Log In Sign Up

Ty Parker

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2006, 01:24 PM
lizruch's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 77
I woke up at 7am on May 5th, one week overdue. Still pregnant I thought...but not for long! Yipeee!! I made some breakfast for my daughter, my husband and myself. My mother-in-law arrived at my house around 8:30. John and I packed all our stuff into the car, and I made sure he packed the cooler with lots of snacks and drinks for me. (maybe some for him too)

I called the hospital and the midwife to make sure that I was to arrive at 9am to be induced. I was informed that another lady had gone into labor overnight and that I should arrived a little later as my midwife was coming in with the other lady. We drove out of our city to a small town. A little country hospital to have the baby with the midwife. It was one floor and the maternity wing was only one small hall with about 8 rooms. I had a great view from my room! There was a garden and people buzzing about. The hospital here in my city has a terrible view of brick walls or the windows are covered with weird stuff so you can't see out of them but the light still comes in. There was a pretty wall paper border. It was pin and purple and had flowers, I am not sure why that sticks out in my mind but it does. Anyway....

I was hooked up to the machine to moniter the baby and my contractions, which I still didn't have. I was told that another midwife would be coming in to be with me. My midwife arrived at 11am and she did an exam I was 4cm thanks to my strech and sweep the previous day. The plan was to break my water, go for a walk and hopefully labor would start on its own. My water was broken just after 11am and i took a nice walk down the main street of this town. It was such a beautiful day too.

Unfortunately my labor didn't start on it's own. So I was induced at 2pm. We watched some movies and chatted while I was receiveing the oxytocin. I started to have difficulty coping with the contractions around 6pm, however I had psyched myself up for nine months, this would be a drug free delivery! Deep breaths and many bathroom breaks.

Transistion begun sometime just before 9pm. I was shaking and shivering but I wasn't cold and I was in quite a bit of pain but I was still copping fairly well. One final bathroom break and the midwife wanted me to labor upright for a while. I was 7cm before I went to the bathroom. I was propped on the toilet backward with a pillow ont he back of the toilet. I sat there for 2 contractions and I said that I couldn't handle it anymore. This was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I got back into my bed and tried the gas. It just upset me. I was frustrated with it, by the time it took affect the contraction would be over and while breathing through the mask I felt like I wasn't getting enough air. So I opted to just do the deep breathing. I was laying on my side and only had to deal with 3 more contractions. I told the midwife that I needed to push and she said go ahead. I was positioned on my back and I gave one good push (9pm). The midwife did a little exam and then ran into the other room to get changed. The student midwife stayed as I pushed again. Ten minutes(9:10pm) later Ty Parker was born. First words out of my mouth "Ahhh that feels good!" There were giggles all around the delivery room! I breastfed my little piglet for 30min, then he had to be taken off because I really had to go to the bathroom again! I was up and about and I remember a nurse stopped me to tell me I looked great. I really felt great. I felt so awful after I had my daughter. I had 29 hours of labor and an epideral that took 6 stabs before it was in right. (thats the reason this one was drug free) My recovery time from this delivery was much quicker than after the epideral.
<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
November 8th, 2006, 01:44 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 13,284
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
wow...what a great birth story! you should be a writer!! sounds like his birth was a wonderful experience for you!
Reply With Quote
November 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
lizruch's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 77
wow...what a great birth story! you should be a writer!! sounds like his birth was a wonderful experience for you![/b]

Gee thank you so much. As I was writing it I was talking to my friend on MSN complaining I couldn't write it without it sounding boring! So thank you I really appreciate it!
<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
November 9th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 3,290
Wow that is a really inspiring Brith Story!
<div align="center"><div align='center'><span style="font-family:Comic"></span></div><div align="center"><span style="font-family:Comic">Proud Mom to Will 5/9/2006
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
Reply With Quote
November 9th, 2006, 12:14 PM
lizruch's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 77
Wow that is a really inspiring Brith Story![/b]

Thank you.
<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
November 10th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missoula, Mt
Posts: 17,184
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
wow what a great story, I am glad you got to do it with out an epidural. My plan was to go drug free, but the pitocin made it so my contractions were less then a minute a part and I could not breath, so I got a shot of stadol.

I agree with melissa, you should be a writer
Jenny - Wife to James - Mommy to Amara(8), Kayori (6),
and Rinoa (1)
missing our Angels 2001, 2005, and 2010

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0