home I made Mackenzie something to eat, I vaccumed, cleaned up my house, packed John a bag etc.... I finally sat down and got a huge contraction that hurt like Hell so I asked Mackenzie to get me the phone and I called the doctor. Contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart at this point but were not lasting very long but they hurt. So my doc said to go ahead and go in to get checked. So stupid me thinks that I have all the time in the world and I take a shower, get mackenzie into her pj's, clean some more, install the car seat and off we go. We take Mackenzie to John's parents and I take the car seat out reinstall it in a different spot when John looks at me and tells me to get my ***** into the car because we need to go. I am still thinking I will be sent home and it was false labor. We have about a 45 minute ride to the hospital when all of a sudden contractions were about 2 minutes apart or right on top of each other I was in so much pain I couldn't breath or talk or even think. We were about 10 minutes away from the hospital when we realize we needed gas what a time to need gas. So we get to our exit and get off the expressway. At this point I am telling John he has to run red lights so away he goes. We stop for a quick fill up and get to the hospital about 5 minutes later. We park and walk in, Yep I walked into the hospital from the parking garage. Why we didn't think to let me out at the door I have no idea. So we get up to L&D I sign in at 11:05 and wait for about 10 min. They call me back and hook me up, telling me they will monitor me for 20 minutes and go from there. Well it only took them about 10 minutes to see I was staying. A doc came in and checked me and I was 5cm with contractions on top of each other. So they called my doctor and told me I was having this baby soon. I didn't know how soon they ment. They put me in a wheel chair a short time after that and take me back to my room. The nurses were scaring me at this point because she rushed me back and told the other nurses that she didn't have any of my paper work done but needed to get me back. She said my doctor wanted my water broken after I got my epi and he was on his way. So I get into the bed and I was getting an IV of fluid put in so I could get the epi. All of a sudden I felt like I had to push and then my water broke. I told them I needed to push and they told me to breath through it so I did. They checked me and I was an 8. So in a matter of about 5-10 minutes I went form 5cm to 8cm. I started to think that the epi was not going to happen. Actually I knew it wasn't. So the nurse for the epi started to ask me all the questions and I answered them and then the epi doc was introducing himself when I needed to push. My body was pushing and there was nothing I could do about it. I just started to scream like I never have before. Everyone was telling me to breath through them my doc wasn't there yet. They checked me and I was 9 1/2 and Tyler was coming even if my doctor wasn't there. Then I see my doc fly in and he tells me to push. I forgot how to push I didn't know what I was doing. I forgot what muscles I needed to use, I forgot I needed to breath, there was nothing that I could do but scream. Then my doctor said "Paula one push and we will have a baby" then the nurse told me to put my chin down and all of a sudden I knew what I had to do. I pushed and he was out. 2 very uneffective pushes and 1 good one and I was holding Tyler. My doctor was in his street clothes and the door was wide open. I don't even know what my nurses names were things went so fast.

I am such a baby for pain so to me the Epi was a must. I still can't believe that I of all people did it drug free. I sure do not plan on doing that again. I will listen to my body next time and get to the hospital in time to get some type of pain relieve. I give every women who does or tries a drug free birth so much credit. But I don't want to go through that again.

Aside from the intense pain seeing Tyler made me forget everything. He is perfect with a head full of hair. 8lbs 6oz 21 1/2inches 12:34am September 21st. I will post some pictures shortly. So it ended that my best friend and I pretty much did have our babies on the same day at the same hospital and the same doctors delivered us.

Thank you Julia for my siggy I love it!

Reply With Quote
September 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Metro Detroit area
Posts: 17,604
Congrats Paula!!! I am for one glad that you made it to the hospital in time. I know what it's like to not be 100% sure if it is the real deal due to all the false labor. You would think being that we've both done this before that we would know for sure. I'm sorry you didn't get your epi!

Congrats again on your little guy, I can't wait to see the pics.

The blinky is clickable!!
Reply With Quote
September 24th, 2006, 02:18 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 18,780
I'm glad you made it in time too!!! Congratulations on your little man!
RIP Grammie (06/24/35 - 07/25/06) and Grampie (08/18/26 - 07/26/06). I love you both and I miss you so much...
Reply With Quote
September 26th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: rochester ny
Posts: 3,251
Send a message via AIM to puboochu99
Congrats on your new little boy!!
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
September 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Former Hamburger turned Bristolian
Posts: 32,722
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
wow that went quick! Sorry that you didnt get your epi, you did a great job though!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0