Log In Sign Up


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere in New York
Posts: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to mamaofanangel
<span style="color:#800080">My Due Date was July 30th, 2006 it was a Sunday and we went to church and people kept asking when I was going to have the baby. I told them I did not know there was no way of knowing. We left church and went home, I wanted to take a nap because I was tired and there was a family picnic at my husbands parents house later that afternoon.
So after my nap we got up and left. I was feeling nothing. Just big ole pregnant and not happy that there were no signs of labor. I did not want to go overdue, but it looked like it was going to happen.
Saturday evening August 5th 9pm I was home alone, my husband had to work overnight. So I was laying on the couch with really bad sharp pains in my upper stomach. I called my midwife and she said it was just heartburn and to take some tums and get some rest. I was scheduled to go in on the 6th and to be induced after church at 1. So I took some tums and called my husband at work and told him I was going to go to bed and told him what was going on. I was not convinced that I was just having heartburn. I guess I had a feeling in the back of my mind that I was going to go into labor. So at 1030, I layed down and got some sleep.
At 140am on August 6th I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. I had been laying on the couch in the living room watching a movie and fallen asleep. So I got up and went to the bathroom. When I got done going pee I was about to stand up and got a sharp pain in my lower stomach that made me sit back down. I heard and felt a pop, and felt a gush. My water had broke! I knew it the minute it happened. I sat there for a minute trying to figure out what to do. I felt my pants pocket for my phone to call my husband. I had left it in the living room. I was still leaking water so I just grabbed a towel and put it between my legs and went to the living room to get my phone. No contractions yet. I got back to the bathroom and sat back down. I called my husband and just said, My water broke. He said ok, get your shoes on, I am coming home now.
My husband got there and I had gotten dressed, grabbed my bag and was trying to put my shoes on when he came in the door. It was now 210, and the contractions had started. They were about 4 minutes apart and lasting about 30-35 seconds.
We called the midwife on our way out the door. It was only 5 mintues to the hospital and we got there at 220. I was admitted into a room and they got my hooked up to the monitors and the contractions were still 4 minutes apart but where lasting about 45-50 seconds each.
The midwife got there and checked me and I was 3cm dialated. It was now 235am.
I was in and out of bed for the next hours going to the bathroom with diarea. ( I was also vomiting for 2 hours then after that I was dry heaving every10 minutes the rest of the tiem I was in labor up until 9am) I was checked at 330am and I was 5cm dialated. I was moving along.
At 515am I was checked again and I was 7 cm dialated and the contractions were 2 minutes apart lasting 60 seconds.
At 700am they checked me and I was still at 7cm. I was so tired and in so much pain but I was determined to have my baby nautrally. So I asked if there anything that would just help me relax and they gave me Demerol. It let me relax between contractions and getting a couple minutes sleep at a time. Everything between contractions is kind of gone because I was so out of it. But at 845 they checked me and I was 8 1/2 cm dialated! I was so happy! I was finally making progress again!
At 9am they checked me again and I was 9 1/2 cm! The midwife said it was going to be a little bit longer, so she said she was going to go down and get a coffee. So Ken and I were in the room alone. I was gripping the bed rail during contractions and fighting to stay awake when they were gone. At 910 I told Ken I felt like I needed to push so he called the nurse. She came and checked me and rushed righ out of the room. She brough the midwife back with her and she checked me and told me I was fully dialted! She told me to give her a practice push and I did and she said she could just see the baby's head when I pushed. Ken was exstatic. They got everything ready And I actually started pushing at 920.
I pushed and pushed and pushed. It hurt so bad. I was ready to give up. I was exhausted and felt like this baby was never going to come out. I layed back on the pillow and stopped pushing. I could not hear anything. I was ready to give up when Ken leaned over, put his hand behind my head kissed my cheek and said "You can do it honey. You are almost there. You have done a wonderful job so far. You are about to bring our baby into the world. You are strong. You can do it. Now PUSH!" So I brought myself back up and pushed. And with 2 more pushes our baby was born. I feel back onto the bed and heard the midwife say " Congradulations! It's a baby girl!" I was so happy!
She put her on my belly and I looked at her beautiful face. She looked just like Ken. I looked at him and said. "It's a girl!" He beamed with excitment! The midwife asked what we were going to name her and we both said at the same time.

Daphne Elizabeth

She was born at 10:15am
August 6, 2006
8lbs 1oz
20 1/2in

She is a happy and healthy baby today! We are truely blessed to have her in our lives!

Thanks for being paitent and reading my book. </span>

Reply With Quote
December 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
jacksons_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 902
Hey now your labor was shorter then mine, just that I didn't have contractions as long.

Great story though and I hope that it is easier for you next time
Reply With Quote
December 4th, 2007, 08:24 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ocean Reef, WA
Posts: 31,927
what agreat story. and not a really long labour either. Congrats.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0