Log In Sign Up

Rylynn Ella

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,123
I was scheduled for an induction at 8:00 p.m. on Monday night. I sat around waiting until 12:00 a.m. and finally called them to see how much longer it would be. The nurse told me to go to sleep because they had no room available and they would call when one was free. Finally at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning I got the call to come in. I got to the hospital at 9:25 they got me all ready and at 11:00 a.m. they finally gave me the cervedil. At 11:30 I was already having mild contractions. The nurse said I was actually having contractions before they induced me and I was dilated 1 cm. I had pretty good contractions all day then around 4:15 my water broke. I was sitting in a chair because I was having bad back labor and it went all over the floor. Kinda funny at the time. At this point I was 3 cm and my nurse said I could have the epidural so of course I took it. After the epidural I started feeling really good except that my right arm was numb and my right eye was droppy. I think they call this hornes or something. It is just a reaction I had to the epidural. At around 6:00 p.m. I was dilated to 5 cm. At around 7:00 they deciede to put me on pitocin and to put the internal monitor on me. This is when all the problems started. It took the nurse a really long time to get that monitor in and when she started it up Rylynn's hp had dropped to 72 beats per minute. Tons of people rushed into my room they threw oxygen on me and scared me to death. Of course I was bawling at this point. They finally got her heartbeat back up and called my doctor. My doctor got their at about 7:30 and stayed and watched me for about 30 minutes. During this time my epidural line had a problem and it was not working so I was really feeling contractions. And of course at this time they decide to put a cathder in me to see if they would help stabalize her hearbeat. I was checked again an hour later and I was still at 5 cm. The doctors that checked me all said that her head was not straight and she was not pushing on my cervix right that is why I slowed way down. So at this point they decided to take her c-section. It is amazing how fast things moved from that point. Everyone was in my room telling me what they were doing and before I knew it I was in the operating room. It only took about 5 minutes to get Rylynn out, the poor little girl had the cord around her neck three times. So at that point I was sure I made the right decision about the c-section. I REALLY did not want one, but I wanted what was best for Rylynn. Rylynn was born at 9:46 p.m. on Oct 3. She weighted 6 lbs 15.9 oz she was 20.24 inches long. I started running a fever during labor and Rylynn was running a small fever when she was born, but she was fine in a couple of hours. It took me about 8 hours after delivery to get rid of my temp. I was pretty sore at first and I felt bad because it really hurt me to hold Rylynn, but I am doing a lot better now. Rylynn is doing great as well. This is an experiece I will never forget. I would do all over again! What a miracle.

Reply With Quote
October 11th, 2006, 03:01 PM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,401
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
CONGRATS!!!! she is so precious.
I'm glad everything worked out well.

Reply With Quote
October 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 6,279
I am glad she is ok!!! and glad everything worked out. You have an adorable lil girl!!!!
~Angie, mommy to 2 kiddos~

Reply With Quote
October 11th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,639
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
She is beautitul and our babies have the same birthday!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
Reply With Quote
October 11th, 2006, 07:25 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 16,108
Glad everything is ok with you and little Miss Rylynn. Congrats and welcome!!

Reply With Quote
October 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,581
Glad everything turned out well!
<div align="center">
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0